Church of Cannabis holds first service

rockin'robin

Reaction score
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (WISH/CNN) – The Wednesday service at The First Church of Cannabis in Indianapolis was different than most.

Indiana’s new Religious Freedom Restoration Act went into effect on Wednesday, and the church’s congregation claims it gives them the legal right to smoke marijuana freely.

"Look around you man, there’s love everywhere," William Sandage, a parishioner, said. "The cannabis is just an addition, you know what I’m saying? It’s more about love."

From the carnival atmosphere on the front lawn to the party atmosphere inside, The First Church of Cannabis held its first services Wednesday afternoon.

"The amount of brotherhood, the peacefulness, the vibe that we had was fantastic," parishioner Amanda Bass said. "It was really a great place to be today."

The Church was born out of The Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which limits government overreach on religious freedoms. The church is claiming their freedoms include the right to have marijuana as a part of their service.

"We laid the groundwork for a beautiful religion to blossom," church founder Bill Levin said. "It was born today and you could see all the love that radiated from the building."

Outside of the church was a different story as protesters gathered along with a heavy police presence. But homeowners in the area were just watching their own.

"I don’t really aspire to his religion, but I don’t care what people do as long as they don’t tear up the neighborhood," Daniel East, who lives next door to the church, said. "I’ve been here for 50 years and I’m going to be here another 50 years. As long as they don’t tear anything up, I don’t care what they do."

Despite a little unrest, there were no major incidents and no one was arrested.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/29457674/church-of-cannabis-holds-first-service

Wicked....keep burnin.....keep freedom alive....

I love how these pro religion acts are bringing major karma on those who created them. As the saying goes "be careful what you wish for, cuz to just might get it".

Interesting. Pot is also part of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster's tradition (adherents are called pastafarians), hence the gathering at 4 20 PM (they say to show up at 4 19). It takes $20-30 to become an ordained minister, and you take photographs of yourself and your congregation, wearing noodle strainer implements on your head while eating pasta, as well as keep receipts for fuel for traveling, equipment, books, and food supplies (the minister and family has to cook spaghetti for the congregation), which are kept as proof for tax filing as a non-profit organization. I have a friend who is such an ordained minister, and I have attended his services (though I don't like to inhale and is not required for participation). He and his family make KILLER PASTA!

The most dangerous thing about pot's immediate effects is that without pot luck meals as part of church services, they might end up ransacking grocery stores or restaurants for food. I suppose the church will provide a boost to such businesses' bottom lines?

i wouldn't mind to make a documentary on that church!

i wouldn't mind to make a documentary on that church!

We can start oir own church grummer..we csn do it better...with shrumms wnd smookin.chicks....
how.are those kiwi shruums anyway??

Back