New software coming

linicx

Reaction score
I spent some time today talking to Ian at NexTalk about their Access Home Edition software. Presently it only works on a PC running Windows.(I have to wait.) It essentially replaces the unwieldy TTY with a virtual machine that is included in the software.

Within the year there will be a version for Mac users, too. Tablet and Linux appears to be on the horizon. Check it out at

http://www.nextalk.com/

we have to pay? forget it.

I spent some time today talking to Ian at NexTalk about their Access Home Edition software. Presently it only works on a PC running Windows.(I have to wait.) It essentially replaces the unwieldy TTY with a virtual machine that is included in the software.

Within the year there will be a version for Mac users, too. Tablet and Linux appears to be on the horizon. Check it out at

http://www.nextalk.com/

Why FCC doesn't cover nextalk?

Um...

I don't understand your question, Highlander. FCC licenses telephone companies, ham radio operators, and television stations. It doesn't license software, or oversee horrible Internet providers. I wish it did.

Why FCC doesn't cover nextalk?

I don't understand your question, Highlander. FCC licenses telephone companies, ham radio operators, and television stations. It doesn't license software, or oversee horrible Internet providers. I wish it did.

it's an accessibility software. FCC should cover it.

we already have VRS equipment paid for by government so why should we get NexTalk that we have to pay for? the future for NexTalk is bleak.

We don't have to pay VRS as ZVRS, Sorenson, Purple, etc for program and hardware. They are free. FCC paid them for Deaf. So nextalk should do same thing.

I guess that they don't want to deal with red tape from FCC. :dunno:

Can you help me?

Partial deafness, and the idea I will lose what is left of my hearing is very new to me. I am one-of-one in my county. I have never been exposed to a deaf community. I am not aware of where to look. I've lived in small rural communities for the last 35 years.

I don't know how the equipment works, what works and what doesn't, or where to find it.

If you would like to take a deep breath and make an attempt to educate me, I will listen and learn. I am sure I will need the information at some time in my life.

Thanks. seriously.

We don't have to pay VRS as ZVRS, Sorenson, Purple, etc for program and hardware. They are free. FCC paid them for Deaf. So nextalk should do same thing.

Back