Shesh!

TweetyBird

Premium Member
Reaction score
ATCHISON, Kan. -- A sex affair inside the Atchison County Jail has shocked prosecutors, KMBC's Lara Moritz reported Monday.

Court papers state that in January, Travis McBride, a 28-year-old sheriff's deputy working inside the jail, had sex with 18-year-old Sheena Kley, an inmate serving time for probation violation.

McBride admitted he had sex with the inmate and pleaded no contest to the charges.

"They met from being in the jail; a relationship sprouted," prosecutor Jerry Kuckelman told KMBC. "Deputy McBride had told other officers that he was working an undercover drug operation and needed to talk to her, and had her taken to the multipurpose room."

In that multipurpose room, McBride and Kley had sex, prosecutors said.

"It was a case of consensual sex involving two adults," Kuckelman said.

Kley's mother went to Kuckelman, claiming her daughter had been raped.

Kuckelman said Kley also admitted to willingly have sex with McBride.

"It was very clearly a case where she was just as much involved as he was. If this had happened outside of a jail setting, there would have been no crime," Kuckelman said.

But because the incident happened inside the jail, McBride is in trouble. A former Marine and respected law enforcement officer who will now become a registered sex offender.

"It's been tough on morale for everybody in the sheriff's department --tough for the people in my office. Deputy McBride was a very good officer," Kuckelman said.

Kley served her sentenced and was released from jail. She's suing the sheriff's department.

McBride could face time in jail. He will be sentenced in March.

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/7523643/detail.html?subid=22100413&qs=1;bp=t

i think that girl try blame on him or what.. i puzzle that she agreed sex with him.. but i am not sure.. what do u think?

look like that lady seeking attention or find a way to sue or get out of jail. But sheiff shouldn't done it first place and he should aware that he will lose his value career!

SherryCherish said:
look like that lady seeking attention or find a way to sue or get out of jail. But sheiff shouldn't done it first place and he should aware that he will lose his value career!
y ea true i agree with u.. but he know better not do that cuz of job... also i think that girl , i looked at her picture, that she isnt honest person to me..

The deputy knew the rules and he broke them. He should be punished.

Looks like Travis McBride got owned by her. But, what I'm confused about she is 18 years old, how come he was charge as a sex offender? I don't get that one.

Since the girl is 18 years old. The law says 18 and older are entitled to be "Adult"! This girl is adult! Why label the officer as sex offender? That's ridiculous! However, He should have known better and shouldn't have sex with the girl in the first place!

I think the deputy will be charged as a sex offender because the young woman in question, as if she was in a nursing home and a vulnerable adult, this is a sex crime instead. In other words, the location of the sex act, which is in a jail, makes her a vulnerable adult. He knew better than that and shouldn't have done it, no matter how many crocodile tears she shed.

Back