Boys arrested just because they drew stick figure drawings??

T

Toonces

I can't believe it. Read this:

Boys arrested for stick figure drawings

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 Posted: 7:29 AM EST (1229 GMT)

OCALA, Florida (AP) -- Two boys were arrested for making pencil-and-crayon stick figure drawings depicting a 10-year-old classmate being stabbed and hung, police said. The children, charged with a felony, were taken from school in handcuffs.

The 9- and 10-year-old boys were arrested Monday and charged with making a written threat to kill or harm another person. They were also suspended from school.

One drawing showed the two boys standing on either side of the other boy and "holding knives pointed through" his body, according to a police report. The figures were identified by written names or initials.

Another drawing showed a stick figure hanging, tears falling from his eyes, with two other stick figures standing below him. Other pieces of scrap paper listed misspelled profanities and the initials of the boy who was allegedly threatened.

The boys' parents said they thought the children should be punished by the school and families, not the legal system.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/01/26/drawings.arrests.ap/index.html

--------------------------------------

Wow, that is harsh....and just because of those drawings? :confused:

Personally, I think what the boys really need is go see the therapist, not get arrested and taken away in handicuffs!

Jeez... this reminds me of the time when a couple of boys were suspended from elementary school for playing "cops & robbers" with fingers gestured as guns. :roll:

VamPyroX said:
Jeez... this reminds me of the time when a couple of boys were suspended from elementary school for playing "cops & robbers" with fingers gestured as guns. :roll:

BOYS WILL BE BOYS... :( No offense!!! how sad the law has changed since my time around 70's...

I like taylor to explain this,,,I know florida i live here now...Police corruption is all over the state of florida. Police will write you up a ticket even you said you werent aware you were over the speed limit or you didnt know you had your brights on. Even cops will bust you for drawing in florida,,Cops would even bust you if you cough up a piece of gum in your mouth and arrest you for spitting on a sidewalk. I belive the local county council politicans are compared to hitlers nazi german staff and the sheriffs dept are compared to nazi soldier guards. Here in st lucie county its compared like living in stalag 17.

no more hangman game in class?

hangman.jpg

Heres what you would see in state of florida residental areas.
timeintro_krakow.jpg

I need to see your ID.
holocaust06.jpg

Sheriffs Dept
Alfred_Rosenberg.jpg

Meet your local Sheriff
Ghetto25.jpg

Well Im gonna write you up because your bike parked in a fire lane.
Nazi.jpg

Council come to order!

ravensteve1961 said:
I like taylor to explain this,,,I know florida i live here now...Police corruption is all over the state of florida. Police will write you up a ticket even you said you werent aware you were over the speed limit or you didnt know you had your brights on. Even cops will bust you for drawing in florida,,Cops would even bust you if you cough up a piece of gum in your mouth and arrest you for spitting on a sidewalk. I belive the local county council politicans are compared to hitlers nazi german staff and the sheriffs dept are compared to nazi soldier guards. Here in st lucie county its compared like living in stalag 17.
Gee... that's weird? I've been to Florida and I've never seen anyone more friendly than the cops over there. :roll:

Secondly, should we really be blaming the cops? We should be blaming the people who reported the kids to the cops.

Yes, The law has changed, After several school shootings, They want to take things serious before it happened. What those boys did was drawing someone in his class being stabbed and hang which that is wrong. That is like threaten a student. But I think being arrested was kinda too much, They should have gotten suspended. And I agree with the boy's parent that they should be punished by the school and families not the legal system. I thought you can only get arrested if you carry weapons to school not drawing in school, kinda strange being arrested over a drawing. :eek:

They should had a teacher-parents meeting, and a couple days of detentions, nothing more.

Arresting them was pretty stupid.

Ravensteve said:
I like taylor to explain this

Thanks VamPyroX for copy and paste the quote I couldn't help but wanted to answer to Ravensteve's post... First of all Ravensteve, Why everytime you have a problem with cops in your hometown, You tell Taylor I want you to answer this? Taylor is not a cop in your hometown and I think you should leave him alone and stop being a Police hater.

