Woman Lands in Hospital After Confusing Builder’s Foam with Hair Mousse

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Here’s one of those “news” stories that isn’t really much of a “story,” per se, but the photo and headline are so insane that it’s been going all over the internet today.

It features a woman, who is believed to be from Eastern Europe, sitting in a hospital emergency room with a giant beige mass covering her head and shoulder. She allegedly confused a can of polyurethane foam with some kind of hair product — many reports are saying that it was hair mousse — and sprayed the product in her hair. Upon contact with air, the foam expanded at an incredible rate, locking her hair into a kind of helmet.

Naturally, she doesn’t look too happy about it.

Polyurethane foam is used for numerous building and construction projects. It injects into an area as a thick liquid, then expands out to form a hard, solid structure. It’s used to prevent leaks, create a strong bonded filler between gaps, and for countless other projects. But hair styling is not one of them.

According to the Mirror, after the picture first appeared on social media today it quickly went viral — being viewed more than 250,000 times on one user’s Imgur account.

It should be noted that we couldn’t find any facts backing up this story. Reputable sites are talking about it — Yahoo! UK, The Daily Mail and others — but no one can seem to verify if this woman is indeed from Eastern Europe, if that’s actually builder’s foam (though it certainly looks like it), and if those are leaves or other debris trapped at the top of her head. Heck, no one can even attest that it was taken this year, only that the image went viral today.

http://firsttoknow.com/polyurethane...ixing-up-hair-mousse/?utm_source=facebookpage

Now that's what I call a bad hair day....hope it's fake for her sake. I wouldn't want that for anyone.

Laura

Last September.

Those cans don't look like beauty products, and the stuff stinks. Bizarre.

It looks like all of hairs need to be trimmed down and wear wig until hair grows to make normal.

I think it could be easily treated at home with trimmer and scissor, not emergency room.

Here’s one of those “news” stories that isn’t really much of a “story,” per se, but the photo and headline are so insane that it’s been going all over the internet today.

It features a woman, who is believed to be from Eastern Europe, sitting in a hospital emergency room with a giant beige mass covering her head and shoulder. She allegedly confused a can of polyurethane foam with some kind of hair product — many reports are saying that it was hair mousse — and sprayed the product in her hair. Upon contact with air, the foam expanded at an incredible rate, locking her hair into a kind of helmet.

Naturally, she doesn’t look too happy about it.

Polyurethane foam is used for numerous building and construction projects. It injects into an area as a thick liquid, then expands out to form a hard, solid structure. It’s used to prevent leaks, create a strong bonded filler between gaps, and for countless other projects. But hair styling is not one of them.

According to the Mirror, after the picture first appeared on social media today it quickly went viral — being viewed more than 250,000 times on one user’s Imgur account.

It should be noted that we couldn’t find any facts backing up this story. Reputable sites are talking about it — Yahoo! UK, The Daily Mail and others — but no one can seem to verify if this woman is indeed from Eastern Europe, if that’s actually builder’s foam (though it certainly looks like it), and if those are leaves or other debris trapped at the top of her head. Heck, no one can even attest that it was taken this year, only that the image went viral today.

http://firsttoknow.com/polyurethane...ixing-up-hair-mousse/?utm_source=facebookpage

Sounds like she may of been doing to many drugs or drinking a little too heavy or just fooling around with a can of foam and things got a little out of control. A can of expanding building foam looks nothing like a can of hair spray or hair mousse. Since the foam generates a lot of heat as it expands I have got to guess she had some pretty severe burns. Boils down to stupid is as stupid does.

Wow!! I would hate to have that happen to my hair.

Silly to go to emergency. All that could be done is shave and regrow.

Last edited:
I actually find this hard to believe unless she was drunk, stoned or just plain stupid, just putting it in your hands and "TRYING" to rub it in your hands or whatever, even starting to put it in your hair... the crap is SUPER sticky to begin with... I just cant even begin to explain how stupid she had to be to get as much as she did in her hair as she did??? Just the smell would tell you its not right.... I have never seen anyone just spray mousse right into their hair to begin with as well ( most spay a blob in their hands to rub and massage into the hair?? maybe if she would have been smoking, it might have saved her hair....lol

Silly to go o emergency. All that could be fond is shave and regrow.
if she did actually "rub" it into her scalp, then they would practically have to skin her... ( more like a very painful "WAX" job)

I have gotten this on my hands lots of times and straight Acetone wont take it off.... bad stuff.

but explain to me, how it got into her hair, on her back and sholder but NONE on her HANDS.... I think she pissed someone off. Pic and story doesnt add up at all

I actually find this hard to believe unless she was drunk, stoned or just plain stupid, just putting it in your hands and "TRYING" to rub it in your hands or whatever, even starting to put it in your hair... the crap is SUPER sticky to begin with... I just cant even begin to explain how stupid she had to be to get as much as she did in her hair as she did??? Just the smell would tell you its not right.... I have never seen anyone just spray mousse right into their hair to begin with as well ( most spay a blob in their hands to rub and massage into the hair?? maybe if she would have been smoking, it might have saved her hair....lol

http://www.snopes.com/builders-foam-hair/ Snopes sais been unproven

but explain to me, how it got into her hair, on her back and sholder but NONE on her HANDS.... I think she pissed someone off. Pic and story doesnt add up at all

Latex or Nitre gloves might be used and removed. It is one of possible explanation.

Yeah, who normally wears latex gloves to apply mousse?

Most women don't wear gloves to apply mousse to their hair.

"Most"? See where I am talking about. If she is stupid enough, she might wear latex gloves in fear of making mistake on her hands. Again, you just said "Most" meaning few might use latex... ;)

Also, these construction foam can, if read instruction, they did mention recommendation of using gloves. She might have read that part and wore latex gloves.

"Most"? See where I am talking about. If she is stupid enough, she might wear latex gloves in fear of making mistake on her hands. Again, you just said "Most" meaning few might use latex... ;)
Since I haven't surveyed each and every woman on the planet, I can't say with a certainty that 100% of women don't wear gloves; probably it's 99.99999999%. She could be the only woman on earth who wore gloves while using mousse. :roll:

If she was careless enough to use a product without knowing what is was, I doubt she would be careful enough to put on gloves.

Excuse me for using logic. :lol:

Also, these construction foam can, if read instruction, they did mention recommendation of using gloves. She might have read that part and wore latex gloves.

So, she read the construction foam can and put on gloves to put on mousse? Okayyyyyyyyy .......... :lol:

Latex or Nitre gloves might be used and removed. It is one of possible explanation.

That would mean she new what she was doing. I've got to guess that she was either intoxicated, stupid or someone did this to her. Maybe we should conduct a poll on this site to see how many women use latex or nitrile gloves to put mouse in their hair. I doubt that anyone on this site has ever used gloves to put mouse in their hair. I asked my sister in law who is a hair dresser if she puts on gloves to apply mouse to her customers hair? Her reply was laughter and "are you kidding me?" She then went on to say the only time she uses gloves is when she is dying hair.

Back