Anyone own a gun?

Taylor

Reaction score
This isn't to get into any type of Gun debate (please do not hijack my thread ;) ). Many people own them...some for sport and some for family protection (I fall into the latter). Are there any gun owners here...if so, would you mind sharing what your favorites are?

I like the shotguns...equipped with red explosive shells..excellent weapon of choice for everyone. :D

Right after read 15 years old boy's editoral comment and I decided to took his advice. I plan to buy Walther P99 right after research and research on different guns. Of course I will buy more than just one gun but for now, Walther P99 will do for me.

Footnote on Walther P99:

The Walther P-99 is a medium frame automatic designed to meet the demanding specifications laid down for German police pistols. Development on the P-99 began in 1994 as a collective effort that involved many designers and engineers working together to produce the most effective sidearm available to the law enforcement community. After a rigorous study of every available law enforcement pistol, the P-99 exhibited the benefits of that research by incorporating many unique new features that distinguish it from other polymer frame automatics available at the time.

Amongst the P-99’s unique features is an ergonomic grip designed by certain indvidual, who makes pistol grips for the best professional shooters in the world.

Another unique feature the P-99 sports is that the gun is striker-fired, as opposed to hammer-fired, but Walther designed the P-99 to give off the "feel" of a hammer-fired double action automatic. Walther wanted a striker-fired system because under the German Police protocol striker-fired pistols only require 3.5 kg (8 lbs.) of force to discharge the gun, while a hammer-fired gun must exhort 5.5 kg (12.5 lbs.) of force to fire the weapon. All of this translates into a heavier or lighter trigger pull that would prove influential in the practical accuracy of the shooter. Given the fast-paced kind of combat situations many professional shooters finds themselves in—the P99’s lighter trigger pull, coupled with its exceptional magazine capacity, make it an optimal gun for professional shooters’ line of work.

Magazine can hold 16/11 bullets.

p99_gross.jpg

I am thinking of buy #1 or #4... and I plan to research on best and powerful rifle, the problem is that I never bother to have a desire to own a gun until that boy's comment. So I must admit that I am little out of gun-talk... Right now, research is best thing to do to meet my needs or my wants.

I own a remlington model 7400 .270 with a lepoald scope mounted to it, it's an awesome yet powerful rifle. Almost took my shoulder out when i first fired it :rifle:

Taylor, I believe you mentioned that you are a cop or something.. I don't remember.. anyway it is perhap that you may know about this. Am I able to buy Barrett BMG .50 caliber assault rifle? if so, is it legal?

With Barret BMG .50 caliber assault rifle, it can virtually penetrate anything or I believe so.

1bg.jpg

Last edited:
I own an Itacha 1970 12 gague shotgun. I use it for skeet shooting, nothing else.

Magatsu said:
Taylor, I believe you mentioned that you are a cop or something.. I don't remember.. anyway it is perhap that you may know about this. Am I able to buy Barrett BMG .50 caliber assault rifle? if so, is it legal?

With Barret BMG .50 caliber assault rifle, it can virtually penetrate anything or I believe so.

1bg.jpg

Nothing like a chick with big guns :rofl:

That Walther P99 does look like a nice gun. Which thread are you referring to with the 15 y/o?

Many people do not like guns, and they only use them for the protection of their family. Thats where I fall into things. I was never a hunter and have no desire to hunt. I'm not a gun nut. I just believe that I am ultimately responsible for my own safety.

I've narrowed it down to a Glock, but I'm not sure which model I want to get. I've fired Glocks before and they are pretty dependable.

I really like the Glock 31, but it appears the ammo is a little hard to find.
glock31.jpg

I also like the Glock 21
glock21.jpg

For off-duty carry:
glock36.jpg

Its smaller and falls into their 'slimline' line of guns.

Still undecided on which one I want to do. There is a range about 1/2 hour from where I live where they will allow you to test fire various guns to see which ones you like.

I'm not much on the high powered rifles. I'd like to take out the intruder and not the neighbor down the street ;)

Taylor said:
That Walther P99 does look like a nice gun. Which thread are you referring to with the 15 y/o?

Many people do not like guns, and they only use them for the protection of their family. Thats where I fall into things. I was never a hunter and have no desire to hunt. I'm not a gun nut. I just believe that I am ultimately responsible for my own safety.

I've narrowed it down to a Glock, but I'm not sure which model I want to get. I've fired Glocks before and they are pretty dependable.

I really like the Glock 31, but it appears the ammo is a little hard to find.
glock31.jpg

I also like the Glock 21
glock21.jpg

For off-duty carry:
glock36.jpg

Its smaller and falls into their 'slimline' line of guns.

Still undecided on which one I want to do. There is a range about 1/2 hour from where I live where they will allow you to test fire various guns to see which ones you like.

