Headphone for hearing aid users

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=119744

I am posting my link regarding my DAIs that I use and I use them very often to listen to music when I work out. They work extremely well and I really like them. Yes you will have to buy the boots and wire and then take them to your audiologist to have them programmed to your hearing aids. You will never get a better quality sound than using DAIs.

The wire has a 2.5mm jack. You can plug it into your PC, Ipod, Ipad, TV, anything that has a 2.5mm outlet.

To add onto RisinDragon's post--

I also have DAI-- used it since I had the Widex (I've forgotten which model now)then the two Oticons (Sumo DM and currently Chili).

You can either order boots and the cord from your audio (now it's more expensive to go through them :P) or through some websites online (the cords I now have I ordered through a UK site lol). You definitely need to be sure that your hearing aids has the proper program set- better this way than just trying your T-Coil.

Can't really answer the FM questions- but I don't think there is a way to have an FM without an actual FM system of some sort. Not sure how you were able to 'pick up' music- did you have your FM system plugged in at the time? Sometimes they can pick up external sounds quite a bit away so wondering if somebody had a radio or boombox or even iPod on without earphones.

This would be a great thing for someone to come with , headphones that are made for people that wear hearing aids.

Thanks everyone. going to look into DAI's and when it comes time to buy a new hearing aid, maybe bluetooth hearing aids!

Halo hearing aids are Bluetooth capable and can be used with music. I use Beats by Dre earbud headphones cause they are loud and clear.

Back