AllDeaf.com
Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Deaf Interests > Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implants
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Unread 01-18-2005, 06:22 PM   #1
Nancy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Hearing Aid "Jewelry"

I just thought this was kind of interesting. Would like a trial for my own BTE if I could. -- Nancy

From URL: http://www.healthyhearing.com/askexp...229&catid=1043

Hearing Aid “Jewelry”
1/17/2005
Carolyn Jaret, M.S., CCC-A

My hearing loss group wants information about decorative “jewelry” for BTE hearing aids and decorative covers. If you have any information it would be appreciated.

''Simply Earresistibles'' is a line of behind-the-ear haring aid covers, that turn ordinary behind-the-ear hearing aids into ''works of art.'' Many of the designs were originally conceived for use by children, but quite a few have been designed for adults, including a variety of styles with rhinestones on them. ''Simply Earresistibles'' are affordably priced, so that an individual can have different pieces to match different outfits. For more information, or to place an order, please call Carolyn Jaret toll-free (877) 856-0234.

Carolyn Jaret, MS, CCC-A has been an audiologist in her own private practice, El Dorado Audiology in Tucson, Arizona, for 8 1/2 years. In an effort to make behind-the-ear hearing aids more ''socially acceptable'', she began ''Simply Earresistibles'', a line of decorative behind-the-ear hearing aid covers, that turn behind-the-ear hearing aids into jewelry. An additional aspect of her business is ''The Organized Audiologist'', which carries the ''Hearing Aid Cable Organizer'' — a product developed to prevent audiologists from being ''tied up in knots when they program hearing aids.''
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-22-2005, 07:47 PM   #2
deafdyke

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to deafdyke
I wish there was a website to see the aid covers. It's hard to get an idear of what they look like without some descriptors. There is that earwear site....DAYM I want the leopard print ones that they sell there !!!! One thing that I do to decorate my aids, is that I found some cool beaded beads (a bead made up of tiny little beads) that go right on the tubing of my hearing aids. I also have little charms that go on the earhook of my aid. (I have a little jewrey ciricle thing that I clip the charms to....looks VERY cool!) You can get cool clip on charms at Claire's.
I gotta say that this post is yet another reason why I encourage parents of dhh kids to also involve their kids in Deaf culture.....I mean HOW many times can you read about the latest hearing aids/ALDs/ and how to read an audiogram before it gets really boring? No wonder so many raised oral-only kids get recruited by our camp!!!!!
deafdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #3
jewels10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did anyone ever look into this?
jewels10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:43 PM   #4
Sunshine1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well that was two years old thread!!! I wasn't here back then. Anyway I just click the link and it says "The page cannot be found" ... what's up with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels10 View Post
Did anyone ever look into this?