I'm not much on the high powered rifles. I'd like to take out the intruder and not the neighbor down the street ;)

Glocks are pretty good for handguns, i'd own one in future.. But hey, nothing like when a robber show up at your house and bein' greet by your big stick.. I'd bet my left nut that you could see his whole eyes pop up in the dark :)

My father taught me how to shot rabbits:rifle: in England, and I don't remember the name of this big gun, but it has a spike with cotton feathers bullets as I was only a teenager back then.

LOL...chick with big guns ;)

Magatsu, Its a big gun. I have have seen them at auctions before so it is possible to get them. I never looked closely at them so they may be modified. Several of the gun shops I've been to have quite a few look-alikes to high powered weapons but they are not the real thing.

Just out of curiosity, would you be hunting deer with that thing? ;)

Taylor said:
LOL...chick with big guns ;)

Magatsu, Its a big gun. I have have seen them at auctions before so it is possible to get them. I never looked closely at them so they may be modified. Several of the gun shops I've been to have quite a few look-alikes to high powered weapons but they are not the real thing.

Just out of curiosity, would you be hunting deer with that thing? ;)

Then there's nothing left for you to feast on

Whitemoe,
That is correct. about 10 or so years ago, I came home from work one day. Nothing seemed out of place. I had a roommate at the time who always kept his bedroom door shut and locked. I went into my room and noticed a coin jar I had was on the floor. I kept it on top of a closet self that was a little warped so I didn't think much about it laying on the floor (after all, the money was still there). I sat down, watched TV for about an hour or hour and half. I then went in to use the restroom. I heard a noise in the living room and went to investigate. My roomates door was now open and I caught the image of the front door slamming shut (it was an apartment and would close automatically). I never saw who went out. I followed outside but lost sight of the guy as he was running into the woods.

The police determined that I came home in the middle of the B&E and he was hiding in my roommates room the whole time.

That scared me pretty bad. Its one thing to come home and to find somebody in your house. Its another to realize that the person was in there with you for that long and you didn't know he was there. The only thing that saved my ass was a bowel movement and the urge to go to the bathroom. The way our house was set up, when I was watching TV, my back was to the roommates door.

Another scary thing is that there was no sign of forced entry. If I came home and the doored look like it had been pried, then I would have known. There was none of that...no broken windows, etc.

I later learned that their was several other incidents in the neighborhood that day. Turns out it was a maintenance guy who was fired and had made copies of the apartment keys. The apartment complex denied it completely, but none of the other 6 or so apartments that had been robbed had any signs of forced entry. Police did find out he was the culprit and he was known to carry fire-arms (illegally) on him.

If he decided to make his exit while I was on the couch and he had been armed, that would have been it for me. If that had happened, and I was armed, at least then I would have had a chance.

On top of that, joining the police department has shown me what the reality of such situations are.

Magatsu said:

1bg.jpg

That lady looks familiar to me.. Is the gal named Lissa from Northern California??

I would like to own a Thompson gun, known as Tommy Gun for decorative purposes. Those guns were used by mafia people during the 1930s-1940s.

deafdyke, target shooting is a lot of fun. Our police station has an indoor range where officers can try new weapons or qualify for certain things. Nobody is allowed to use it 'just for fun'. There are a few ranges not too far from where I live but it can get to be an expensive hobby.

Taylor said:
Whitemoe,
That is correct. about 10 or so years ago, I came home from work one day. Nothing seemed out of place. I had a roommate at the time who always kept his bedroom door shut and locked. I went into my room and noticed a coin jar I had was on the floor. I kept it on top of a closet self that was a little warped so I didn't think much about it laying on the floor (after all, the money was still there). I sat down, watched TV for about an hour or hour and half. I then went in to use the restroom. I heard a noise in the living room and went to investigate. My roomates door was now open and I caught the image of the front door slamming shut (it was an apartment and would close automatically). I never saw who went out. I followed outside but lost sight of the guy as he was running into the woods.

The police determined that I came home in the middle of the B&E and he was hiding in my roommates room the whole time.

That scared me pretty bad. Its one thing to come home and to find somebody in your house. Its another to realize that the person was in there with you for that long and you didn't know he was there. The only thing that saved my ass was a bowel movement and the urge to go to the bathroom. The way our house was set up, when I was watching TV, my back was to the roommates door.

Another scary thing is that there was no sign of forced entry. If I came home and the doored look like it had been pried, then I would have known. There was none of that...no broken windows, etc.

I later learned that their was several other incidents in the neighborhood that day. Turns out it was a maintenance guy who was fired and had made copies of the apartment keys. The apartment complex denied it completely, but none of the other 6 or so apartments that had been robbed had any signs of forced entry. Police did find out he was the culprit and he was known to carry fire-arms (illegally) on him.

If he decided to make his exit while I was on the couch and he had been armed, that would have been it for me. If that had happened, and I was armed, at least then I would have had a chance.

On top of that, joining the police department has shown me what the reality of such situations are.

I agree with you heartfully, Im a member of NRA, which i do believe that we do have a right to bear arms in intend for home protection or to hunt. And if anybody who wants to remove our rights to bear arms, then heck they can migrate to Britian for all I care!

Back