Parents Latest Victims of Judicial Activism

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
In a case that is sparking controversy among conservative and pro-family groups, the notoriously liberal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled this week that parents do not have exclusive rights over their children when it comes to providing sexual education. This ruling is one of many, including the infamous “Under God” decision, which has established this court as the poster child for judicial activism.

As reported in Appeals Court Declares Parenthood Unconstitutional, Group Says, the 9th Circuit dismissed a case brought by California parents who were “outraged over a sex survey given to public school students in the first, third and fifth grades.”

According to the report:

The parents argued that they — not the public schools — have the sole right “to control the upbringing of their children by introducing them to matters of and relating to sex.”

However, on Wednesday, the three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit said:

There is no fundamental right of parents to be the exclusive provider of information regarding sexual matters to their children. … Parents have no due process or privacy right to override the determinations of public schools as to the information to which their children will be exposed while enrolled as students.

Judicial activism is one of the most diabolical aspects of our current government, and it is one which the founding fathers certainly did not anticipate. Whether the activism is by liberals or conservatives, the right approach for a judge is to examine the law as written, the Constitution (state or federal), and rule according to what’s written. If times have changed, and society has evolved, then there are mechanisms in place such as enacting new laws or amending a constitution to cover those situations.

As Rachel Alexander pointed out yesterday, current Supreme Court nominee Judge Samuel Alito has issued rulings over his career that might leave some wondering where he stands on abortion. Although these cases will certainly be reviewed in detail, the key point to keep in mind is that America does not want a judicial activist. Rulings should be based on the law and the Constitution and not the personal beliefs of a judge.

>> Discuss this topic in The Forum

>> Bobby Eberle Media Appearances

>> Recommend to a Friend | >> Send a Letter to the Editor

Posted in Politics | Send comments to The Loft

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/?p=112

Liebling:))) - You should read "Discuss this topic in The Forum" in this link. I got those link from other forum. It seem that most disagree to this. :dunno:

Come and share your opinion to this... :thumb:

Well, I think it´s meanfuling for schools to offer lessons for the students in sex education at earlier age due health issues, (pregnancy and AIDS , etc) before they hit puberty time. This is an information about prevention of AIDs, unwanted pregnancies, etc.

The reason is I´m for it because a lot of parents rejected to have sex education in schools because of religious reasons, make up a fairy tales about how to make babies, don´t teach their children anything.. Truth is my parents never taught us proper sex education but "fairy tale". I learned about real and safe sex education etc from school and friends. A lot of children know nothing about sex because their parents never told them.

I beleive sex education should be obligate to expose children at earlier age before they hit puberty because it´s safe to educate them as much as possible to make them safe and good decision in the future..

Parents shouldn't be in full control of their exposure to this information because there are some parents who won't tell their kids this stuff until it's too late, maybe because of their religon encouraging them not to talk about it.
It's not a good idea to let STDs be spread by people who don't know much or anything about them. The people who don't teach their kids about this could be seen as sort of a threat against the larger population, which the government has power over, so the government goes ahead and teaches this stuff in schools.

Another good reason not to send kids to public government schools.

The case involved a survey on psychological barriers to learning given to children from age seven to ten in 2002 by the Palmdale School District in California. The survey included questions on sexual topics such as the frequency of thinking about having sex and thinking about touching other peoples private parts.

Parents said they had not been informed of the questions and sued the district, claiming that it had violated their right to privacy and their right to "control the upbringing of their children by introducing them to matters of and relating to sex."

Last edited:
While I think it's not right of what they did, but I can see something that would come in quite handy... which I don't see anywhere in this article.

Most child molestations are committed within the family. Most go unreported and many are too afraid to report it. Maybe there is a way to find out if children are being abused by a family relative or somebody else.

For example, some criminal investigators question molested children by handing them some illustrations of children's body outline. They can point to where they've been touched by a parent, sibling, relative, etc.

Just a thought, because there are way too many child molestations committed and nothing being done about it. Did anybody see that Dateline special last night?

Crazy, it's amazing what pedophiles will do to get together with a 13-year old teenager!

Sorry for the off-topic comment.

Banjo said:
While I think it's not right of what they did, but I can see something that would come in quite handy... which I don't see anywhere in this article.

Most child molestations are committed within the family. Most go unreported and many are too afraid to report it. Maybe there is a way to find out if children are being abused by a family relative or somebody else.

For example, some criminal investigators question molested children by handing them some illustrations of children's body outline. They can point to where they've been touched by a parent, sibling, relative, etc.

Just a thought, because there are way too many child molestations committed and nothing being done about it. Did anybody see that Dateline special last night?

