Taking a stroll down Memory Lane

Xavier's_Deaf_Mama

Reaction score
Hello,

To start off, I am not new to this forum. :) Some of you may remember me...in a good way...bad way...or so so.

Some of you may remember me as:

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=68229&highlight=DGirl101

I parted from AllDeaf in a overly bad dramatic way a while back. All I can say is that rather subject everyone to drama...I bowed out and went off to do what I needed to do to get back to who I am and deal with the situation that was going on then.

I can say since then I have completed nursing school and now actively work as a Charge Nurse in a senior living home. I gave birth to a healthy beautiful little boy....so that makes 3 boys now. :shock:

I also decided to try again and get a Cochlear Implant in July of 2010. It was successful up until June of this past year. Nucleus 5 decided to take a poop and I had to have surgery to ex-plant and re-implant with the Nucleus 6. Since then I have developed complications from the surgery that I am actively rehabilitating for, and let me tell you it's a doozy of a complication.

Happy to be back and hope to hear from you all soon!

Attachments

• C360_2014-09-26-15-38-25-208.jpg
    C360_2014-09-26-15-38-25-208.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 8
Welcome back.. Im sorry to hear that you had surgery for couples of times. Hope things are going to get better for you.

It had been a long time since 2009. That is 5 years. Maybe that is the reason why I don't approve of having surgery for devices to put in and when that don't work out with the devices. Just a waste of having a doctor put it in and enjoy your hearing for a while until it is not working out. I am sorry that you had to go through with another surgery.

:welcome: back to AllDeaf Forum. I hope you can continue reading and posting here. Have fun. See you around. :wave:

hi there,congrats with baby and nursing,i hope other problems sort out bc you seem strong lady

It had been a long time since 2009. That is 5 years. Maybe that is the reason why I don't approve of having surgery for devices to put in and when that don't work out with the devices. Just a waste of having a doctor put it in and enjoy your hearing for a while until it is not working out. I am sorry that you had to go through with another surgery.

:welcome: back to AllDeaf Forum. I hope you can continue reading and posting here. Have fun. See you around. :wave:

^^like..sadly seen it happen to often

Hi Kristen: I read your original "comment" as DG101. The sentence "being born with deformed temporal bones in both ears" seem to "suggest" why there was "problems" with the Cochlear Implant operation you had.

aside: not being a surgeon I pass no comment on the "suitablity/feasibility" of the consideration of Cochlear Implant operation.

As i recall 7 years ago-Sunnybrook/Toronto-prior to my operation-July 2007 as for "suitable". I was "checked over extensively". I was suitable.
No problems - to date.

Perhaps: different criteria utilized between different centres. I have mentioned before-since 1984 they have examined 3000 ADULTS of which 2000 were "unsuitable" for the operation. I was one of 1000 accepted. Info given at recent patients meeting.

As been pointed here-AllDeaf.com - no all Cochlear Implant operations are "unsuccessful."

Back