my journey to a life without ocd and much more

I also will not tolerate any "wire hangers" in my home!

I don't have any wire hangers in my house too as well. I'm not a fan of them. Although I don't have it anywhere as bad as Joan Crawford. Haha.

I don't have OCD though. Just a quirk of mine.

I don't have any wire hangers in my house too as well. I'm not a fan of them. Although I don't have it anywhere as bad as Joan Crawford. Haha.

I don't have OCD though. Just a quirk of mine.

:giggle: :giggle: Can you tell me....what is it about those "wire hangars"??....All I can recall, as to when it started (with me) was about 20 years ago, when I had a very nice dress suit and hung it onto a wire hanger. When I went to retrieve it, it had rust spots on the suit.Since it was so expensive, I was so angry....a friend mentioned to me about plastic hangers, which I use to this day.....and several years ago, a relative came to stay with me for awhile (she was financially strapped), and all her clothes were on "wire hangars."....I told her that "absolutely, NO wire hangers allowed in my house"! :giggle: :giggle: She looked at me real funny....and we winded up going to Kmart and getting plastic hangers. They are pretty cheap anyway.

:giggle: :giggle: Can you tell me....what is it about those "wire hangars"??....All I can recall, as to when it started (with me) was about 20 years ago, when I had a very nice dress suit and hung it onto a wire hanger. When I went to retrieve it, it had rust spots on the suit.Since it was so expensive, I was so angry....a friend mentioned to me about plastic hangers, which I use to this day.....and several years ago, a relative came to stay with me for awhile (she was financially strapped), and all her clothes were on "wire hangars."....I told her that "absolutely, NO wire hangers allowed in my house"! :giggle: :giggle: She looked at me real funny....and we winded up going to Kmart and getting plastic hangers. They are pretty cheap anyway.

Yeah, plastic and wood hangers are the way to go. Wire hangers are filthy, and they do rust. Not to mention that they can damage your clothes while they are still wet. Plus they leave an unpleasant scent on your hands after touching them. Metallic scent, ugh.

My OCD is mostly organization. I have to have everything organized in a certain format and fashion and get frustrated when it's messed up. I literally cannot go into the kitchen cabinets that are MIL's. She just throws things in. All of my stuff is in a pantry cabinet and I have it all organized and all shelves are labeled. I labeled them so the family could help me not get stressed out. I am having issues now that are hard to deal with. Most of our belongings are still packed up in the garage, but I do have all of the boxes labeled with letters and numbers. The listing in in an excel file on the computer and also a hard-copy in a notebook in my file cabinet. My clothes have to be hung in a certain way and put in a specific order, same as the dresser drawers. My spices are alphabetized as are all of the DVD's and CD's. My books are alphabetized by author, but I have a listing of them as well as the DVD's and CD's just like the boxes in the garage.

I've been noticing that my son and daughter have been whispering a lot and not letting me into the garage. Daughter finally fessed up, hubby and son moved all the boxes around and nothing is organized anymore. Aargh!!

Another update , I now have a slight ocd which means very little struggle in life. I am near my old mind state before the ocd . Ocd sufferers , don't give up . Don't think it is unrecoverable.

Another update , I now have a slight ocd which means very little struggle in life. I am near my old mind state before the ocd . Ocd sufferers , don't give up . Don't think it is unrecoverable.

Good to hear that you have made such great progress!

I wish you luck. I struggle with OCD also. I also have OCPD which isnt to be confused with OCD.

Back