Apple Pay

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
so anybody using Apple Pay??? not me because I have iPhone 5S and Apple Pay is only available on iPhone 6/6+

can't wait to use it next year!

so anybody using Apple Pay??? not me because I have iPhone 5S and Apple Pay is only available on iPhone 6/6+

can't wait to use it next year!

I just used it at Walgreen to bought a pill in two days ago and it was works very well and it's auto send email your receipt. iPhone 6+ 64GB here.

Is it a credit card?

no. it's an app in iPhone 6/6+ equipped with NFC chip that allows you to pay wirelessly at store or subway.

this has been going on in Korea and Japan for a long time and now America is finally catching up.

Yes, I already have Apple Pay in my iPhone Plus but not yet to use it in any store to buy.

I've used it on my iPhone 6, I think it's great! I wish/hope more retailers move to accept it.

I just got the iPhone 6 last week but I haven't used the Apple Pay feature yet. Look forward to doing so this coming week though! :yesway:

I've not used Apple pay but I've used Wallet to do same thing.

It is nice but wish more places would have those that is reliable. Some places that has them has turned them off.

Maybe now that Apple is starting to use it along with Android, more places would take time to make sure they work and to put them in places that doesn't now. I would love to be able to just use phone to pay for everything instead of credit cards.

I'm going to be the odd person out here but that's not new. I avoided smartphones because of the in-my-face tracking. I finally got an iPhone 5c and
dislike it mucho. We needed a way to communicate since hearing is not the way anymore.
I had a new OS pushed and waiting for me to load it but won't. In time, I'll see 3, 4 or 5 OSs hanging out not loaded. The iPhone gives you absolutely no way to trash OS. It's not for our benefit but for theirs.

It's spreading more of our personal information for Apple and hackers (including Apple Pay and you will be tracked in many ways) and I'm finding others ways to stop some of that.

Most folks will opt not to see that and don't care. I'm used to it. It's just another trend I've seen over about 20 years.

If you thought credit cards were an issue, watch out for the hacking (if Apple Pay picks up) of the all-in-one phone.

I'm going to be the odd person out here but that's not new. I avoided smartphones because of the in-my-face tracking. I finally got an iPhone 5c and
dislike it mucho. We needed a way to communicate since hearing is not the way anymore.
I had a new OS pushed and waiting for me to load it but won't. In time, I'll see 3, 4 or 5 OSs hanging out not loaded. The iPhone gives you absolutely no way to trash OS. It's not for our benefit but for theirs.

It's spreading more of our personal information for Apple and hackers (including Apple Pay and you will be tracked in many ways) and I'm finding others ways to stop some of that.

Most folks will opt not to see that and don't care. I'm used to it. It's just another trend I've seen over about 20 years.

If you thought credit cards were an issue, watch out for the hacking (if Apple Pay picks up) of the all-in-one phone.

Apple Pay is more secure than using a regular credit card. If you think you can hide your personal info from those that want it you're mistaken. The only possible way to hide is to pay cash for EVERYTHING, utilities, mortgage, services, groceries, etc. Your info is out there and ripe for the picking for those that want to chance stealing it.

I have had the iPhone 6 Plus since I bought it three months ago and the Apple Pay isn't available in Australia until sometime in 2015 so I am waiting for the feature to be unlocked so I can use it at the opportunity of chance.

I use Apple Pay and it's very nice and very secure. When you create a new credit card account to Apple Pay, it create what is called "Virtual Card" with new account number on it. So that way it won't pass any real account number through the NFC (Near Field Communication) whereas using the magnetic strip to swipe it and that does pass your real credit info to the merchant. Secondly, once you get ready to pay for it, you will need to either enter the passcode or use your finger scan. So, using virtual card and finger scan is hard to break it.

I use Apple Pay and it's very nice and very secure. When you create a new credit card account to Apple Pay, it create what is called "Virtual Card" with new account number on it. So that way it won't pass any real account number through the NFC (Near Field Communication) whereas using the magnetic strip to swipe it and that does pass your real credit info to the merchant. Secondly, once you get ready to pay for it, you will need to either enter the passcode or use your finger scan. So, using virtual card and finger scan is hard to break it.

[emoji651]️^ THIS

Apple Pay is more secure than using a regular credit card. If you think you can hide your personal info from those that want it you're mistaken. The only possible way to hide is to pay cash for EVERYTHING, utilities, mortgage, services, groceries, etc. Your info is out there and ripe for the picking for those that want to chance stealing it.
I've moved off of credit cards for most of our bills/purchases. I have one and only one card for years. I don't pay utilities with a credit card. I use cash more now than I ever have and we have friends doing the same thing.

Lots of things are put out there under softened or totally false names to make them sound less bad. This is one of them. At some point in time, this is going to blow up on those using it. It's a matter of time. Now, if I could just corrupt my IP address ... I view this thread now and then and I said I'd be in the minority (of uh 1 against something worse than a credit card) and it will likely stay that way. Technological advances sound great but in the long run (and short), they're going to bring us down.

Back