Crazy, it's amazing what pedophiles will do to get together with a 13-year old teenager!

Sorry for the off-topic comment.
Not really off-topic. There are some people who claim that the reason they use the survey is to seek out child abuse cases.

However, a survey with leading questions distributed to a large general group is just a fishing expedition. It is not the same as a professional counselor carefully questioning a child, using questions specific to that child's situation and personal make-up, in a controlled setting, to get specific evidence of a specific alleged crime.

This "survey" goes beyond "education" or criminal investigation.

Also, if it is a survey, aren't the responses supposed to be anonymous? If so, then the results are useless for finding specific cases of abuse.

Reba said:
Another good reason not to send kids to public government schools.

No, it's not just public school but parents, too.

Alot of parents never educate their children over sex issues.

I beleive that the children has the right to know what sex issues is and why they are important, safe, etc. why sex is not for anyone to fun with etc. It's teacher's duty to teach about sex safe... I thank teacher for educated me about sex safe... Without teacher, I would go wrong path...

Can you care to explain what "survey" mean?

Yes liebling, agree you somewhat... but..
otherwise my concern about Young teenagers/young children...

Is that suitable for okay "Public school" ? Too Early Education them.. I've seen young children are not proprite behaviour about stuff... My little son spoke w/me few days ago and about other young boys who were pulled their pant down and showned their private parts and said come girls touch me.. It's cool.. blah blah..
((Glooming in my mind talk))~ Oh sheesh cannot believable! He asked me, Is that okay for this ? I kept postive talk as normal peep talk... w/my last son and said Is that school have education sex things? He said yes, talk about not safe and every details why is that blah blah... and showned them condoms..
I felt *grasp my hands* reason doesn't like that way.. see Infludeled young children loves curiouis any kinds stuff.. and also dirty mind talk...

Isn't proprite way for Public school..
I'd rather use "Junior High school" for grade 7 and 8 because prepared for seriouis education sex class room. I've seen Young Teenagers are involved "puppy love" and touch their young teenager girl's butt.. (goosebumps) I felt what they are doing.. Is that proprite teacher taught them... What if Teenagers came into trouble and careless their life changed not meet their education enough as well ? What Teacher did taught them enough well ??? That is my key question main concern about Junior High school.
One thing, I do not like Teacher giving away condoms to Young Teenagers (Junior High school) reason Young Teenagers will curiouis and want learn sex drive.. can be lead into sex active. How can you be sure concern about main issues ?

In Ontario, Canada has law for Sex Education provide by Junior High school...
My concern is... TEACHER is okay for giving away condoms.. Is that okay for this ? Does allow them learn sex ? Give me a break..

Senior High school, be always have requires Health Class room which any kinds education for safe sex, hiv/aids, herps and blah blah name it.. Yes Do teachers giving away condoms... Do you feel agreed ? As for me.. Not really.. I'd rather not teacher giving away "Big" Teenagers. which isn't proprite.. I'd rather stick w/ Health Unit Department have seriouis major issues about sex and details.. suitable for everyone.. but not invovled school which different this place private. Whoever interested part of Health Unit Department, Professional Nurse will talk privacy w/Young women or men which it's seriouis advise.. I wish Senior High school can send students attend to Health Unit Department provide one classroom.. Quite strong education proprite ways.

Yes, I do always making sure w/my children as condiser "Family meeting" once in two weeks. Espically My older son.. Of course, I do noticed what he have become...
Doesn't matter, I kept postive peep talk w/my son as general talk.. any kinds subject talk.. and he'll become seriouis talk subject.. No matter what any kinds, I do certinally open door talk w/my older son advise.. Sometimes I can see what he felt unwanted hear somewhat issues.. I kept patience w/him each another day as normal peep talk.

Not easy.. Can see.. if your teenager son/daughter may rebel you and doesn't want hear all "yellow flag" being your chatter seriouis... "Give your son/daughter a space for while couple days" until when ready talk normal not too quick seriouis talk and forced any kinds subject.. Will come worst may lead to shut you down!
Not worth.
As for me, Yes I have to wait and give my older son's space sometimes concern..
Of course that okay for you being mother or Father's worry worms as long can wait little bit time until when ready talk seriouis "later".

