Jane Wyatt Died Sunday

A

AngelWolf

Mods: I am not sure if that is right place and also I do not know if anyone has post abt her... and if so pls delete this and thanks!

She died last Sunday and I have known her for a long time but that show "Father knows best" I do not watch that but she also on some serveral shows and movies as well...

(CNN) -- Actress Jane Wyatt, the prototypical housewife and mother in the television series "Father Knows Best," has died at age 96, her spokeswoman told CNN Sunday.

Wyatt died Friday of natural causes in her sleep at her house in Bel Air, California, said Meg McDonald, Wyatt's goddaughter and publicist.

A spokesman for Gates Kingsley & Gates Funeral Home in Santa Monica confirmed the death.

Before taking her role in the television series, Wyatt had already established herself as a television pioneer, serving as host of the "Bell Telephone Hour."

But it was her co-starring role with Robert Young on "Father Knows Best" that catapulted her to stardom and led her to become the first consecutive winner of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' Emmy Award.

In the late 1960s, she appeared in an episode of "Star Trek" as Spock's mother, a role she reprised in 1986 in "The Voyage Home," a Star Trek movie.

Born August 12, 1910, to an investment banker and a drama critic, Wyatt attended Barnard College and made her Broadway debut as an understudy at 19.

She played roles that included ingenue and leading lady in about 50 plays, including "Autumn Garden" with Fredric March.

In 1934, Universal hired her and moved her to Hollywood. Over the next 30 years, she appeared in 30 films and a number of plays, often in the role of the understanding wife.

She acted in "Great Expectations" (1934); "Lost Horizon" (1937); "None but the Lonely Heart (1944); "Gentleman's Agreement" (1947); "Task Force"; and "The Voyage Home" (1986).

In 1935, Wyatt married investor/inventor Edgar Bethune Ward, who died in 2000.

Wyatt is survived by her sons Christopher and Michael Ward, three grandchildren and five great grandchildren.

Here is link: Jane Wyatte died

Rest in peace, Jane, u will be missed... u are also now in good hands. -|-

Oh yes, I saw on cnn, last monday in moring.. Sorry to hear about... My heart goes to her family..
She is so great actress ! ! !

My grandmother told me about her.. She remmy her when she was young and watched her show..

M-:afro:

RIP
Jane Wyatt....

I was watched her show last espoide star trek about few years ago related spock's mother...

i did watched several movies of her in it.. she was a wonderful actress! I was sad to hear about her death. She will be missed! RIP, jane!

RIP
Jane Wyatt....

I was watched her show last espoide star trek about few years ago related spock's mother...

OHHH now I remmy abt that Spock's mother, whos Jane was played!! No wonder, at first why they said that she was played in one of Star Trek!! Cuz they are my fav! Thanks GA!! Damn, sad.... RIP, Jane! U have a good hand up there~

She was 96...RIP and Godspeed

She was hot when she was younger, though.

Back