Halloween or none Halloween?

zerodog

Reaction score
I remember all my fond memories expecting this today. I don't see any Halloween this month because not much scary movie or television?

It just make me wonder where Halloween traditional of spooky entertainment. I wonder do you see many Halloween in your town? I am not speaking about haunting house or hay ride. I am talking about decorating on their home or movie or hospital or anything...

Anything notice?:hmm:

Not much here. A couple of houses have leaf bags with Halloween design in yards but that is about all.

My neighborhood has many front yards and houses decorated for Halloween. Some families have been setting up their decorations for weeks. One neighbor turns their entire front yard into a cemetery, complete with a fence and arched "stone" entrance.

I don't decorate for Halloween but I put out autumn decorations.

Halloween was invented as an excuse for kids to get free candy. ;)

im not too ready for halloween but im too old to fit costumes..When i was little girl i went to trick or treat with my old childhood friend and in middle&high school have party dont have trick or treat..

When i have on my own kids somedays i can put my kids have halloween taking trick or treat its would be fun!!

mmm but aren't your childhood isn't the same as today? Such as creepy exciting and scary all the same time but today isn't that spirit of Halloween.

I sort of miss that time...

I use pumpkin spice/autumn fragrance oil for my office here and there around the house. Love that smell --- very sweet scent. Yup, I use tealights for pumpkin spice/autumn fragrance oil. ;)

The next thing I know -- I save some for Christmas, too. :lol: But, not that pumpkin spice or autumn ones. Plan to get "Mountain Pine" and "Snow Berry" fragrance oils for Christmas -- to add an extra with the tealight candles. Gotta love it! :P

The only halloween tradition most people seem to do here is carve pumpkins and trick or treat

In my neighborhood, seem to be more spirit for halloween. I think because we have many kids around here. Children schools are not that far from our home. Our house have several halloween decorations, and about 8 pumpkins outside in front of our house. A few daycares, fire depts, parks, and certain stores do provide halloween events for kids to come.

I am glad to see that there is not fading out with halloween spirits here. :)

I may have to buy a punkin just for the seeds. I like to lighlty margerine a cookiepan and put clean seeds on it and salt liberally then roast the seeds. Stir seeds over for a bit, more salt and roast. Better than packaged.

Not very much in our neighborhood either, but I decorated our yard the first week of October. Love the autumn fragrance candles too, and have several that I light on the w'ends. Xmas is mainly what I look forward to!

Not much in my neighborhood either, so far I only seen one house that has a graveyard decorations on their front yard with some zombie, It looks like the Addams Family home. :lol: That's all I've seen around here in my neighborhood. Maybe some will start their decorations next week before Halloween. Who knows. :dunno:

There is a house across the street from me that goes all out. Orange lights strung everywhere, and many, many pumpkins and corn stocks, and figurines. Most people don't go that far with it in my town, but most everyone has some sort of decoration, even if it is just a jack-o-lantern on the porch.

I may have to buy a punkin just for the seeds. I like to lighlty margerine a cookiepan and put clean seeds on it and salt liberally then roast the seeds. Stir seeds over for a bit, more salt and roast. Better than packaged.

Yep. My son and I always roasted the seeds after we carved the jack-o-lantern. I love to snack on them.

moderate amount of decoration around in my neighborhood, but we get very few kids, which is just fine - last year maybe we had two.

seems like when I was kid and doing the Trick &Treat in late 70's/80's it was more festive and there was a LOT more people.

different areas of city have various degree of decoration.

but I LOVE pumpkin pie and also enjoy roasted pumpkin seeds

I dont decorate any halloween this year, time really flies. I did not have a time to decoration then put them away.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are around in the corner. Yikes ! :shock:

Back