Well cheri that pig cost me over $115 in fines and go to traffic school just to keep points off my licence. I told him i didnt know my brights were even on,,,,he looked at my licence and said,,,Steve thats your name isnt ? i said yes.. YOU SEE ,,A professional cop you say ""SIR"" to a private citenzen. You dont call them by your first name..Then he said,,,Youre wearing a hearing aid ? I said yeah... I feel offended by that whats got to do with being pulled over?? I said officer i didnt really know my brights were on,,He said yeah,, sign this,,, I sign it,, and he said you have 3 choices.One you can ether pay the fine, Two Go to traffic school 3 or go to court,.. I said well i didnt know my brights were on,,He said well i dont belive you,,,Maybe the judge will belive you...
YOU SEE!!!Thats unprofessional!! Sheriffs dept are corrupted i went to the supervisor ask for the sheriff they told me hes very busy is there anything i can help you with?? I said the deputy there was very impolite called me by my first name commenting about my hearing aid and i feel he should have gave me a warning instead fining me for a ticket that i didnt know i have my brights on. The Supervisor said why dont you just go to court and fight this if you think hes wrong? He said ill tell you what give me you phone number and what we can work out with. I waited 2-3 weeks and they didnt call me. Besides i wont go to court because i know judges always go in favor of the deputy cause thats what a cab driver once told me that judges will always go in favor of the officer because its their job and you cant win in traffic court unless you really have a good excuse and a very good reason why you volated the law. Well i went to the sheriffs mother who owns a bolling alley and went to her to ask her son come visit me to my house because i have a problem with his deputy. She said ,,Well mr,,I cant tell my son how to run his dept youll have too tell him yourself,,I said I tried but the supervisor wont let me talk to him ..She said,,Well i cant help you there,, Then i contacted Rodney Black who was running for sheriff and he called me and wanted me discuss the problem with sheriff deputy. I discussed the problem and re replied saying im very sorry that happend to you,,,This is the problem with law enforcement corruption in the state of florida. A lot of counties have corruption with the sheriff dept,,, Sir,,If i win i want you come to my office just after i sworn in and tell me what deputy did this to you and i tell take care of it for you.. And he said you have to promise me spread the message out so i can win.. So i went out with a sign and hold it up at the highway like a protester and it says,,, """"" ARE THE DEPUTIES TREATING YOU WITH RESPECT? In the Back it says """ VOTE FOR RODNEY BLACK FOR SHERIFF And i called channel 5 just in case a deputy tried to make me put down that sign cause channel 5 reporter was gonna put this on the news and make sheriff Mascara look like adolph hitler. And then the voters will realize hes another dictator the corruption abuse of power in law enforcement. Deputies didnt do anything because they saw channel 5 trucks.. You know why they wont make me put it down cause the liberal media supports the 1st admendment and make cops really look bad. Ask taylor how reporters make cops look bad. And cops dont like the media on their tails. Like they arrested mike wallece for a parking volation..The only reason why the arrested him because he did a story that pissed off the F.O.P union. so they get even.

Oh no, my dear!!!

The boys' parents said they thought the children should be punished by the school and families, not the legal system.

Yes, I second that. What the boy did is not belong crime of violence. Boy should go to therapy to respect himself instead stamp him in criminal record.

Personally, I think what the boys really need is go see the therapist, not get arrested and taken away in handicuffs
Agreed 100%

Those situation reminds me of a 11 years old Swiss-US boy's condition. We cant understand why 11 years old boy was handcuffed because he helped his 5 years old sister for go to bathroom, not sexual abuse what the neighbor claimed. It's hard for 11 years old to face English social services, court etc because German is his own first language. That scandal shock Europe and fought to get him out of jail in America and go back Switerzland.

It got Europeans wondering what would US law consider when the children play harmless "doctor" games. Is it as crime of violence or what?

http://www.worldlymind.org/swissboy.htm

Good Grief, the school did not have to call the cops like they did this to another boy who cause trouble on a school bus, here 's another one....I think the school is going a bit overboard on how to punish children without having to call the cops...

They could have suspend the boys from school or could have called in the parents and discuss what they could do from happening again, but there's no reason to arrest those children just cause of what they drew, I can understand where the school is coming from on this but still, it's a bit harsh!..

Like this member said above, boys will be boys!

ravensteve1961 said:
Well cheri that pig cost me over $115 in fines and go to traffic school just to keep points off my licence. I told him i didnt know my brights were even on,,,,he looked at my licence and said,,,Steve thats your name isnt ? i said yes.. YOU SEE ,,A professional cop you say ""SIR"" to a private citenzen. You dont call them by your first name..Then he said,,,Youre wearing a hearing aid ? I said yeah... I feel offended by that whats got to do with being pulled over?? I said officer i didnt really know my brights were on,,He said yeah,, sign this,,, I sign it,, and he said you have 3 choices.One you can ether pay the fine, Two Go to traffic school 3 or go to court,.. I said well i didnt know my brights were on,,He said well i dont belive you,,,Maybe the judge will belive you...

