Mother (Patty Ramsey) of Slain JonBenet Ramsey Dies

G

Gemtun

Mother of Slain JonBenet Ramsey Dies
By Associated Press
33 minutes ago

ATLANTA - Patsy Ramsey, whose 6-year-old daughter JonBenet's 1996 slaying has never been solved, died Saturday of cancer, her lawyer said. She was 49.

Ramsey had been battling ovarian cancer since 1993 and suffered a recurrence three years ago, attorney L. Lin Wood said. Her husband, John, was with her at the time of her death.

JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in her parents' Boulder, Colo. basement on Dec. 26, 1996. A grand jury investigation ended with no indictments, and no arrests have been made.

The Ramseys said an intruder killed their daughter but a cloud of suspicion hung over the couple. The district attorney and a federal judge in Colorado have said it is likelier that an intruder was responsible.

JonBenet's death became fodder for tabloids and the subject of books.

"I think people realize now that this family was very much victims of that murder and have suffered greatly because of it in terms of the false accusations made against them," Wood told CNN Saturday.

Patsy Ramsey said she found a ransom note on the back staircase of the family's home demanding $118,000 for the safe return of JonBenet. John Ramsey said he found his daughter's body in a basement room, wrapped in a white blanket eight hours later.

An autopsy concluded JonBenet suffered a skull fracture, and was strangled and beaten.

The couple wrote a book, "The Death of Innocence," which was published in 2000.

They later left Colorado and had residences in Atlanta and in Michigan, where John Ramsey unsuccessfully ran for a state House seat in 2004. The Ramseys discussed their daughter's death during the campaign.

"We can't just hold our breath and hope the killer will be found and then go on with our lives," Patsy Ramsey said in 2004. "We have to move ahead now. We can't let evil win."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I have always felt bad for her because she never found out what truly happened to her beautiful and precious daughter.

May she find out the answer in Heaven. I am sure that she is very happy now that she is reunited with her daughter :)

Gemtun said:
I have always felt bad for her because she never found out what truly happened to her beautiful and precious daughter.

May she find out the answer in Heaven. I am sure that she is very happy now that she is reunited with her daughter :)

I feel the same way. It's sad.

Some Coloradian people believe it was the Ramsey parents who murdered their daughter for fame, etc. I'm not gonna get detail on this...

I still believe both of them murdered their own daughter. When you really murder somebody another than in self defense or wartime then you are gonna pick up some pretty bad curses and judgement from God for murdering somebody. It will show up sooner or later. Now we need to watch what happens to the father because the truth may be found long at last then he will be sent to prison where he will be amongst angry inmates who are fathers themselves that love their children very much will beat and end up killing him for what he did to his own daughter. Too bad for him and I don't understand his wife either. If my wife killed my children, I hope that never happens but God forbid it did happen then I would be soooo angry and divorce her right there and the police haul her ass off to jail. There is absoutely no excuse for doing something horrible to my children or to anybody's children for that matter and I am not gonna be lovey-dovey with her and have sympathy for her while she is in prison. I would go on with my life and of course once in a while wonder what the hell happened to make her do such a evil thing. I am not gonna look back for her like some guys do you know ? That would be one sick woman right there.

Heath said:
I still believe both of them murdered their own daughter. When you really murder somebody another than in self defense or wartime then you are gonna pick up some pretty bad curses and judgement from God for murdering somebody. It will show up sooner or later.
It's called KARMA: What goes around, comes around...
Heath said:
Now we need to watch what happens to the father because the truth may be found long at last then he will be sent to prison where he will be amongst angry inmates who are fathers themselves that love their children very much will beat and end up killing him for what he did to his own daughter. Too bad for him and I don't understand his wife either.
Why dont you pray to see if he'll drop his soap in prison...

Ramsey's brother, Burke lost a sister and now his mother..
I think he is 21 years old right now.

And Ramsey's father lost a daughter, then another daughter, and now a wife.

That is really sad.

FreedummyRing said:
Ramsey's brother, Burke lost a sister and now his mother..
I think he is 21 years old right now.

And Ramsey's father lost a daughter, then another daughter, and now a wife.

That is really sad.

It is sad. Unfortunately, there will always be people who believe they murdered their own child despite evidence to the contrary. It's my hope that the truth comes out someday, about what happened to that little girl. Because, regardless of who killed her, she did NOT deserve to die the way she did.

