Parent go jail for kid become obese

zerodog

Reaction score
It is interesting to know that we have some child's protect or some kind of law that parent can go jail for cause kid obese.

I kind support of that part because parent is responsible to raise the kid and not let kid decide what to do. Parent is their guide and kid can make right choice, not the wrong choice.

Read the link, some reason my computer couldn't let me copy and paste that moment.:roll:

Mother of 555-Pound Boy Speaks

That's the first time I've heard of something like that. Arrested for letting her son become that obese, that's interesting....things are going out of control today. :roll:

One of the reasons they arrested her is because it actually looks like child abuse.

children need to know better abt their diets and stuff and they cant be taught by themselves all the time...need a parent or a guardian to teach them something between rights and wrongs depending on the situation. I know she was not a perfect mother and she loves her son dearly, but she need to do something better than that. Taking fast food like everyday isn't the answer.

He is 15 years old and already at 555 lbs! only 15! That's definitely not good at all.

He WILL die from such weight like that...he needs more supervision on what he eats.

One of the reasons they arrested her is because it actually looks like child abuse.

children need to know better abt their diets and stuff and they cant be taught by themselves all the time...need a parent or a guardian to teach them something between rights and wrongs depending on the situation. I know she was not a perfect mother and she loves her son dearly, but she need to do something better than that. Taking fast food like everyday isn't the answer.

He is 15 years old and already at 555 lbs! only 15! That's definitely not good at all.

He WILL die from such weight like that...he needs more supervision on what he eats.

They call it medical neglect.

The Mother chose not to get medical attention, due to she stated she can not afford it. :hmm:

The boy did not get all that food on his own. Some one had to purchase it.

I also wonder if the boy has some thyroid problems.

Something obviously needed to be done. Due to the health risk. Since the mother has not taken the measures to take her son to the Doctors. And she also Fled with the boy once!

So I do understand the state taking custody of the child due to the Mother is still a flight risk.

The Mother chose not to get medical attention, due to she stated she can not afford it. :hmm:

The boy did not get all that food on his own. Some one had to purchase it.

I also wonder if the boy has some thyroid problems.

Something obviously needed to be done. Due to the health risk. Since the mother has not taken the measures to take her son to the Doctors. And she also Fled with the boy once!

So I do understand the state taking custody of the child due to the Mother is still a flight risk.

Or Prader-Willis.... or Cushing's Syndrome.

Why isn't he outside playing with friends? That way he would have been slim.

The mother said she was too busy with work to prepare low fat foods...

NO EXCUSES!

It does not take a lot of time to prepare a simple salad. Stop at the grocery store for two minutes and grab a bag of salad and some low fat dressing and go home and toss the salad into a bowl and put a bit of the low fat dressing on it and give it to her son. Wouldn't take more than 5 minutes to prepare. Really not that hard! Oh yeah, and she needs to put locks on her food cabinets, the food pantry and the fridge and freezer!

Also the son needs to have his thyroid checked and if there is a problem he needs to go on medication as well as a exercise and diet program/regime!

The mother said she didn't have money for a exercise program...well...you don't need a fancy exercise program, all you need is your legs and the road...her son needs to get off his ass and start walking several blocks everyday! His mother could give him chores to do that will require physical body movements such as raking the leaves, mopping the kitchen floor, etc, any chores that can burn calories will do...none of that costs money, not a penny...all his mother has to do is be creative! And then when the kid gets down to a much lower weight that can handle more rigorous activities then he could start seeking odd jobs such as mowing lawns etc...those activities will burn plenty of calories! I have heard of one boy who was incredibly obese until one summer he got an job mowing lawns for rich people and by the end of the summer he was skinny from all the exercise from the lawns he was mowing (and nope, he used a traditional lawn mower not a riding mower (a push lawn mower!) AND he got PAID WELL to mow the lawns too, which would be a bonus! He could go swimming at the local pool, that won't cost much money either. He just needs to get off his ass, get away from the computer and the TV and go OUTSIDE and play! Play catch, basketball, street football and hockey, etc... Take the computer and the TV out of his bedroom, and make him go outside!

I hate it when mothers make excuses for why they have 3 years old children who are 300 LBs.