I don't want talk about my older son's repluation.. which private business..
This is my subject is up the surface talk..
*Thank you*

By the way, Wishes you have great luck...
*Be try remember, "Just simple yellow flag about stranger and general talk" don't let deep talk about sex.. Your child will become curiouis not even aware Strange really wants to something.. will hurting your child.. Kept remind your child.. "be always stay w/group". If you're alone.. stay on sidewalk and near the neighbourhood where feel safe and to see if stranger near you.. *quick run into near your neighourhood's house ((make sure sticker Protection Neighbourhood)) you can go ahead if don't have sticker don't go.. **Depends if you see lot of toys front yard..GO FOR it and knock the door** Will come more safer for your child and call police right away..

I think better stop talk.. which so long talk here..
Hear your feedback! *smile*

Liebling:-))) said:
...Can you care to explain what "survey" mean?
The schools gave a survey form to each student to fill out at school. The survey form was a list of questions about what the students think about or do. It was not a sex education lesson. It was a questionnaire digging for personal information from the children.

One of the things that I dislike about general sex ed, is that there's no real teaching about how to handle the information. Girls and guys should be taught about how healthy good relationships WORK, and that sex isn't nessarily something you gotta do in the context of a relationship. Our society profanes sex too much.....ughhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

I also think that churches should stop the "don't have sex, do abstenitnece mentality.." Nothing wrong with that, but it's kinda the forbidden fruit thing.
Why don't churches teach kids about what a healthy good loving relationship IS, and then teach that sex is sacred?

I think school should have sex education. My school didn't. My dad gave me a horrible lecture on sex. In fact, you could say it was more boring than the "birds & bees" method! :zzz:

VamPyroX said:
I think school should have sex education. My school didn't. My dad gave me a horrible lecture on sex. In fact, you could say it was more boring than the "birds & bees" method! :zzz:

Well, are you a virgin ? If, yes - then, you should be grateful for havin' your dad lecturin' you on sex. He cares about you. That's how the parents should train up the child to curb from gettin' in trouble. It's better than havin' sex education in schools -- IMO. There's tooo many sue out there for stationary rape and plus, AIDS/HIV/STD are increasin'.

cyber........I hate to say it, but I think that Sex Ed in schools isn't as evil as some would have it. Through schools kids can learn THE FACTS, not urban legends or other things like that.

Liebling:-))) said:
http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/?p=112

Liebling:))) - You should read "Discuss this topic in The Forum" in this link. I got those link from other forum. It seem that most disagree to this. :dunno:

Come and share your opinion to this... :thumb:
Back up and read where you got your article from.
Its a partisan political site. OF COURSE the information they are giving will be slanted.
Therefore, any discussion of this article by its very nature is distorted because we do not have accurate information of what occurred.

As clarification, GOPUSA is implicated in a situation where it placed a 'plant' within the white house press corps in order to slant news in favor of Bush. (see the wikipedia entries on jeff gannon or Talon news for more info on this. ) Robert Eberle, the writer of the article, was the same person behind the creation of the fake news site that was responsible for the 'plant'. Thus, any information Robert Eberle or gopusa.com from them becomes immediately suspect. The article might be interesting, but I'm only reading it as a propaganda piece.

deafdyke said:
cyber........I hate to say it, but I think that Sex Ed in schools isn't as evil as some would have it. Through schools kids can learn THE FACTS, not urban legends or other things like that.

Who said evil ? I don't think it's a good idea to have sex education in schools.
Look at the world today -- what happened once the sex education is in schools ? It don't success. They always find another way to prevent problems. Still don't work. It's why it's the best to have the parents to teach their own children at very young age. Children will not depart from it.

CyberRed said:
Who said evil ? I don't think it's a good idea to have sex education in schools.
Look at the world today -- what happened once the sex education is in schools ? It don't success. They always find another way to prevent problems. Still don't work. It's why it's the best to have the parents to teach their own children at very young age. Children will not depart from it.

It's easier to control how it is taught in schools than in homes because there are less schools and teachers than parents. The teachers could have oversight to see how well they teach and this allows for improvements. The schools could provide the structure to do this. There's nobody who could montior how parents teach it and try to improve how they do it because there's so many more parents. They best they could do with parents is to publish educational things for them with advice and ideas about how to teach their kids. There's no guarantee that all parents would read that stuff. With schools, it's easier to require teachers to learn about teaching methods, like by sending them to workshops.

I think there should be sex education in schools--but I do think that parents should have the right to opt their children out of it if they wish. Even though my parents, as Christians, felt it was good for me to hear what the schools had to say (in addition to what they taught me), I think we should have respect for those whose beliefs are different. Even if we don't like or agree with those beliefs.

Churches would do well to approach the matter differently, from a perspective of "Why abstinence before marriage is a good and worthwhile idea" rather than "You'll burn in hell if you don't." But I doubt we'll see change in this any time soon...

