Moved to Reno, any other Deaf here?

soutthpaw

Reaction score
Like it says, just moved here from Colorado and would like to meet any other Deaf or hearing that know ASL in the area. Just trying to make some new friends... Please no offers to attend your church. I am an Atheist...

I just happened to run into three Deaf guys at "The Little Waldorf" (akaThe Wall), which is across the street and a little north of UNR. Spent a couple of hours just drinking and talking and laughing. I'm sure if you check out www.deaf.meetup.com/cities/us/nv/reno you will be able to meet people and build some great friendships! I wish you well. I lived there from 2004 right up until I left for medical school in 2011. It's a nice place. All-You-Can-Eat Sushi for ~ $20+/-, great culture and museums, excellent mountain biking up on Peavine, great hiking on Chickadee Ridge over by Mt. Rose, and about a dozen ski resorts all within an hour of Reno, plus in the summer you're only about 2.5 hours from Napa/Sonoma and 3 hours to The Bay Area. If you have any questions, reach out to me, I'd be happy to answer anything I can!

Back