Black pastors bash NAACP for endorsing gay marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reba, if it's so clear that GLB realtionships are a "sin" then how come there are MAINLINE Christian churches that are accepting it? Times are changing....and 40 years ago I have a feeling there were many many simlair conversations between pro interracial marriage people and people who were against it.

Well I am not going to go into the bible stuff since it is against the rules. If you are truly seeking answers to these questions I suggest you read Timothy..... What's going on now with those churches was predicted.

Well I am not going to go into the bible stuff since it is against the rules. If you are truly seeking answers to these questions I suggest you read Timothy..... What's going on now with those churches was predicted.

Wow, I thought you come back for talk to me. :lol: :wave:

Why are you even mentioning interracial marriages? The Bible doesn't say there's anything wrong with interracial marriages, and neither do I. So?

The Bible very definitely says that a believer should not marry an unbeliever.

The Bible very clearly states that marriage is for one man and one woman. Also according to the Bible, any sexual relationship outside of the marriage of that one man and that one woman is sin.

Actually Reba, back only about 40 years ago, interracial marriages were seen as a sin, and this was MAINLINE thinking. Heck, it was very accepted in the South.It was the basis of why interacial marraige was illegal....and there are STILL a lot of conservative churches that see interacial marriages as something not exactly desirable. I know that's hard for you to belive, but it's true!

Yes, slavery, segregation etc were supported by the CONSERVATIVE churches! It was a MAINLINE thinking. It wasn't just a few churches...which is proof that thinking on things like that EVOLVES...........Just like thinking and acceptance on gay marriage will evolve!!!!
If people can "evolve" their own beliefs then the Bible isn't involved at all. Of course, that's the point.

Sadly, very often it is the majority that is wrong, especially in moral issues.

You better check your history. It was "mainline" churches of the American North and England that were anti-slavery, in words and actions.

The Bible is very very very old and was written by ancient men.

i like to point out that i do full support reba , behind for my church , we will not follow the worldly wish , but mainly we will follow what God wish

Say NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO at her.

Go sit and talk with grandma, just between grandma and granddaughter. :lol:
I think you're losing it late at night. I think I'm about to lose it and fall asleep at the keyboard. :dizzy:

I think you're losing it late at night. I think I'm about to lose it and fall asleep at the keyboard. :dizzy:

Ok, don't let girl being hard on you.

Good night. :)

Why are you even mentioning interracial marriages? The Bible doesn't say there's anything wrong with interracial marriages, and neither do I. So?

The Bible very clearly states that marriage is for one man and one woman. Also according to the Bible, any sexual relationship outside of the marriage of that one man and that one woman is sin.

Maybe. Or Maybe not.

I disagree with you and do you know why? because we have different views about marriage.

For me, the marriage is just for love.

For marriage laws, it is up to states.

If marriage is just for love....as you say... what is the point of a license?

If people can "evolve" their own beliefs then the Bible isn't involved at all. Of course, that's the point.

Sadly, very often it is the majority that is wrong, especially in moral issues.

You better check your history. It was "mainline" churches of the American North and England that were anti-slavery, in words and actions.

Were they? Or were they preaching the "Sons of Hamm"?

Just because something "progresses" doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Cancer progresses. Decay progresses. Corruption progresses.

Sometimes regression is good. When cancer regresses, that's a good thing.
yes I agree. the cancer of the humanity... like bigotry and ignorance

the more humanity progresses, the less regressive cancer is. we surely did come a long way in short time where people like Galileo Galilei get punished for questioning Church and God over things that are easily scientifically explained.

The law that marriage is between one man and one woman applies to everyone. Why is that hard to understand?
whose law? Church? sorry but this is not a Christian nation.

What is wrong with same sex civil unions?
that's what gay marriage is

I know, I know ... its not the same thing .... well, of course it isn't, same sex committed relationships is not a marriage - it isn't the same thing.

Let me ask this. Suppose it becomes Federal Law that Same Sex couples can marry. Suppose a same sex couple decides they want to marry in a church. Suppose the pastor of the church denies the marriage based on religious convictions - will the same sex couple then cry "discrimination"?

You can bet the farm they will.
has that ever happened?

because Church used to forbid interracial marriages and refused to marry interracial couples.

as you said.... Bible is infallible but human's understanding of it is fallible.

Alot of gay people including lesbians have a great sense of humor.

yea imagine how much easier this country would be if we were as open-minded as they are... there would be much less cases of discrimination, bigotry, ignorance, racism, etc.

But it specificly says that in the Bible. Also Jesus NEVER EVER said anything about GLB realtionships being right or wrong. Neither did he say anything about interracial marriages, marriages between a believer and a non believer and many many others.

"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's"......Jesus Christ

All authors were men, not women. Right? Obviously at those times the women were not treated equally.
Just because God used men in the writing of the Bible doesn't mean women were treated unequally by Him. That's a false analogy. Also, any mistreatment of women was the result of men NOT obeying God's laws, and the men suffered when they disobeyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back