Grocery Shopping?

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
How often do you go grocery shopping? Once a week? Every other week? Once a month? And what store do you usual shop at?

Those who lives with Parents still, How often does your parents go grocery shopping and what store?

I go grocery shopping every other week, at Giant Eagle, nor Tops Friendly Supermarket. If I am going out of town for two-months I would give a sitter money for groceries. :)

Me and my roommate buy groceries every 2 weeks, we go shopping at Winco foods most of the time since it's pretty cheap, once in a while at Grocery Outlet. A fact: Winco stands for Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California and Oregon, that's what Winco stands for. ;)

Last edited:
if go kroger or super wm get groceries for 2 and half wks but if go SAM'S it will last me longer a month n half i like SAM'S lucky has membership for this SAM'S ;)

I go grocery store once a week. sometimes two times a week to get milk if we run out of it.

I go to grocery stores every Saturday mornings.

Depend if milk are running out then stop at store after work to get milk.

Usually my bf or both of us go to the Asian Marketplace or one of two other Asian stores on weekends to shop for food. We also go to a discount supermarket to get cheap vegetables and fruits, as well as to Super Walmart to get yogurt and fruit juices. My bf also grows some herbs and onions in the side garden, so we have fresh mint, celery leaves, chives, etc... for our meals. The family often gets together for meals, so sometimes my bf's mum cook, sometime my bf's sister in law cook, etc...

My parents has a bigger garden and will grow a lot of stuff including cucumbers, tomatoes, watermelons, canteloupes, lima beans, green peppers, jalepeno peppers, cilantro, basil, parsley, and a few more. It's so nice to save money that way and to have really fresh veggies from the backyard.

Liebling:-))) said:
I go to grocery stores every Saturday mornings.

Depend if milk are running out then stop at store after work to get milk.

Forget to add Flea markets.

I always bought fruits and vegetables cheaply when the flea markets are there. We have flea markets EVERY week in different areas.

kuifje75 said:
My parents has a bigger garden and will grow a lot of stuff including cucumbers, tomatoes, watermelons, canteloupes, lima beans, green peppers, jalepeno peppers, cilantro, basil, parsley, and a few more. It's so nice to save money that way and to have really fresh veggies from the backyard.

True, we have some vegetables, fruits and herbs at our garden. Make vegetables, berries, etc on your own garden are taste better.

Zucchini
Clive
parsley
tomatoes
1 pear tree
3 apple trees (my hubby breed 2 from one apple tree)...
1 yellow plum tree
1 elderberry bush
stawberries
raspberries
6 red and black currants bushes
1 cherry tree (my hubby breed our 4 years old damage cherry tree to new one last year. It seem work well). Cherry tree is very senstive to take care of.

We will replace blueberries bushes this year. Our blueberries bushes was damaged by builders who extend our house in 2000. :ugh:

I do not need to seed/plant more because we and our friends swap the vegetabales/berries with cucumbers, peppers, red/white onions, etc.

We use those vegetables, berries and herbs for making jams, jellies, cakes, pies, vegetables to eat, etc. etc. etc.

I do groceries shopping every two weeks, but if I have something out then I will have to buy it before cook. I always check twice to make sure what I have or not. I also always write down in list what I need to buy instead of just buy it and I don't need it. Thats waste!

cool,,,,I am starting my first garden this year... so far so good. I do swap plants with my neighbor.

she gave me watermelon and blackberries. she will give me her kiwi mini tree

Right now, my garden has

red corn
sweet corn
cucumber
jack o latern pumpkin
miniature pumpkin
ghost pumpkin
gourds
cantelope
strawberries (hybrid and wild)
blueberry bush
lima beans
green beans
peas
yellow tomatoes
roma, cherry, and whole red tomatoes
avocado trees (three)
red potatoes
chili peppers
green/red/yellow peppers
carrots
broccoli
lettuce
herbs and catnip for my cat

I think that's all.. i know it is a lot!!! :roll: saves money!

Damn I evny you..... I used to be garden veggies and fruits in my past where i used lived in the farmhouse...
Right now, I'm living small town..

Usually I goes to food shopping every friday due my kids are HEAVY GLOBBER foods.
We'll going to Costco or Sam's next month.. take whole lotsa foods.. *hate food shopping almost every friday* (sigh) That why, I don't have my own gardening.. :(

Cannot wait perfect country house.. Still no luck out there.. *waiting someone who sell their country home*

I dont buy foods as much as I would like but when I need to, the Super Wally World is only a few miles away from my new home so I can grab some foods now and then.

My roomie's a Health food lover so she oftentimes shop at the Earth Fare Natural Foods store across the street from the Super Wally World.

me go superwalmart every 2 weeks depend if my mom forget something go there.. soemtime i need stuff i go.. it depend on..

I go shopping once a week or every 2 weeks for my husband and I. But I often stop at dollar tree or dollar general to get things for school. But last day for students is tmw, and my last day for teachers is Friday. I can't wait!

I used to ride my bike down to the Stop and shop when I was in school and picked stuff up...didn't really need to do intensive shopping since I had a meal plan....it was just to get snack food and stuff like that.

when i live on my own... every 2 weeks... mostly super walmart than other food stores. *shrugs*

I go to Safeway or Kta or Sack N Save or Fresh Food Market or Malama or PCC to buy food every 2 weeeks.

Back