Dating Service Suggestion:

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen some new members who are seeking for a date here in Alldeaf, which they might think this is a dating service, Should we inform the visitors that AllDeaf isn't a dating service? I listed some post examples list below that I've seen in relationship forum.

Hey. Im looking to chat with bi or gay guys. Anyone around wanna chat? My AIM is captainl0ver (zero in lover, not 'o')

I'm bisexual, hi.
My aim is cutebihivguy. Nice to meet u.

I'm single and hearing, learning to sign thru college classes. Im from virginia, im interested in finding someone

I wanted to make an suggestion of course It's up to you Alex and the moderators, Would it been alot easlier if this rule were added to the basic ground rules here in AllDeaf, so that the visitors would be aware of this isn't a dating service before registering or becoming a new member of AllDeaf, so that we don't have to kept on reminding them that this isn't a dating service when they do post in the relationship forum. Thank you for having the time to read this. ;)

:stupid: Oops! wrong sign. :gpost:

Suddenly there are several people posting, looking for relationships on a forum that is not intended for that. I shouldn't even have to bring up the dangers and trust issues this poses to those who post their personal information publicly or even the new gate this opens for scammers who come on here looking for victims. I think a statement or rule might be necessary to let people know this is All Deaf, not All Dating.

Cheri, I hear you but love can happen anywhere.

Didn't you meet your beloved one here?

I know AD is not designed as a dating site but love can take anyplace.

I met my beloved and awesome man on a nondating site online so I embrace anyone wanting love anywhere. Smile.

I see what you're saying Meg, but I think the problem is people coming here looking for love. It is something that scammers look for when coming onto sites like this. Someone vulnerable and looking for a relationship.

cental34 said:
I see what you're saying Meg, but I think the problem is people coming here looking for love. It is something that scammers look for when coming onto sites like this. Someone vulnerable and looking for a relationship.
true i agree with u and cheri...

Amen cental34 ;) That's exactly what I'm saying.

Scammers go everywhere whether is AD or not. Scammers go to dating sites too. They even haunt our local places.

I hear you, Cental, but there are many sincere people out there and on AD too, looking for love.

Cheri, you met your bf here so you know that love can happen anywhere.

The point I'm simply making is that you can't judge anyone. Just because one is more forward than others doesn't mean its wrong or scamming.

Let them be themselves....we ll find out sooner or later.

Meg said:
Cheri, you met your bf here so you know that love can happen anywhere..

Yes; I've met my boyfriend on here, But it didn't happen when I became a new member of this forum. I been a member since 2003, And it happen out of this forum too. AllDeaf is all about sharing idea, opinions, and feedback's not a dating service. I've seen new members would post at least one or two just to seek for a female or male and never post again, and thinking this really is a dating service. They are not aware that this forum is not a dating service. I believe. ;)

Meg, what Cheri is trying to say is recently people are coming here with the intention of only using AD for finding someone to have a relationship with. That is not what AD is here for. This isn't a free dating service. If you come here and find love, thats great. Best of luck to you. But coming here with the sole intention of looking for a lover is foolish.

I'm not arguing or objecting, smile. In fact, I'm just asking to have ya'all have open minds.

Most find it hard to find love so would do anyhting even signing up in order to advertise for love as you mentioned.

Simply make no fuss and let these be.

wow good suggestion thread here.

Check this link what Alex created a thread to remind you all that his forum is not Dating Service

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=12366&page=1&pp=20

cental34
Meg, what Cheri is trying to say is recently people are coming here with the intention of only using AD for finding someone to have a relationship with. That is not what AD is here for. This isn't a free dating service. If you come here and find love, thats great. Best of luck to you. But coming here with the sole intention of looking for a lover is foolish.

:werd:

I has to admit that it disburb me bit when I see some of new members doesn´t bother to introduce themselves for want to know us better but looking for partner.

It look like that some people thought forums mean is "dating service". *sigh* I remember that I once welcome new members who seeking a partner. After that, they (few) members PMed me straight way and ask me where I come from bah bah bah after saw my friendly post to welcome them. That´s why I doesnt bother to welcome them in Introduce section when I see they look for a date because I don´t want to get them wrong head when I post in their thread.

I agree with Cheri and similar responses. I do think some members just come on to advertise then never come back, because they think it's a dating service. It's a waste of space and posts. It's almost like spam in a dating way. Normally, we come in and chat and get to know each other and find love/friendship with each other, that's how forums are in a typical way.

Liebling:-))) said:
I has to admit that it disburb me bit when I see some of new members doesn´t bother to introduce themselves for want to know us better but looking for partner. they (few) members PMed me straight way and ask me where I come from bah bah bah

:werd: That happened to me a few times too, I just ignored the private message or delete them because I don't know who those people are, nor have seen them around in AllDeaf. It's like who are you? LOL!

Thanks everyone for your opinions/feedback's here, Really it's all up to Alex and the moderators either way whatever choice they make, It's fine with me ;)

Yeah, I do noticed that they only come in AD to seek for a date then leave and never come back again but if there were too many threads in the " Relationship " forum about seeking a date, then I'm sure Alex and the moderators will do something about it, but I only see a few threads that were made by those who haven't been posting lately....so I let them be....

Sure people can find LOVE anywhere but when it comes to those who just post once or twice, that something that need to be looked into and to remind them that AD is not a dating forum.....but for those who are active members that are still posting in AD, I don't have a problem with them seeking LOVE in here....

It would be best if they were still posting in AD, then it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place...

Last edited:
Back