TTY on a computer?

Kevin2

Reaction score
My small non-profit would like to have the capability to answer TTY calls.

Is there any software that will allow me to answer TTY calls from a computer? Probably with a TTY modem plugged into it?

We had a NexTalk modem and program. That worked fine, but they've stopped updating it, so it doesn't work with Windows 7.

Can someone tell me the names of any software programs you know about, to do TTY on a computer?

Thanks for any help anyone can give,
Kevin

I'll leave newer TTY programs to others because I have no knowledge.

However, let's see if we can get NexTalk to work on Windows 7 - right+click on NexTalk software (or something that you open to use NexTalk) and click properties. You should see "Compatility" on tab (top) - click on it.

Check on "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and pick Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

See if it works. I'm not sure if it would work, but it can't hurt trying.

Nextalk used to be my favorite program to make TDD calls!!! They stopped the program due to FCC issues. I thought this would be temporary but it's been a long time so I doubt it will ever return. I do not have a landline so I can't make TDD calls anymore. Luckily a lot of businesses have live chat or I use relay to call them.

There are still few businesses that have TDD line like the SS office, credit cards, or few others.

I know TDD is becoming obsolete just like typewriters and phone booths.

Anyone out there now of any alternative to Nextalk?

I don't think its FCC related issue, it is TTY itself already obsolete where nobody wants to invest in developing software for TTY. I still have TTY modem from Nextalk! It can be used as modem connecting to telephone wire. Its still collecting dust. :(

Nextalk used to be my favorite program to make TDD calls!!! They stopped the program due to FCC issues. I thought this would be temporary but it's been a long time so I doubt it will ever return. I do not have a landline so I can't make TDD calls anymore. Luckily a lot of businesses have live chat or I use relay to call them.

There are still few businesses that have TDD line like the SS office, credit cards, or few others.

I know TDD is becoming obsolete just like typewriters and phone booths.

Anyone out there now of any alternative to Nextalk?

Hi,
I live in Canada, and am looking for a tty relay program in Canada. I keep getting the government link when I ask, but there is no email for it just phone numbers. As I have no phone, that is ridiculous. Anyone know of anything that can help?
Thanks,
katyana

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 4th generation.)

have u tried www.ttycall.com? u can call tty online.

Nextalk is no longer in operations. I used Nextalk long time ago and it was awesome. Most federals use Nextalk in the past.

I found out Nextalk still works only for TDD calls. Not for relay anymore. I made a TDD call through Nextalk and it worked just fine like usual.

Back