Gay penguin goes straight

A

apathrev

THE animal kingdom's most famous gay couple has split up. Silo and Roy, the cohabiting penguins of Central Park Zoo, are no longer an item.

The pair rose to prominence six years ago when they came out with their same-sex relationship.
Since then, they have successfully hatched and raised an adoptive chick (after an uncertain start that involved trying to incubate a rock).

They blazed a trail for six other gay penguin couples at the zoo.

But the affair ended when Scrappy, a new female penguin, moved into the neighbourhood and caught Silo's eye.

"Silo and Roy stopped spending as much time together or building a nest," John Rowden, the zoo's head curator, told The New York Post.

Advertisement:
Silo promptly moved in with Scrappy, building a new nest with her.
Zookeepers are at a loss to explain Silo's sudden conversion.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16722427-13762,00.html

I thought you were talking about my penguins but my penguins are Swedes while your penguins are New Yorkers. Good to know that Swedes are faithful in their monogamous relationship regardless the sexes. ;) I am not even going near the NewYorker jokes to offend some NewYorker buddies (included Alex!)!! :whistle: :angel:

A German zoo has imported four female penguins from Sweden in an effort to tempt its gay penguins to go straight.
That is the headline about my penguins. Interesting, isn't it?? That the homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom!

I've never seen our story before, but quite odd and coincidental. I guess us Americans are just a bunch of uncommitted slobs, including the American Artic Wildlife. :wiggle:

Oh, don't be shy. One New Yorker joke won't hurt. :nana:

Homoexuality in wildlife really makes you think about all the arguements of people saying its not natural. Back to the drawing board, fundies. :thumb:

Homosexuality does exist in animal kingdom, I've heard of a story of gay flies, heh.

sequoias said:
Homosexuality does exist in animal kingdom, I've heard of a story of gay flies, heh.

I have no doubt there is. I've seen reports of homosexual animals for quite awhile now, particularly among dogs.

cental34 said:
I have no doubt there is. I've seen reports of homosexual animals for quite awhile now, particularly among dogs.

yeppers, not surprised there. Too bad we cannot ask animals about their gay lifestyle. They cannot talk back in words, just show unconditional love, that's about it.

-

My cat is a lesbo. xDDD

I use to have a pair of ducks and this insane rabbit I had
would go after her several times a day and her mate
would just stand there looking mind blown.

You can't tell the peguin's gender by looking. You got to test the peguin's DNA. Really!

Back