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
My nephew/godson ~CM Punk~

~~~~~~~~Dancer~~~~~~~~:
Sunshine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #5
Bebonang

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
It is an old thread back in 2005, so whoever put it want to get some feedback about the jewelry for the behind the hearing aid. For me I would love to have some color on the behind the ear hearing aid like blue.
Bebonang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #6
jewels10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know of a site - but it isn't the one that is in that link..so I was wondering if there was another company with other products..

I will get the address and post it..
Unread 12-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #7
Angel
♥"Concrete Angel"♥

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did click the link and it says " The page can not be found "
Unread 12-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #8
darkangel8603

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to darkangel8603
can't go to link, whats up with that. ;-)
darkangel8603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #9
Bebonang

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Both Nancy and deafdyke are out of date and look at the top left corner of the thread that the year was 2005. That is why there is no link on the website for the jewelry. Someone want to put it there for a reason and also there is another thread that was out of date, too. I don't know if it is a prank or just want to see if you are interest in the topic of the jewelry. and
Bebonang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #10
horselover61

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yep it was out of date. Someone need to update on that one.
horselover61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #11
jewels10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was wondering about that becauseI am a jewellery artist and I have made some hearing aid jewellery for myself. I have done some selling online - not much and I don't market it, so it's been word of mouth - but I did wonder about this product that is mentioned in the post above. I was wondering what else is out there. I have seen some pieces - there were some really soft rubbery things that were made in Germany - I saw them back in the 90's - but they were really cheap and broke very easily - they were little animals and things - sent to me by one of the HA manufacturers who were looking at what I was making - though no one ever did end up actually helping me out with this project, so it remains my own private little art project.

I was surprised to see this link here - but I am wanting to be respectful of the social culture of the site here and not use it to try to sell anything - that dosen't seem right. But I did wonder if anyone actually saw what they are selling?
Unread 12-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #12
cdmeggers

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
eh I'm happy with putting nail decor stickers onto my BTE. Right now I have 3 smiley faces on my BTE.
Unread 12-14-2007, 01:43 AM   #13
deafdyke

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Meggers, have you tried putting those sparkly rhinestone thingys?
Unread 12-15-2007, 12:20 AM   #14
cdmeggers

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
I haven't found any small enough, and I'm too lazy to clip any. I'm happy with the nail stickers though.
Unread 12-15-2007, 05:14 AM   #15
Brian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Carolyn Jaret (featured in the article Nancy posted about) has a website: The Organized Audiologist.

But, I am not sure if the website is currently servicing, but I would advise you to call the toll-free number listed on the website (you would probably need to contact them through the relay services).
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2007, 10:22 PM   #16
jewels10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks so much for the link Brian. It actually looks like she is selling my pieces! (the website says she is distributing Earwear - which I have the trademark for) - so I guess that those must be mine!) My company is called Earwear, and I did sell quite a bit to an audiologist about 5 years ago!! I thought she was doing something different, but she isn't.

I started a blog a few weeks ago cause I did up some new designs and I really should make more of an effort.

EARWEAR

EarWear fashion hearing aid accessories - Wear it with pride!

click on pics for close-up. The one on the left is made of pewter - it's a cat with a blue bow - and the tail swings! On the right is a banana - and I made a T-shirt that says "I can't hear you, I have a banana in my ear" from the old Sesame Street joke.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cat_on_ear_small.jpg (5.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg earwearbubbles.jpg (13.8 KB, 30 views)
Unread 12-15-2007, 10:54 PM   #17
vallee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to vallee
Thank you for posting the earwear site. Very cute. It had a link to another site that I found so interesting - the Nth degree.

The Nth Degree

I really enjoyed the info and sayings. Under writing is a page called It's a Human Thing. Interesting web site.
vallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #18
jewels10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vallee - did you see the T-shirts? They are so funny! And I got a button for my hearing ear guide dog that says "Meet me after work for some heavy petting" Really funny - though not big enough - people are always trying to pet him! It really is a great site!

Is there a forum here to share interesting sites?
Unread 12-17-2007, 09:02 PM   #19
vallee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to vallee
Quote:
Vallee - did you see the T-shirts? They are so funny! And I got a button for my hearing ear guide dog that says "Meet me after work for some heavy petting" Really funny - though not big enough - people are always trying to pet him! It really is a great site!

Is there a forum here to share interesting sites?
I love it too. I wanted too many of the shirts as well. We have to check for a that part of the forum.
vallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #20
Boult

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
I just thought this was kind of interesting. Would like a trial for my own BTE if I could. -- Nancy