RedFox said:
It's easier to control how it is taught in schools than in homes because there are less schools and teachers than parents. The teachers could have oversight to see how well they teach and this allows for improvements. The schools could provide the structure to do this. There's nobody who could montior how parents teach it and try to improve how they do it because there's so many more parents. They best they could do with parents is to publish educational things for them with advice and ideas about how to teach their kids. There's no guarantee that all parents would read that stuff. With schools, it's easier to require teachers to learn about teaching methods, like by sending them to workshops.

Well, then they are encouragin' the kids that it is okay to have sex AFTER they introduce the condoms, method types of thing to prevent gettin' pregnant like diagram (sp ??), birth control and all that. How come the teachers don't teach about the age of 18 that the kids should wait to have sex or to save it until marriage ?

I think it is important to focus on school to complete their grades before graduate rather than droppin' out if, the kids should involved in sex. ( So much just like they would do with the drugs )

Did they set up the meetin' with the parents to decide if teachin' about sex is acceptable in the first place ? Or they just go ahead and have that class without the parents' consent ?

Forgive me for not response your post an earlier. I was pretty busy in real life. (If you want to talk me then you know where to find Me. :thumb:
Here is my answer:

GalaxyAngel said:
Yes liebling, agree you somewhat... but..
otherwise my concern about Young teenagers/young children...

Is that suitable for okay "Public school" ? Too Early Education them.. I've seen young children are not proprite behaviour about stuff

Why concern?
I believe that young children should know about sex issues before their puberty time comes

My little son spoke w/me few days ago and about other young boys who were pulled their pant down and showned their private parts and said come girls touch me.. It's cool.. blah blah..

:eek: What the boys act is not normal. It look like that it’s something do with sexual abuse in family background? That’s how the boys learn from? I would advise you to check with teacher.

((Glooming in my mind talk))~ Oh sheesh cannot believable! He asked me, Is that okay for this ? I kept postive talk as normal peep talk... w/my last son and said Is that school have education sex things? He said yes, talk about not safe and every details why is that blah blah... and showned them condoms..
I felt *grasp my hands* reason doesn't like that way.. see Infludeled young children loves curiouis any kinds stuff.. and also dirty mind talk...

What your son’s teacher did with sex education is great. Check my links over high rates that get pregnant, AID, STD, etc.

Isn't proprite way for Public school..

Why not?

I'd rather use "Junior High school" for grade 7 and 8 because prepared for seriouis education sex class room. I've seen Young Teenagers are involved "puppy love" and touch their young teenager girl's butt.. (goosebumps) I felt what they are doing.. Is that proprite teacher taught them... What if Teenagers came into trouble and careless their life changed not meet their education enough as well ?

No wonder why the children experiment their curiously and make immature way because the parents hide sex issues, nudity etc from their children…I LET my children watch sex education on TV, sex safe, nudity, why sex is not suppose for everyone, etc. My eldest son was surprised when I told him what you said here over boys who pulled their pant down & show their private parts to girls because he never see anyone like this in his life. I am very open with my children and do not feel embarrassed about discussing anything with them. That's why most children didn't giggle etc.

What Teacher did taught them enough well ??? That is my key question main concern about Junior High school.

No, it’s form of parents’ discipline, not teacher.
I trust teacher’s quality. It’s teacher’s job to educate the students in positive way.

One thing, I do not like Teacher giving away condoms to Young Teenagers (Junior High school) reason Young Teenagers will curiouis and want learn sex drive.. can be lead into sex active. How can you be sure concern about main issues ?

I prefer to have my children to learn about sex an earlier before puberty time comes because it’s safe. I think it’s too late to educate the teenagers because of their puberty time – they often doesn’t listen or laugh at us… That’s why I’m agree to have sex education for young children to learn before they become teenager.

In Ontario, Canada has law for Sex Education provide by Junior High school...
My concern is... TEACHER is okay for giving away condoms.. Is that okay for this ? Does allow them learn sex ? Give me a break..

Senior High school, be always have requires Health Class room which any kinds education for safe sex, hiv/aids, herps and blah blah name it.. Yes Do teachers giving away condoms... Do you feel agreed ? As for me.. Not really.. I'd rather not teacher giving away "Big" Teenagers. which isn't proprite.. I'd rather stick w/ Health Unit Department have seriouis major issues about sex and details.. suitable for everyone.. but not invovled school which different this place private. Whoever interested part of Health Unit Department, Professional Nurse will talk privacy w/Young women or men which it's seriouis advise.. I wish Senior High school can send students attend to Health Unit Department provide one classroom.. Quite strong education proprite ways.

