Dedicated Server Upgrade 2015

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Update: Site migration is complete! Domain propagation (see below) may still be in effect for some folks. If anyone encounters any site issues, please let me know. Thanks for your patience. :)

What is domain propagation? When an IP is changed because you have started up a new website or moved your website from one hosting company to another, every nameserver across the entire internet globally has to update its records to know where to find you. This process is called propagation and can take up to 48 hours. Sometimes even longer. This is because nameservers do not all update at the same time, some update more frequently that others and sometimes a nameserver can have a problem for a while. This means that some people can see the site and others can’t. Some emails will reach their destination and others won’t. Once domain propagation is completed however, everything should work as normal.

Original: It’s that time again and AllDeaf is due for a new dedicated server! As usual, the new dedicated server will be more powerful than the last one. AllDeaf.com will be migrated to the new box later this week. When this happens, the downtime will be no more than 60 minutes. :dunno:

I’ll keep you guys updated on the move.

Alex, will you upgrade this forum into newer version like vBulletin 5?

Hi Alex! How are you? Thank you for letting us know! I hope you don't have any problems upgrading the server!

3sl6up.jpg

Alex, will you upgrade this forum into newer version like vBulletin 5?

Hello Foxrac,

After the site migration, I will look into upgrading AD to a different forum software and it's not gonna be vBulletin. More on that later.

Thanks.

I think she means show the likes with our avatar where I believe they used to be (or at least the link). Now you have to go to your profile and statistics to see who liked your posts.

Hello Foxrac,

After the site migration, I will look into upgrading AD to a different forum software and it's not gonna be vBulletin. More on that later.

Thanks.

Sure, I hopefully that site migration goes smooth without loss of posts and pictures.

What? Don't leave!! :)
lol :) I won't leave.. yet. Still some posts that are worth reading.

Wanted to delete the post but don't have that magical power- need to collect my pennies to donate to AD :)

Update: Site migration is complete! Domain propagation (see below) may still be in effect for some folks. If anyone encounters any site issues, please let me know. Thanks for your patience. :)

What is domain propagation? When an IP is changed because you have started up a new website or moved your website from one hosting company to another, every nameserver across the entire internet globally has to update its records to know where to find you. This process is called propagation and can take up to 48 hours. Sometimes even longer. This is because nameservers do not all update at the same time, some update more frequently that others and sometimes a nameserver can have a problem for a while. This means that some people can see the site and others can’t. Some emails will reach their destination and others won’t. Once domain propagation is completed however, everything should work as normal.

Back