Is there a recommended service of writing (transcription) phone talks?

Lilach

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a profound hard of hearing (almost deaf) scientist from Israel.
In my new job, I have to participate a in conference Skype calls with several US scientists (which are well hearing and want to talk by phone. They do not have the patience to write chats).

I thought that maybe I can do that by paying to someone that hears well and can participate in the Skype conference calls and just write everything said in the chat window, so I can read. But this should be someone from the US, that knows well English, and even better if s/he knows also some Biology to understand the professional words.
My university may pay for such a service, if it is available.
I may have such conference calls several times per month. Most calls will be with the west coast countries (Washington, California, etc), so it is better to get such a service from a company in the west coast, that will give service in their working hours.

I do not know the signing language, so need the trsanslation in writing.

Does anyone here knows about such a service?
It will realy help me a lot!

Thanks in advance,
Lilach.

If you do not find a service, I would be happy to see if I could help you out. I am deaf but hear great now with cochlear and hearing aid and live in U.S. I am also a scientist in the immunology field and would be very comfortable writing these things out.

Back