Btw, Burke is now 19. Jon Benet would have been 16.

nozobo said:
It's called KARMA: What goes around, comes around...

I do not believe in karma. I believe in God's blessings and the curses that are from the devil.

Why dont you pray to see if he'll drop his soap in prison...

I am not going to pray for him to drop his soap or have him be killed. That is something that will simply work itself out.

Patsy Ramsey passed away!

Mother of slain JonBenet Ramsey dies By ROBERT WELLER, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 55 minutes ago

Patsy Ramsey, who was thrust into the national spotlight by the unsolved 1996 slaying of her daughter, 6-year-old beauty pageant contestant JonBenet, died Saturday following a long battle with ovarian cancer, her lawyer said. She was 49.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ramsey was diagnosed with the disease in 1993 and suffered a recurrence several years ago, attorney L. Lin Wood said. She died at her father's home in Roswell, Ga., a suburb of Atlanta, with her husband, John, at her bedside.

"It is not unexpected but it is a sad day," Wood told The Associated Press.

JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in the basement of the family's home in Boulder, Colo., on Dec. 26, 1996.

Patsy Ramsey said she found a ransom note on the back staircase demanding $118,000 for the safe return of JonBenet. John Ramsey said he found his daughter's body in a basement room eight hours later.

Boulder police said early on that Patsy and John Ramsey were under an "umbrella of suspicion" in JonBenet's death. The Ramseys said an intruder killed their daughter. A grand jury investigation in Boulder ended with no indictments, and no arrests have been made in the case.

In 2003, U.S. District Judge Julie Carnes in Atlanta concluded that the evidence she reviewed suggested an intruder killed JonBenet. That opinion came with the judge's decision to dismiss a libel and slander lawsuit against the Ramseys by a freelance journalist, who the Ramseys had named as a suspect in their daughter's murder. The Boulder district attorney at the time said she agreed with Carnes' declaration.

"Hopefully her legacy will not be tied to the false accusation related to the brutal murder of her daughter," Wood said of Patsy Ramsey Saturday.

Patsy Ramsey was born in Parkersburg, W.Va., on Dec. 29, 1956. She was crowned Miss West Virginia in 1977.

"Those who were fortunate enough to really know Patsy didn't just like her, or admire her, but truly loved her," longtime friend Linda McLean of Parkersburg, W.Va., said in a statement Saturday. "She was probably the most beloved person I've met.

"Watching how she maintained her strong faith through all her heartache gave the rest of us strength," McLean said.

JonBenet was named after her father, with the name pronounced in a French-inspired manner as zhawn-ben-AY. She followed her mother into beauty pageants, learning how to walk, gesture and perform and collecting a wardrobe of elaborate costumes, including that of a Las Vegas showgirl and a cowgirl.

The little girl's titles included Little Miss Colorado; Little Miss Charlevoix, Mich.; Colorado State All-Star Kids Cover Girl; America's Royale Miss, and National Tiny Miss Beauty.

John and Patsy Ramsey left Colorado after JonBenet's death and wrote a book, "The Death of Innocence," which was published in 2000.

They had homes in Atlanta and in Michigan, where John Ramsey ran unsuccessfully for the Michigan House in 2004, finishing second among six candidates vying for the Republican nomination.

The Ramseys discussed their daughter's death during the campaign.

"We can't just hold our breath and hope the killer will be found and then go on with our lives," Patsy Ramsey said in 2004. "We have to move ahead now. We can't let evil win."

Patsy Ramsey is survived by her husband and their 19-year-old son, Burke.

She will be buried next to JonBenet in St. James Cemetery at Marietta, Ga., said Terry Pendley, owner of Mayes Ward-Dobbins Funeral Home in Marietta, Ga. Services were scheduled for Thursday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060624...UCOucWs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b2NibDltBHNlYwM3MTY-

Gee, what if she didnt do it? So don't go all blaming on her.

Anyway R.I.P to her.

AnnyGuy said:
Gee, what if she didnt do it? So don't go all blaming on her.

Anyway R.I.P to her.

I agree! Those who say she did it just have formed an opinion based on what they heard in news reports. There was no trial.

People are entitled to their opinions, but I really wish these same people would wait to hear everything before they form those opinions.

Back