Poll: How concerned are you that we might be losing too many freedoms in this country

US: How concerned are you that we might be losing too many freedoms in this country?

• Very concerned...liberty is what this country was founded on

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Not very concerened since we will always stand up for freedom

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Too much freedom is dangerous and I want to be taken care of

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

yizuman

Reaction score
How concerned are you?

very mildly concerned :)

I feel the US govt has far too much control over its citizens.

If you guys were worried about your freedom...

To be honest, you guys lost it a long time ago. The lawyers sure got you guys by the balls now. I am not really worried about the government, but rather what another person can do to you in the legal system.

yeah, we lost our freedom. In fact, Just recently I read a news about how one private business invested his business for retirment and his children... and the court rule that it was ok to take his business and land and give it to another private business. He was pretty upset they can do this (he would have been fine if it was a public school or something). This private business that wanted to take his business is a hospital trying to grow a medical school (to become doctors) and add more clinics and parking spaces.

My aunt is upset that they want to build a road in their front yard because they want to a road that will lead to condos when they build it.
oh well.

The day they tell me that my private land is a public matter is when I lose my freedom. People love to put religious symbols and such on their house and land.

We already lost freedom here in America!

Thanks to stupid courts, lawmakers who allows complainers wins.

This is good example, I own a property here and I was supposed to have the freedom of what I want on my property yet neighbor complains and wins plus I lose. This is diguesting! I would understand if I do anything dangerous and can harm neighbor.

Also, I can't believe Obama have created 38 Czars, that means government now has more control over us. This is not working and does make worse and I can easily prove this; by saying to Uncle Sam.... congratulations! You got most prisoners population per capita in the world! You already destroyed freedom, and created unnecessary prohibitions, and laws. Too many innocent and non-involved citizens gets hurt or killed over crossfire just because you the Uncle Sam wants complete control.... LOSER, Uncle Sam!

Same goes to parents, I hate so-called experts leave us alone! I am tired of them telling us what we can do and what we can't do. I can easily prove this, we got too many out of control teenagers, this was caused by so called "expert" thinking parents are doing the wrong things, send them to prison, and so forth. We didn't have problems back in 1950's right? Sure, that is because "Experts" was not exist during that time. Again, Uncle Sam your loser!

I just wish that complainers and control freaks to STFU and get a life plus leave others alone. Plus true revamp of our government system, no more big governments! I hope GOP decided to limit terms for Senator and HR.

I didn't like the choices at all.

I am not the least bit concerned. I believe that we are guarenteed our freedoms by the Constitution and we are doing just fine.

But I also think that the "Free Market" needs a ton more regulation.

If you guys were worried about your freedom...

To be honest, you guys lost it a long time ago. The lawyers sure got you guys by the balls now. I am not really worried about the government, but rather what another person can do to you in the legal system.

Bingo.

I am not too concerned about the government; I am concerned about other people and how they manipulate the government to serve their own agenda (I speak primarily of large corporations in this sense.)

Bingo.

I am not too concerned about the government; I am concerned about other people and how they manipulate the government to serve their own agenda (I speak primarily of large corporations in this sense.)

And people wonders why I am more afraid of fascism than communism...

Bingo.

That's why I don't like national healthcare ... But this isn't about that.

But then again, I wouldn't want one man (or the elites) to have all the say so either. It's a complicated issue.

That's why I don't like national healthcare ... But this isn't about that.

But then again, I wouldn't want one man (or the elites) to have all the say so either. It's a complicated issue.

Actually, the current problem with healthcare is due to exactly the reason I mentioned. Insurance companies have been able manipulate the law to alarming degrees and get away with murder (literally!!). The free market cannot be expected to solve a problem that it already created.

Actually, the current problem with healthcare is due to exactly the reason I mentioned. Insurance companies have been able manipulate the law to alarming degrees and get away with murder (literally!!). The free market cannot be expected to solve a problem that it already created.

Bingo. It is not a complicated concept.

I think people havecome to have the wrong idea about what this civil freedom refers to.
The general implication in this kind of question refers to one's freedom as a citizen. You freedom to move about the country. Freedom to leave the country. Freedom to practice your faith. Freedom to establish a business.
Think of it in terms of other countries that do not allow thier citizens certain freedoms. Soviet Union of past....Cuba.....Iran and several islamic nations. Iran you are not allowed to protest.....China....Several African nations don't care squat.
It's not about every little example of freedom. We still have unique freedoms in comparison. And these are the ones it refers to in general sense.

I think we have lost way too many freedoms and basic rights. And we are going to lose more unless the citizens of this great country starts standing up and saying hell no, we are taking back what is our rights. Many people are complaining currently about having Christ in Christmas * dumb I know* but yet they are doing it.

How hard would it be for them to win this and get Christ out of the word Christmas? First of all, we have already let people dictate where and when any allusion to a certain faith is allowed.

We have allowed people to basically tell us what we should or shouldnt do with our own properties. We allow for the government to declare eminent domain over our properties.
We allow for people to force upon us that we should accept other languages other than our own. We allow for the government to intrude upon our daily lives as much as they can possibly get away with and sometimes even that-that they shouldnt get away with.

We have allowed for this great country to become over run by big business. We have allowed big business to have more of a voice in this country than the citizens of this county have. Who wants a nuclear power plant in their backyard? Yet who wins these things? The answer big business because they have the bucks and the power.

We forget that the true power in this country is standing as one. The American people have a bigger voice as one than ANY business, court system or government will ever have.

So in answer to your questionm, we are not only giving away our basic rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. But we are also giving away too many of our freedoms.

Back