Mystery illness claims more bald eagles in Utah - U.S. News
whatdidyousay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Bebonang

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
I don't know what to say about the messengers that had to die with unknown disease or illness. That is really sad to know. I am praying that the messengers will get heal and try to carry on with their lives and to pass between our Creator and us. We need them. Our messengers are very important to our Native traditions in both USA and Canada.

I hope the scientist or the vet will try to solve what is wrong with them.

Gegiibishedjig (Deaf Person)

You speak to me on lip..
I don't speak..
I sign with you..
You gesture..
I can't hear you..
You can hear me..
You can see and I can see..
-Smell, Sense, Taste, Feel and See-
Was born with broken ears..
I was not perfect, but I am used to being happy and Deaf..
Bebonang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
whatdidyousay!

Liked 113 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebonang View Post
I don't know what to say about the messengers that had to die with unknown disease or illness. That is really sad to know. I am praying that the messengers will get heal and try to carry on with their lives and to pass between our Creator and us. We need them. Our messengers are very important to our Native traditions in both USA and Canada.

I hope the scientist or the vet will try to solve what is wrong with them.
I agree this very sad as DDT almost killed the eagles off and now this is happening . I bet is has to with all the oil spills and chemicals that being used today. Eagles eat fish and the ocean is just not clean anymore. The eagles are very important for the balance of nature too.
Unread 12-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
VacationGuy234

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
We have them here just outside Boston, I believe, on the whole, they are continuing to flourish.
Unread 12-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
whatdidyousay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacationGuy234 View Post
We have them here just outside Boston, I believe, on the whole, they are continuing to flourish.
We have eagles here too but people are worried whatever is killing them could spread to other states. The scientists have no idea what is killing these beautiful birds . I saw an eagles flying with a snake in it bird beak, it was bring food for it babies. I just hope the cause can be found real soon and that is something that can be treated.
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
Reba
Retired Terp

Liked 211 Times in 105 Posts
I hope they find out what happened and how to protect the rest of the eagles, soon.
Reba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
Reba
Retired Terp

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdidyousay! View Post
I agree this very sad as DDT almost killed the eagles off and now this is happening . I bet is has to with all the oil spills and chemicals that being used today. Eagles eat fish and the ocean is just not clean anymore. The eagles are very important for the balance of nature too.
Utah is not near an ocean.
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
whatdidyousay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post
Utah is not near an ocean.
Eagles can fly great distance .
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #9
Reba
Retired Terp

Quote:
Eagles can fly great distance .
Yes, but they stay in their own territory. They don't migrate.
Unread 12-27-2013, 02:34 AM   #10
~SG~
Super Moderator

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's sad, hopefully the vets and scientists will find what's causing the death of Bald Eagles in Utah.
~SG~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #11
dogmom

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #12
sonocativo

Liked 62 Times in 33 Posts
There was a simular issue here years ago where Deer were dying off to a mysterious desease, 100's of thousands were just dropping off like flies. Then there was a desease killing off oak trees.... Mother nature is playing a key role in this as well.
Unread 12-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #13
Beowulf
Premium Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mother nature???
Bats and bees and frogs are also disappearing. Notice that the vanishing species are more suseptible to man-made poisons than the other species. I wouldn't be surprised to see mass extinctions within our lifetimes.
Unread 12-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #14
sonocativo

Deer and Oak trees were an act of nature... nothing to do with man made stuff. Bees were due to cell phone/tv towers using microwave...yes.... but they are still trying to determine the eagles and being it is all over and not just in one place my suspecion is it is not something man made and more of something natural.

I agree with you on mass extintion.... when the sun goes out, it will take us 8 minutes before we know it has already gone out, then we are doomed. Nothing lasts forever and it has been burning millions of years now.
Unread 12-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #15
whatdidyousay!

Quote:
Bald Eagle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some eagles do migrate .
Unread 12-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #16
whatdidyousay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
There was a simular issue here years ago where Deer were dying off to a mysterious desease, 100's of thousands were just dropping off like flies. Then there was a desease killing off oak trees.... Mother nature is playing a key role in this as well.
No Mother Nature is not going this. I would agree if the eagles got killed by a hurricane that Mother Nature had something to do with it. If there where an over population of eagle nature may try to balance it out, the eagles are almost dies out in the 60's from DDT that was being used so widespread so this very sad to see the eagles dying all over again. The DDT made the eggs weak so when the eagle sat on her eggs they would break before could hatch.
Unread 12-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #17
sonocativo

Quote:
No Mother Nature is not going this. I would agree if the eagles got killed by a hurricane that Mother Nature had something to do with it. If there where an over population of eagle nature may try to balance it out, the eagles are almost dies out in the 60's from DDT that was being used so widespread so this very sad to see the eagles dying all over again. The DDT made the eggs weak so when the eagle sat on her eggs they would break before could hatch.
ok wise up some, do some research before you go barking, its a natural occurance. Read up on the Deer issue years ago, the oak trees.... nothing to do with MAN ! I think whats going on with the eagles is natural because they have been protected for so long... HOW ABOUT BIRD FLU? Maybe the abundance of mosquitoes are taking a toll? Hmmm? Because there are more cases since the winters have been mild and the insect population is BOOMING ! Yes, its possible it could be something caused by man, but as scienctists say, they are not looking in one direction as they dont want to overlook anything. But you have to look back on other simular occurances, like the deer/oaks, there has also been man made disasters where seeds were coated and killed off alot of other birds as well that farmers were using. Being the Eagles are federally protected, I doubt its anything man made, The EPA would be all over that ( stuff is regulated as to whats allowed into what states and used for what porpouses) if its a Federally protected area due to eagles or other animals or even the area in general, its not allowed to be used. And being its not in just one area... well, Ill let common sense work its wonder for you.
Unread 12-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #18
sonocativo