The creativity of a exercise regime is endless...plenty of shit to do. All you need is your brain and your legs and body and the pavement!

Something is not right with this parent/child relationship.

Could this be Munchausen by Proxy? The mom purposely giving this kid the medical condition?

The mom says that her son needs her. Does she enable to keep this kid totally dependent on her to meet her own emotional needs?

Time to call in a shrink!

Something is not right with this parent/child relationship.

Could this be Munchausen by Proxy? The mom purposely giving this kid the medical condition?

The mom says that her son needs her. Does she enable to keep this kid totally dependent on her to meet her own emotional needs?

Time to call in a shrink!

You know, I was also questioning that. I have heard of some cases where the mother/father tends to latch on their kids for his/her emotional needs rather than the kids latching on their parents for the kid's emotional needs.

In this case - I am not sure what to say about this because the article did not exactly provide a lot of in-depth information. I do think it is a bit extreme for the kid to weight that much but on the other hand, the article states that the mother was not home a lot of the time. If that's the case - then it is possible that the boy chowed it down on his own while the mother was not around? :dunno:

The article also states -

Gray, released from jail Monday on $50,000 bond, says she does not have enough money to get her son the treatment he needs.

I can understand the financial issues but certainly that should not be used as an excuse because there are more than a lot of ample programs out there that will provide the needs for a treatment for those who could not bear those financial needs to pay for a treatment.

I heard of a case where a girl was taken away from he mother as the girl wass way too fat! The mother was told to help her child lose weight, but failed to do so! So her child was taken away, I am not sure what happen that the end .

Oh my gosh! That's not right! I agree with Lucia's good post! How about the babies and children with obese forced by parents feed them too much? The parents should be charge of medical neglect. In my thought about the cats and dogs with obese forced by owner feed them too much. They should be charge of medical neglect and cruel on animal same as human.

Oh my gosh! That's not right! I agree with Lucia's good post! How about the babies and children with obese forced by parents feed them too much? The parents should be charge of medical neglect. In my thought about the cats and dogs with obese forced by owner feed them too much. They should be charge of medical neglect and cruel on animal same as human.

I had two dogs - the female one loved to eat while the male one was picking his food. I had to watch them to make sure the female dog doesn't steal from the male dog. Once I had to hand them over to my ex's relative when I go on a vacation. I told her to watch the female dog but she didn't. When I got home, I have a very fat dog and very skinny dog. When I moved back with my mother, my mother loves dogs and would give them treats too often. Both dogs got fat. So when you see a fat dog, don't always assume that the owner is at fault.

That mother doesn't seem too skinny herself. Maybe her son's obesity has something to do with her inability to get rid of her own? Either way, I feel really sorry for them both. :(

most kids don't even eat that much. You can keep an open jar of cookies, and some kids rarely eat it. I still have halloween candies laying around from last year. sugar isn't the only thing that make people fat

She is just one of the unlucky whose son that have an eating disorder.

She could have other children to feed. she just can't stop buying food and starve them just because he eats alot (people with eating disorder tend to sneak and steal food) . Nope, I can see her keep supplying the pantry so other can eat, and because of that, . If he is sneaking food when she is trying to feed her other kids, does that make her a horrible mom? If she lock her food pantry, they'll think she is neglecting them.

honestly, I don't think she can do that much for him other than send him to a clinical care.

I think our biggest problem is lack of exercise

It is simply a lack of proper parenting! I think they BOTH need to be put on a diet and a registered dietician can decide when and what they will eat.

Here's a good quote:

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

In that case, the mother should be teaching the kids how to make their own food.

I had two dogs - the female one loved to eat while the male one was picking his food. I had to watch them to make sure the female dog doesn't steal from the male dog. Once I had to hand them over to my ex's relative when I go on a vacation. I told her to watch the female dog but she didn't. When I got home, I have a very fat dog and very skinny dog. When I moved back with my mother, my mother loves dogs and would give them treats too often. Both dogs got fat. So when you see a fat dog, don't always assume that the owner is at fault.

I want you to check the link from UK News. I've had watch TV of Animal Planet channel Obese dogs in England. New laws target owners of obese dogs - Telegraph

Back