Mom says she can't see son's grades without paying fees

I really feel the school is being unreasonable not allowing the mother to see her son reporter . She has a right to see all of her kid school records and this separate from the fee for art classes.

I don't understand why the parents have to pay fees if the school is suppose to be free education.

The fees was suppose to get some supplies and books in colleges, not in Public schools.

No wonder that is probably why President Obama want free education in Community Colleges. Maybe there might be some fees for things that they need to work on like art.

But still, it is not fair for poor families who just could not afford things. :(

“I’ve asked the school time and time again, told them I couldn’t afford this, they said they’ll take five bucks at a time, I don’t even have five bucks,” Mullin said.

People that have never been poor don't understand. If the money isn't there the money isn't there. Some times $5 is the difference between a meal and going hungry.

It's been a common practice at our High Schools to hold a students diploma until all fees have been paid. It can be a library late fee, lost book, lunch fees etc.

We have always had to pay fees for elective classes and also for advance classes. Plus the school mails you a list of school supplies required which adds up fast when you have more than one child.

California Lotto was suppose to help our schools, but I have yet to see how.

It's been a common practice at our High Schools to hold a students diploma until all fees have been paid. It can be a library late fee, lost book, lunch fees etc.

We have always had to pay fees for elective classes and also for advance classes. Plus the school mails you a list of school supplies required which adds up fast when you have more than one child.

But what if the do not the money to pay the fee ? You can't get blood from a stone.

So true...am glad all 3 of my boys are out of school...I also paid $389.00 for my last boy's class ring. And once, the school wanted to charge me over $25 for a "lost book" that my son did not turn in. He assured me that he did and had never lost a book before...So I went to the school early one AM and they allowed me to look for the book...and I found it in a box of books behind an office worker!....I was livid!

So true...am glad all 3 of my boys are out of school...I also paid $389.00 for my last boy's class ring. And once, the school wanted to charge me over $25 for a "lost book" that my son did not turn in. He assured me that he did and had never lost a book before...So I went to the school early one AM and they allowed me to look for the book...and I found it in a box of books behind an office worker!....I was livid!
No shit! I hope you charged them for your labor, didn't you?

No shit! I hope you charged them for your labor, didn't you?

I had that happen to me with the public library, I returned a book and left right on the front desk and told the librarian I was returning it. A few days later I got an email saying the book was over due . I called and they could not found the book ,it took them 2 days to find it. Someone put it in the wrong place . So when I return a library book now I tell the librarian I want it to be filed at return right now and taken off my account. I had to tell the librarian more than once I do not have the book anymore . I was not about to pay a late fee or the cost of a new book.

Back