Signatures?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Signatures? (Posts Allowed)

I'm starting to notice that more and more members are using bigger and bigger images in their signatures. I'm going to have to start enforcing the rules and guidelines as stated in Forum Rules

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=95
3.) Participants using images as signatures and/or avatars are to use JPG or GIF format only. Only 1 image is allowed per signature, and must be 50KB or less in file size.

4.) Participants may not scroll unnecessarily. Scrolling can refer to the following:

a.) Excessive quoting
b.) Excessive smilies, pictures
c.) Marquee images, text (scrolling horizontally)
d.) Anything that is repetitious
Also, try keeping your images under 500 x 100 pixels. Any bigger and members are gonna have to scroll down more or possibly sideways as well.

I am going to be going through signatures and removing them if they are TOO big and contacting various members as well. If you see that your signature has been changed or removed, contact me through PM. If you see someone else's signature that I may have overlooked, feel free to contact me through PM.

The reason for this is so that the website can be easily accessible for our visitors and members. When signatures and images are too big, it makes the webpages more difficult to load and this isn't good for some of our members. Thanks for your time and understanding.

Last edited:
This thread has been made sticky again for the purpose to remind you that this will be taken seriously. I have been flexible with members who wanted to have a few small images. They later increase the size or number of images in their signatures making them bigger and bigger. As a result, they have signatures so big that they take up half to a whole page. That leads to more other members complaining because they have to scroll down more are are annoyed by seeing too many images in those signatures.

I will be going through signatures from time to time and deleting multiple images. I have tried helping you on other alternatives to showing multiple images in one image. I have tried offering you help on fixing your image so that it fits. Instead, members say they know what they're doing and do it wrong. They don't come to me or anyone else for help. They just continue posting big images.

Some of you are still using animated GIFs that are bigger than 50 KB. AllDeaf rules state that the images should less than 50 KB. Some of you are using images that are bigger than 500 pixels wide and/or 100 pixels high. Again, this makes the signature too big and forces members to scroll as well. Sure, 105 pixels high sounds like nothing... but if I let it slide for that member, then I gotta let everyone else do it and that makes things a lot worse.

Some of you are using AllDeaf sub-domain names for your files. Making random images is very easy and I can easily do that for you or show you how to do it. For those who have your own server, it's also easy as well. For those of you who have nothing to display the images from under your control, let me know and I'd gladly share the space... if it's acceptable.

If you have any questions or concerns about your signature or other members' signatures, please PM me. Thanks.

VamPyroX, please verify everything on my signature are all ok and are within your guidelines. Thanks!

~DV :fingersx:

DeafVeggie said:
VamPyroX, please verify everything on my signature are all ok and are within your guidelines. Thanks!

~DV :fingersx:[/QUOTE

same for mine... i resized it a while ago but dunno if its still too big? *shrugs*

hey VamPyroX, i see typo in your post, it should be 100 x 100 not 500 x 100 pixel.

DeafVeggie said:

~DV :fingersx:
300 x 75 pixels
7 KB

You're fine. :thumb:

SpiceHD said:
DeafVeggie said:

~DV :fingersx:[/QUOTE

same for mine... i resized it a while ago but dunno if its still too big? *shrugs*
Well, yours is 140 pixels high... should be 100. :thumb:

Well, If big banner with less KB that not should worried about being screwed but I had same banner including same size in other forum. It's won't annoying or some forumer started complain about me. I will resized if this banner is over 200 pixels on high but it's pulling width to become more small.

Hi! I want to upload my sig for signature but having plms cuz few ppl not able to see my new sig which I just posted eariler on... *groan* been like that for for sometimes trying to some image hosting for my own and so far not working! Can u do that for me in ur site whatever u have? U can see my post which is under General: "Testing my new sig only" Will u pls fix that for me? If need to be, pls do pm me ok? Thanks!!

Err....not text my sn as u can see below but I mean pic abt mountains with two spirts wolves....if u cant see it i will pm u to show u my sig ok? again thanks lol

Is this signature allowed?
HPsig1.jpg

if you need any help with the signatures, vamp and I would be glad to help you, since we are good with computers. :)

Can this be add to Alex's forum rule or merge.? Would be alot easier for one stop center rather having many different rules created by the mods with different links.

That is a good idea what nathan's suggestion. Finding one place is easier to read the whole rules about this forum.

is my signature okay? ;) just kidding. i just feel like babbling now.

If anyone doesn't like having to scroll past the images, you can go to your User CP, then to Edit Options, and then under Thread Display Options, you can un-click Show Avatars and Show Images. This is what I do. :)

If anyone doesn't like having to scroll past the images, you can go to your User CP, then to Edit Options, and then under Thread Display Options, you can un-click Show Avatars and Show Images. This is what I do. :)

That one I do as well.. just have to get that sig and etc out of sight so I can scroll down easily without seeing any big sigs and more.. simple enough but as for the avaters, I can see them alright...

Me too.

That one I do as well.. just have to get that sig and etc out of sight so I can scroll down easily without seeing any big sigs and more.. simple enough but as for the avaters, I can see them alright...

You can also un-click Show Avatars. I un-click all of these because I'm on a screen reader so it's much easier to navigate when there is as little clutter as possible.

Actually, the signatures are way too annoying. They're better off if we don't have it.

Back