I don't understand why you making a big fuss over the police calling you by your first name not calling you "sir"? No police have ever called me ma'am when they pulled me over, They used asked me for my ID. I don't see why you had to be offended because he asked if you are wearing your hearing aids. Maybe he is aware you are deaf, so he can communicate with you better. And Yes It is your responsible to know if you have your bright lights on, It can kill another driver. My friend who was involved in a car accident that someone had their bright lights on and he couldn't see the roads he ran into the tree and is on wheelchair for life. This guy who was had his bright lights on had no idea it was on he still had to pay for all of my friend's medical bills that he was involved in the accident , also received pain and suffering and damaged to his vehicle.

YOU SEE!!!Thats unprofessional!!

I don't see it as unprofessional, I think you are taking it way too personal. If you are a driver you are responsible for your own vehicle, If you break the traffic laws you will get a ticket. that's the way the system works.

The Supervisor said why dont you just go to court and fight this if you think hes wrong? He said ill tell you what give me you phone number and what we can work out with. I waited 2-3 weeks and they didnt call me. Besides i wont go to court because i know judges always go in favor of the deputy cause thats what a cab driver once told me that judges will always go in favor of the officer because its their job and you cant win in traffic court unless you really have a good excuse and a very good reason why you volated the law.

No that is not true the Judge does not favor the police over you unless you have evidence that you did not know that the bright lights were on. Like it wasn't working. But if you have no evidence the Judge will slide with the police.

Sir,,If i win i want you come to my office just after i sworn in and tell me what deputy did this to you and i tell take care of it for you..

You think he was serious? I think he was making fun of you because you acting like a baby. If a cop said that to me I will know that I am looking like a fool. I have never heard someone would say " Oh vote for me then I'll help you" LOL!

Toonces, I apology for going :topic:

ravensteve1961 said:
YOU SEE!!!Thats unprofessional!! Sheriffs dept are corrupted i went to the supervisor ask for the sheriff they told me hes very busy is there anything i can help you with?? I said the deputy there was very impolite called me by my first name commenting about my hearing aid and i feel he should have gave me a warning instead fining me for a ticket that i didnt know i have my brights on. The Supervisor said why dont you just go to court and fight this if you think hes wrong? He said ill tell you what give me you phone number and what we can work out with. I waited 2-3 weeks and they didnt call me. Besides i wont go to court because i know judges always go in favor of the deputy cause thats what a cab driver once told me that judges will always go in favor of the officer because its their job and you cant win in traffic court unless you really have a good excuse and a very good reason why you volated the law. Well i went to the sheriffs mother who owns a bolling alley and went to her to ask her son come visit me to my house because i have a problem with his deputy. She said ,,Well mr,,I cant tell my son how to run his dept youll have too tell him yourself,,I said I tried but the supervisor wont let me talk to him ..She said,,Well i cant help you there,, Then i contacted Rodney Black who was running for sheriff and he called me and wanted me discuss the problem with sheriff deputy. I discussed the problem and re replied saying im very sorry that happend to you,,,This is the problem with law enforcement corruption in the state of florida. A lot of counties have corruption with the sheriff dept,,, Sir,,If i win i want you come to my office just after i sworn in and tell me what deputy did this to you and i tell take care of it for you.. And he said you have to promise me spread the message out so i can win.. So i went out with a sign and hold it up at the highway like a protester and it says,,, """"" ARE THE DEPUTIES TREATING YOU WITH RESPECT? In the Back it says """ VOTE FOR RODNEY BLACK FOR SHERIFF And i called channel 5 just in case a deputy tried to make me put down that sign cause channel 5 reporter was gonna put this on the news and make sheriff Mascara look like adolph hitler. And then the voters will realize hes another dictator the corruption abuse of power in law enforcement. Deputies didnt do anything because they saw channel 5 trucks.. You know why they wont make me put it down cause the liberal media supports the 1st admendment and make cops really look bad. Ask taylor how reporters make cops look bad. And cops dont like the media on their tails. Like they arrested mike wallece for a parking volation..The only reason why the arrested him because he did a story that pissed off the F.O.P union. so they get even.
Maybe, the cop had a bad day. I've had my share of cops on a bad day. I've also had my share of cops on a wonderful day.

Banjo said:
They should had a teacher-parents meeting, and a couple days of detentions, nothing more.

Arresting them was pretty stupid.

yea i was thinking the same when i read the article! *smh*

Back