Kitchen renovation project

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
As some of you know, this house is getting a major kitchen makeover, and I thought I would post the progress that's been made, starting today:

Attachments

• IMG_20140303_200152_0.jpg
    IMG_20140303_200152_0.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20140303_200136_0.jpg
    IMG_20140303_200136_0.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20140303_200116_0.jpg
    IMG_20140303_200116_0.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 44
Who is doing the renovations?

What is the 3rd picture of?

New lights. Our old one was outdated, and they're gonna put a new, larger one in. Also new sink, dishwasher, stove/oven, and possibly a new microwave, too. The picture where the counter used to be is gonna get replaced.

I didn't know you were getting your kitchen redone. That's good news. :)

Why are the pictures so blurry? Are you taking them in the dark? It's hard to tell what's in the pictures.

I didn't know you were getting your kitchen redone. That's good news. :)

Why are the pictures so blurry? Are you taking them in the dark? It's hard to tell what's in the pictures.

Yes. I used my camera flash to make it easier to see, because there's no electricity there. I have an app that makes my camera flash quite bright-- capable of blinding people :(, but necessary to have it sometimes.

Yes. I used my camera flash to make it easier to see, because there's no electricity there. I have an app that makes my camera flash quite bright-- capable of blinding people :(, but necessary to have it sometimes.
So why are they grainy?

New lights. Our old one was outdated, and they're gonna put a new, larger one in. Also new sink, dishwasher, stove/oven, and possibly a new microwave, too. The picture where the counter used to be is gonna get replaced.
New cabinets too? Refrigerator? Do you know what materials they'll use for the flooring and counters?

I love kitchen reno's. :)

New cabinets too? Refrigerator? Do you know what materials they'll use for the flooring and counters?

I love kitchen reno's. :)

New cabinets yes, definitely. New fridge? That one I'm not making sense of, cause they put in new wiring, so it's possible. As for what kind of materials will be used, I shall ask and find out, but my guess, based on the printed drawings I saw would be either maple or oak.

android smartphones are not known for decent camera feature

New cabinets yes, definitely. New fridge? That one I'm not making sense of, cause they put in new wiring, so it's possible. As for what kind of materials will be used, I shall ask and find out, but my guess, based on the printed drawings I saw would be either maple or oak.
A new fridge shouldn't require new wiring unless the wiring for the whole room was out of date.

A picture of said wiring

Attachments

• IMG_20140303_200204_0.jpg
    IMG_20140303_200204_0.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 27
knob and tube wiring?

Possibly. I've always wanted a fridge with an icebox included, but that's wishful thinking. However, the last time I checked, there wasn't any wiring there.

Back