My Two Thousandth Post

Levonian

Reaction score
Number 2000—what can I say… I just want to thank my mother, my father, Mr. DeMille and the Academy… No—time to stop clowning around. In keeping with the tradition that I started a few months ago, I’m going to dedicate this post to my beautiful wife Denni, and to all of the regular members of alldeaf who have made us their friends and confidants (even you, ravensteve—if you’re listening ;)).

To all of our friends at alldeaf.com:

You guys rock. :thumb: Our online community is truly a unique one. We celebrate every little triumph we make, no matter how insignificant it may be. I can’t think of any other community, online or otherwise, in which a member can proudly announce the purchase of brand new hot pink ear molds and have it received with such fanfare. :applause: Likewise, I have never seen a community so strongly support one of it’s members following an event so insignificant as the death of a pet hamster. :tears: :hug: Many of us have gone to considerable lengths to travel and meet each other, and for good reason—our community has a bond which transcends the usual superficial boundaries which tend to fragment groups and isolate it’s members. Almost everybody is welcome here. We may have petty squabbles over issues such as cochlear implants for children, but when all is said and done, we are a united community that ignores individual differences amongst it’s population. For this reason, we have a unique characteristic which is not shared by other strangers who meet on the Internet. That characteristic is the fact that we will all continue to be friends for a long, long time. And as friends go, I don’t think we could have asked for better ones.

To my wife Denni:

Pretty soon we’ll be celebrating our first wedding anniversary. It’s been a hell of a year. With all of the belt tightening we’ve had to do to pay for the wedding, and with all of the pressures that other people are putting on us right now, it hasn’t been easy. And I could have avoided all of these financial headaches and time demands by simply staying single. Life would have been a lot easier for us right now if we hadn’t taken our vows in front of God and Elvis last October. But if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t change anything (except maybe my choice of chapels—I swear I didn’t know that it was in the lobby of the Howard Johnson’s—the web page didn’t mention anything about that). Marriage is sometimes viewed as being nothing more than a financial contract, and while it is true that marriage is designed to ensure the financial security of our nation’s children, it is also a commitment which goes far beyond the practical mechanics of everyday business. It is a commitment to each other’s well being, and to the well being of our children—be it financial, spiritual, or emotional. The bond of marriage dictates that half of me exists solely for you, and that half you exists solely for me. The almost magical end result of this is that our whole will always exceed the sum of it’s parts. Nothing on this Earth is worth more than that unity, and nothing short of physical death can destroy it. Our bond is forever, and I couldn’t have asked for a better person to share that bond with. :kiss:

oy, you sound like you are winning an award on national television. :giggle:

congratuation anyway.. I still have long way to go to become 2000th post, or even 1000th post.. :giggle: :smoking:

Congrats on ur 2,000th post milestone and good luck with the 3000th post. :)

Way 2 go

Congrats on 2K. If you keep up the pace, you will have 3k (triple post whore??) by next summer. The 'dramatic' one is gone for now, so we can post in peace.

Congrats' abt your 2,000th posts! woohoo!!!! keep it up more and more posts :D

TOF

would you like me to paste a gold star on your forehead?

:applause: WTG Levonian for making ur 2,000th post and ur post to Denni is absolutely beautiful! :thumb:

looking forward to many more of ur posts!

I am truly touched—bbnt came out of hiding just make a sarcastic comment in my dedication thread. I feel honored. :aw: :tears: Is it just me, or does it seem like too much of a coincidence that bbnt makes his grand reentry the day after ravensteve is banned? :lol:

BTW, Mayflower wants you to paste the gold star somewhere other than my forehead. :naughty:

racheleggert said:
CONGRATS~ I will bring 2,000 bananas for you!!
what? from Donkey Kong Land? *gasp* you are an ally of King K. Koll, aren't you? don't let him kick your ass for this! lmao

(if you dont know what I'm talking about...you'll be familiar with playing Donkey Kong country on super nintendo and Donkey Kong 64 on Nintendo 64...lol)

:applause: :applause: Hey Levonian, way to go, congratulations on making your 2,000th post!!!! Lev, we are also very lucky to have you as our friend here on Alldeaf. This is one of the best forums I have ever been on with all of us pulling together and helping to make this forum successful. Your postings have been wonderful, informative and so funny. Keep posting and have fun doing it.

What a beautiful tribute to Denni, and Happy Anniversary to both of you. No matter what sacrifices you both have to make, you know you both will be making those sacrifices for each other. That is why you both have made your first year of marriage so successful. With each sacrifice you both make for each other, comes a lot of love with it. Best of luck to you both and God Bless.

:ily:

Levonian said:
I am truly touched—bbnt came out of hiding just make a sarcastic comment in my dedication thread. I feel honored. :aw: :tears: Is it just me, or does it seem like too much of a coincidence that bbnt makes his grand reentry the day after ravensteve is banned? :lol:

BTW, Mayflower wants you to paste the gold star somewhere other than my forehead. :naughty:

I posted on the 9th

Great dedication Levonian and well versed too!! Somehow I must have slipped on a banana peel and missed this thread in your honor of reaching the 2,000th post milestone! Anyhow, congrats....!!

*doing my part--making this thread 'sticky' for the time being* ;)

Keep monkeyin' about for another grand and enjoying your stay here in AD!!

congrats lev on posting 2k posts and we shall have banana champage ;) have fun surfin thru this site.

*hands 2,000 bushels of bananas* Let's see if you can reach 5000 bushels of bananas lol

Back