PLEASE READ- Oppurtunity to Communicate with Chinese Deaf

amandaw1323

Reaction score
Hello My name is Amanda. I myself am not deaf, but I have recently been extremely interested and inspired by the deaf community.

I was wondering if any of you would be willing to communicate with def college students from china.

To understand my request I need to tell you my story.

I have been a ballerina since I was three years old. Earlier this year my dance group (mainly composed of highschoolers) was asked to fly to China to perform on Amazing Chinese (the Chinese version of America's got Talent). My dance school is composed of mainly Chinese girls and we perform a dance called Jasmine Flowers which is a mix between Chinese Folk and Western Ballet.

When on the show our desire was to create a bridge between Eastern and Western culture and inspire others to connect with other cultures.

We passed the first round and went back to China for the second round a couple months later. The second round we were competing face to face with a all-male dance group from a college in china who were deaf. This round the judges were required to pick between the two acts and eliminate one. The judges loved us both and decided to break the rules of the show by joining our two groups together for the third and final round.

For the third round, we traveled back to China. We danced with the boys and got to hang out with them. We only got to spend a week with them, but the became family. They are truly amazing boys.

They are my brothers and I love them with all my heart. That week I began to learn Chinese Sign Language and converse with them.

Months later I still message them and video chat them weekly.

Now to my request. One of my Chinese deaf brothers asked how he could connect with United States Deaf people. I was stumped, but I truly want to create a connection between Chinese and American cultures. After a quick search online, I decided posting on this forum was my best option. They do not have access to this forum do to internet restrictions.

If you would be willing to connect and communicate with my brother please respond and I will tell you the simplest way to contact them. They understand basic to little English but they know Chinese sign language (and some ASL) and I can help with the language barrier through a special way of communication.

Thank you and please respond.

Hello My name is Amanda. I myself am not deaf, but I have recently been extremely interested and inspired by the deaf community.

I was wondering if any of you would be willing to communicate with def college students from china.

To understand my request I need to tell you my story.

I have been a ballerina since I was three years old. Earlier this year my dance group (mainly composed of highschoolers) was asked to fly to China to perform on Amazing Chinese (the Chinese version of America's got Talent). My dance school is composed of mainly Chinese girls and we perform a dance called Jasmine Flowers which is a mix between Chinese Folk and Western Ballet.

When on the show our desire was to create a bridge between Eastern and Western culture and inspire others to connect with other cultures.

We passed the first round and went back to China for the second round a couple months later. The second round we were competing face to face with a all-male dance group from a college in china who were deaf. This round the judges were required to pick between the two acts and eliminate one. The judges loved us both and decided to break the rules of the show by joining our two groups together for the third and final round.

For the third round, we traveled back to China. We danced with the boys and got to hang out with them. We only got to spend a week with them, but the became family. They are truly amazing boys.

They are my brothers and I love them with all my heart. That week I began to learn Chinese Sign Language and converse with them.

Months later I still message them and video chat them weekly.

Now to my request. One of my Chinese deaf brothers asked how he could connect with United States Deaf people. I was stumped, but I truly want to create a connection between Chinese and American cultures. After a quick search online, I decided posting on this forum was my best option. They do not have access to this forum do to internet restrictions.

If you would be willing to connect and communicate with my brother please respond and I will tell you the simplest way to contact them. They understand basic to little English but they know Chinese sign language (and some ASL) and I can help with the language barrier through a special way of communication.

Thank you and please respond.
everyone here sees every thread you are creating. It's against forum rules to create multiple threads on the same topic

everyone here sees every thread you are creating. It's against forum rules to create multiple threads on the same topic
Thank you for your help my internet and computer were glitchy and I didn't even realize that happen

Back