Well sex education belongs to Health issues… I find it’s okay to have children to learn what condom is, birth control, etc. etc.

Yes, I do always making sure w/my children as condiser "Family meeting" once in two weeks. Espically My older son.. Of course, I do noticed what he have become...
Doesn't matter, I kept postive peep talk w/my son as general talk.. any kinds subject talk.. and he'll become seriouis talk subject.. No matter what any kinds, I do certinally open door talk w/my older son advise.. Sometimes I can see what he felt unwanted hear somewhat issues.. I kept patience w/him each another day as normal peep talk.

Don’t laugh, giggle or feel embarrassment with children when they question about sex issues but show respect on their questions and give them HONEST answer.

Not easy.. Can see.. if your teenager son/daughter may rebel you and doesn't want hear all "yellow flag" being your chatter seriouis... "Give your son/daughter a space for while couple days" until when ready talk normal not too quick seriouis talk and forced any kinds subject.. Will come worst may lead to shut you down!
Not worth.

Now you see why the teenagers doesn’t bother to listen or laugh BECAUSE they learn from their friends or whatever about sex issues… THAT’s why I am for sex education at young children before puberty time hit.

Can you care to explain me what “yellow flag” mean?

As for me, Yes I have to wait and give my older son's space sometimes concern..
Of course that okay for you being mother or Father's worry worms as long can wait little bit time until when ready talk seriouis "later".

For me, my children must know about sex issues an EARLY AGE.

By the way, Wishes you have great luck...
*Be try remember, "Just simple yellow flag about stranger and general talk" don't let deep talk about sex.. Your child will become curiouis not even aware Strange really wants to something.. will hurting your child.. Kept remind your child.. "be always stay w/group". If you're alone.. stay on sidewalk and near the neighbourhood where feel safe and to see if stranger near you.. *quick run into near your neighourhood's house ((make sure sticker Protection Neighbourhood)) you can go ahead if don't have sticker don't go.. **Depends if you see lot of toys front yard..GO FOR it and knock the door** Will come more safer for your child and call police right away..

The children were educated to not talk to strangers during kindergarten time before they goes their first school.

Develop children at early age is important.

*I must go to canteen and will be back for link in my next post :thumb:*

Sex Education stories
http://www.avert.org/sedstory.htm#stry8

Teen Pregnancy Rates in the USA
by Victor C. Strasburger, MD University of New Mexico School of Medicine

The United States has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the western world, despite the fact that our teens are not more sexually active than Swedish teens, or Canadian teens, or British teens. Why? Because we don't educate about birth control in sex education classes, we don't discuss it at home, we don't give teens good access to it, and we don't advertise it in our media. Other countries do, and they are rewarded with low rates of teen pregnancy and teen abortions. But, you say, making condoms available in school-based clinics would ‘give kids the wrong idea’. In fact, 5 recent research studies indicate that it doesn't.

Educating teenagers about contraception makes them more likely to use contraception when they begin having sex, but it doesn't lower the age at first intercourse. Why? Probably because the decision where and with whom to become sexually active is a very complicated one, rooted in family, peers, religion, the media, and individual personality factors. But the decision whether to contracept or not is a very simple one: is it available? If so, Ill use it. If not, I’m still going to have sex, but I’m not going to go out of my way to get birth control. Until Americans get over their hysteria about giving young people access to birth control, we will continue to have the highest teen pregnancy rates in the western world. It's really that simple.

Victor C. Strasburger, MD University of New Mexico School of Medicine

Fact: One million teens in the USA will become pregnant over the next twelve months. Ninety-five percent of those pregnancies are unintended. About one third will end in abortion; one third will end in spontaneous miscarriage; and one third will continue their pregnancy to term and keep their baby.

More than half of them are 17 years old or younger when they have their first pregnancy.

Approximately 40 percent of young women become pregnant before they reach 20 years old.

The United States of America has double the adolescent pregnancy and birth rates of any other industrialized country.

The poorer the young woman, the more likely she will become a mother.

Less than one-third of teens who have babies before the age of 18 finish high school.

Almost half of all teen mothers end up on welfare.

Less than 25 percent of births to teens occur within wedlock.

The birth rate for teens has been declining in recent years.
http://www.coolnurse.com/teen_pregnancy_rates.htm

Japan has lowest teen birth rate
http://www.unicef.org/pon96/inbirth.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/stats.htm

The United States has the highest reported rate of AIDS in the industrialized world. (American Association for World Health)
http://www.ripnroll.com/statspag.htm

Adolescent Sexual Health in Europe and the U.S.—Why the Difference?http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/publications/factsheet/fsest.htm

Back