Phonak CROC

VacationGuy234

Reaction score
I ordered the CROS for this Friday. The doctor says she thinks the sound coming from the CROS will mean I won't have to turn the aid up so there is no increase in power to the one I ordered. I also ordered the Icom instead of the new Smartlink. I'm not sure if bluetooth can carry the same quality sound. Amazingly, there is an even more powerful aid than mine so I have some leeway in the power department now.

Isn't the Phonak CROS for SSD only?

The iCom has a really short battery life and altho people still use it, the iCom is classed as old technology. Did you not order the ComPilot?

Isn't the Phonak CROS for SSD only?

The iCom has a really short battery life and altho people still use it, the iCom is classed as old technology. Did you not order the ComPilot?

Yes, it is the ComPilot, you are correct. Does it have a better battery life?

I've stepped up to a Nadia S IX from an A+ model.

Yes, I only have single sided deafness. Although, with the aids being so powerful now, I wonder if there would not be a hearing solution for that ear. I'm not sure if it is totally deaf or there is some residual hearing. In which case, an aid might be better for that ear. But, this is a long shot..

Yes, it is the ComPilot, you are correct. Does it have a better battery life?

I've stepped up to a Nadia S IX from an A+ model.

Yea way better battery life. You can stream music for 8 hours with the ComPilot. The iCom I believe can do 4 to 5 hours of music streaming.

I guess you are going to be using 2 x Naida S IX aids then? They are very good aids.

I love my Naidas. I have the Naida S IIIs and Naida S Vs and both are good but personally for me with a flat profound loss, I don't notice the improvement between the IIIs and the Vs.

I did have the ComPilot for a while but don't use it any more as it was driving me mad, not hearing anything on my left side so sold it on.

My left is worse and doesn't pick up speech but on my everyday program I pick up background noise equally and speech on my right side only.

Everytime I used the ComPilot, it would remain me how lopsided I am with speech.

I did have the ComPilot for a while but don't use it any more as it was driving me mad, not hearing anything on my left side so sold it on.

My left is worse and doesn't pick up speech but on my everyday program I pick up background noise equally and speech on my right side only.

Everytime I used the ComPilot, it would remain me how lopsided I am with speech.

How so? Can you not change it from mono to stereo?

It is stereo which is a good thing about the ComPilot. I just couldn't hear from it due to how my left ear hears :)

So, because it was stereo you couldn't hear both sides? What I do is switch my ipod to mono. Perhaps I should convert all my MP3's to mono.

So, because it was stereo you couldn't hear both sides? What I do is switch my ipod to mono. Perhaps I should convert all my MP3's to mono.

Are you only aiding one ear with the Naida? If you are then you are paying for the top of the range hearing aid that you won't be able to use half the features as half the features within thr IX can only work with 2 Naidas. You are wasting you money in away. You really need to get the Naida V.

ComPilot is only stereo.

Are you only aiding one ear with the Naida? If you are then you are paying for the top of the range hearing aid that you won't be able to use half the features as half the features within thr IX can only work with 2 Naidas. You are wasting you money in away. You really need to get the Naida V.

ComPilot is only stereo.

The DuoPhone feature seems to be for two ears. However the other features:

ZoomControl
Echoblock
Sound relax
voicezoom

All seem to be ear independent, is that correct?

In addition, I believe the new Nadia has more channels for better listening to music.

The DuoPhone feature seems to be for two ears. However the other features:

ZoomControl
Echoblock
Sound relax
voicezoom

All seem to be ear independent, is that correct?

In addition, I believe the new Nadia has more channels for better listening to music.

There is only 4 channel different between the Naida V and IX.

You won't be able to use zoom control as that needs 2 aids to work.

As there is so little different in the channels. People mainly get the Naida IXs for the Duophone and Zoom control features.

Yeah. I have the IX but only have 1 hearing aid so can't take advantage of the Zoom options.

I would like the zoom feature but since I have one UP and one SP it won't work either cuz they can't communicate with each other.

The Naida S Vs have the zoom (zoom backwards, left, right and forward) as well but on the S IXs, its automatic and on the S Vs, you have to do it manually via the myPilot.

I've never used any zoom features of the aids I have. Usually, my conversations are too short for using the zoom. My goal is to get more clarity and possibly better music. The forward and back zoom should still work if I need it I guess.

This CROS only interest me because it is wireless. My old hearing aids which had a wire mike were conspicuous for me.

I've never used any zoom features of the aids I have. Usually, my conversations are too short for using the zoom. My goal is to get more clarity and possibly better music. The forward and back zoom should still work if I need it I guess.

This CROS only interest me because it is wireless. My old hearing aids which had a wire mike were conspicuous for me.

The forward and backward zoom will not work at all, no matter what!

You will get voice zoom which is automatic on any of the Naidas. It's still good but not as good as that actual zooming on the Naida S IXs.

OK, the aid came in and I must say I do like it. It seems to me I can hear better with this aid. It's going to take a little bit because I've only had it for about four hours, but I do like it.

I'm wearing the CROS, but it is a behind the ear and I want an in there ear. It won't be as small as I would like, but I just feel better with an in the ear piece. Battery life will suffer, no question.

I Pilot is cool. It will take a little bit to figure out if I like it better than the smart link. In the office, it was definitely better. I need to test it in a real world environment.

Finally, I got a FM booth with the aid so I can still use my Smartlink. I don't expect to see any difference on that end because I didn't order a new Smartlink.

Bottom line, the aid does seem clearer.

On a plus note, if it makes any difference, I scored higher on speech this time than before. However, I feel this really depends on who is giving the test than actual hearing. You might hear one audi voice different than another, sadly.

The price tag is $6k, but with insurance and perhaps the company pitching in for the FM system, it's doable.

It seems the ComPilot only streams when it worn around your neck. Is anyone else having this issue. If I take the ComPilot off, it un-links itself from the aid. Does anyone have a stronger antenna? This is a disadvantage compared to the Smartlink which has a 30 ft antenna.

Back