From URL: http://www.healthyhearing.com/askexp...229&catid=1043

Hearing Aid “Jewelry”
1/17/2005
Carolyn Jaret, M.S., CCC-A

My hearing loss group wants information about decorative “jewelry” for BTE hearing aids and decorative covers. If you have any information it would be appreciated.

''Simply Earresistibles'' is a line of behind-the-ear haring aid covers, that turn ordinary behind-the-ear hearing aids into ''works of art.'' Many of the designs were originally conceived for use by children, but quite a few have been designed for adults, including a variety of styles with rhinestones on them. ''Simply Earresistibles'' are affordably priced, so that an individual can have different pieces to match different outfits. For more information, or to place an order, please call Carolyn Jaret toll-free (877) 856-0234.

Carolyn Jaret, MS, CCC-A has been an audiologist in her own private practice, El Dorado Audiology in Tucson, Arizona, for 8 1/2 years. In an effort to make behind-the-ear hearing aids more ''socially acceptable'', she began ''Simply Earresistibles'', a line of decorative behind-the-ear hearing aid covers, that turn behind-the-ear hearing aids into jewelry. An additional aspect of her business is ''The Organized Audiologist'', which carries the ''Hearing Aid Cable Organizer'' — a product developed to prevent audiologists from being ''tied up in knots when they program hearing aids.''
It is now at;
Ask-The-Experts About Hearing Aids: Hearing Aid “Jewelry”

and also
Audiology Online: hearing aid “jewelry”
Quote:
I find that when I'm channel surfing, Fox News is like that carton of milk way past its expiration date, taunting you from the back of the refrigerator. You KNOW it's gonna smell, but still you open it up and take a whiff. by: bc68251 on February 21, 2006
Boult is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #21
jewels10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for this Boult. I see she is still claiming it was her concept and her designs. I spent $80,000 developing Earwear in 1992 and it just toddles along making about $1200 a year. I will never get my investment back but I continue to sell them cause it is a good thing to do.

She is taking the credit for it all - just because she bought much of my inventory about 5 years ago. I have sent a question in at that site to see if she has actually spent any of her own money to develop something that is actually hers and not mine. If she is still selling my pieces and calling them hers - then I will have to get my lawyer after her - again. She has been warned once already. She is already making money from our community. Ripping off someone who is hard of hearing is just pushing it!

I am going to forward that to my lawyer.
Unread 02-01-2008, 11:17 PM   #22
morbid-mongoose

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
I started a blog a few weeks ago cause I did up some new designs and I really should make more of an effort.

EARWEAR

EarWear fashion hearing aid accessories - Wear it with pride!
Sweet, I think I'm gonna get some.
morbid-mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #23
pearlgirl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jewelry still available?

Hi all,

I have been looking for HA jewelry for some time and tried to contact the person at EarWear, only to have it bounce back. Does anyone have any links to HA jewelry, particularly beaded jewelry?

Thanks in advance! Please send links to mermaids (underscore) 417 (at) hotmail (dot) com, in case I don't get back to this board for a little while.
pearlgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #24
dragonfly

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi

Hi everyone,

I figured I would bump this thread even though it is pretty old to see if anyone had any new info. I was searching also for hearing aid jewelry. I remember seeing them years ago and since I am getting a new hearing aid that is soooooo boring I wanted to find them. Does anyone have anything more current or suggestions besides the beads on the tubing????

Have a great day.
dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #25
Bottesini
Old Deaf Ranter

Liked 65 Times in 43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
Hi everyone,

I figured I would bump this thread even though it is pretty old to see if anyone had any new info. I was searching also for hearing aid jewelry. I remember seeing them years ago and since I am getting a new hearing aid that is soooooo boring I wanted to find them. Does anyone have anything more current or suggestions besides the beads on the tubing????

Have a great day.
Hearing Aid Safety Device to Cover, Protect, & Prevent Loss of Children's Hearing Aids!
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #26
deafdyke

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
figured I would bump this thread even though it is pretty old to see if anyone had any new info. I was searching also for hearing aid jewelry. I remember seeing them years ago and since I am getting a new hearing aid that is soooooo boring I wanted to find them. Does anyone have anything more current or suggestions besides the beads on the tubing????
dragonfly, please e-mail or PM me... I have a product you may like!
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #27
dorothybaez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to dorothybaez Send a message via Yahoo to dorothybaez Send a message via Skype™ to dorothybaez
I use those little sticky rhinestone things that are sold to "bling" cell phones.

dorothybaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #28
springtime

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Would the little neoprene EarGears cover up the microphone pickups and dull the sound?

I am awaiting my HA, a Rexton Cobalt, and I want to protect that expensive little thing : ) especially with working outside, but does a cover affect the HA's performance? Just asking before I spend more $, lol.
springtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #29
Bottesini
Old Deaf Ranter

Liked 65 Times in 43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springtime View Post
Would the little neoprene EarGears cover up the microphone pickups and dull the sound?

I am awaiting my HA, a Rexton Cobalt, and I want to protect that expensive little thing : ) especially with working outside, but does a cover affect the HA's performance? Just asking before I spend more $, lol.
Ear Gear isn't neoprene. And it does not dull sound. It will save you money in the long run as you won't be sweating on the hearing aid.