Just for starters
Greencastle Banner-Graphic: Local News: Deer death toll nears 100 (08/30/12)
Unread 12-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #19
sonocativo

and further away....
Hundreds of Michigan deer may be dying in disease outbreak | Michigan Radio
Unread 12-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #20
sonocativo

Im not ruling out man made, but it sounds more of a natural cause. Like the deer, they just started dropping off, hunting was banned til it was under control. The Eagles, hopefully will stay healthy and overcome whatever it is soon.
Unread 12-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #21
whatdidyousay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
ok wise up some, do some research before you go barking, its a natural occurance. Read up on the Deer issue years ago, the oak trees.... nothing to do with MAN ! I think whats going on with the eagles is natural because they have been protected for so long... HOW ABOUT BIRD FLU? Maybe the abundance of mosquitoes are taking a toll? Hmmm? Because there are more cases since the winters have been mild and the insect population is BOOMING ! Yes, its possible it could be something caused by man, but as scienctists say, they are not looking in one direction as they dont want to overlook anything. But you have to look back on other simular occurances, like the deer/oaks, there has also been man made disasters where seeds were coated and killed off alot of other birds as well that farmers were using. Being the Eagles are federally protected, I doubt its anything man made, The EPA would be all over that ( stuff is regulated as to whats allowed into what states and used for what porpouses) if its a Federally protected area due to eagles or other animals or even the area in general, its not allowed to be used. And being its not in just one area... well, Ill let common sense work its wonder for you.
The EPA is a J OK E in my state. And there is nothing the EPA can do to stop oil spills from happening. I am entitled to have my own opinions and you can have your. You have way too much faith in the EPA.
Unread 12-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #22
Bebonang

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
I am thinking if there were just overpopulation of people as it is growing alarming at a rate that the overpopulation of people might disturb their habitats. Or it could be globe warming that might infect them just like the polar bears in the North. The climate is changing over the years. It just my guess that it could have happen to them. Bats had white nose diseases because of the people being in the cave (breathing on them). It is something in the air.

Gegiibishedjig (Deaf Person)

You speak to me on lip..
I don't speak..
I sign with you..
You gesture..
I can't hear you..
You can hear me..
You can see and I can see..
-Smell, Sense, Taste, Feel and See-
Was born with broken ears..
I was not perfect, but I am used to being happy and Deaf..
Bebonang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #23
KarissaMann05
Premium Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to KarissaMann05 Send a message via MSN to KarissaMann05 Send a message via Yahoo to KarissaMann05 Send a message via Skype™ to KarissaMann05
Quote:
I hope they find out what happened and how to protect the rest of the eagles, soon.
Me too!

Those bald eagles are too awesome to leave our home.

(Clickable Stamp)

Vampire is so overrated!
Let's swim with merfolks for some fun!

Psst, I do love cougars. *runs away*
KarissaMann05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #24
sonocativo

Quote:
The EPA is a J OK E in my state. And there is nothing the EPA can do to stop oil spills from happening. I am entitled to have my own opinions and you can have your. You have way too much faith in the EPA.
Yeah the EPA is a joke... if you have alot of money you can get away with just about anything right? Never said you couldnt voice your opinion or anything of that nature, I was just stating mine as you are yours. If it was man made it would have been ruled already, but since its not and has to be tested as long as it is already, they dont know what it is so, therefore telling me its something new or rare. No, I dont have faith in the EPA, I dealt with them for 15 years as well as with OSHA....You dont want to cross OSHA and I dont care how much money anyone has... OSHA is no joke, shame they dont work with the DNR !
Unread 12-31-2013, 04:43 AM   #25
ChicagoBlue2
Veteran Traveler

Liked 138 Times in 87 Posts
Quote:
IL has one of the largest Bald Eagle gatherings in the country-- they love it here. They live in the trees a good distance southwest of Chicago. You could find a bunch of them there.

Sent via Samsung Tab 3
ChicagoBlue2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #26
Jane B.

Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlue2 View Post
IL has one of the largest Bald Eagle gatherings in the country-- they love it here. They live in the trees a good distance southwest of Chicago. You could find a bunch of them there.
Further south but also along the Mississippi River St. Louis television also mentioned their return the other day. I think most are slightly north of St. Louis and close to Alton, Illinois.
Jane B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:57 AM   #27
sonocativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane B. View Post
Further south but also along the Mississippi River St. Louis television also mentioned their return the other day. I think most are slightly north of St. Louis and close to Alton, Illinois.
While I worked for the City of st. louis, My partner and I would eat lunch on the riverfront. We watched an eagle cath its prey and eat it, we got close to get cell phone pictures. Almost too close..lol But if I can find the pictures I will post a few up, Have to go through my flash drives for the 2009 year...lol
Unread 12-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #28
ChicagoBlue2
Veteran Traveler

Liked 138 Times in 87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane B. View Post
That's correct-- they live in the woods just north of Alton. It's a good place to see bald eagles in their natural habitat, but the Feds don't want anyone getting too close to there-- it's protected, I believe.

Sent via Samsung Tab 3
ChicagoBlue2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 08:17 AM   #29
Jane B.

Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
I have not been there but for years the Old Chain of Rocks Bridge has been a popular site. Here is some more information about it that came up when I Googled it: Prime perches for bald eagle watching in St. Louis
Jane B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #30
Beowulf
Premium Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The Lake of the Ozarks (in Missouri) will have an Eagle Watch Jan 4 & 5. I won't be there but I do have friends who will show me their pics and video. Cool.