Should I Give Up Coffee?

Doug5

Reaction score
Ive been drinking it like a fiend since going from 200mg of morphine a day to 15mg(plan on quitting morphine too)

How long does caffeine withdrawel symptoms last? Week? Month?

Ive been trying to just have it in the morning but I end up caving and drinking more through out the day

I would rather have some input from people who have experience quitting caffiene.

I did ask my doc and she shrugged her shoulders and told me to schedule another appointment

Its seems to be affecting my sleep.

I read that caffiene can contribute to belly fat and type 2 diabetes.

I want to see what its like to not be physically dependent on it. I didnt start drinking coffee until working a 3rd shift job

Try using half decaffeinated coffee and regular coffee and slowly cut down to only decaffeinated coffee , then cut down on that . I would not try to go cold turkey, you will be too jumpy . That is how I would do it. I can't drink regular coffee , I have to use half regular coffee and half decaffeinated coffee.
Good luck!

Its seems to be affecting my sleep.

I read that caffiene can contribute to belly fat and type 2 diabetes.

I want to see what its like to not be physically dependent on it. I didnt start drinking coffee until working a 3rd shift job

stop drinking crappy coffee loaded with sugar and crap

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Moderate use is safe. Add milk or cream for nutritional value. If you use half regular and half decaf, you can cut down the caffeine (and drink more!). If you can afford it, organic is best to avoid additional chemicals.

stop drinking crappy coffee loaded with sugar and crap

what coffee do you recommend? Coffee pot broke, so Ive been going to Starbux

Im down to adding 1 raw sugar and 2% milk.

Had the morning coffee now Im craving another one :P

I would rather have some input from people who have experience quitting caffiene.

I did ask my doc and she shrugged her shoulders and told me to schedule another appointment

I once quit coffee AND sugar at the same time, cold turkey. Was completely woozy for two days as my body went through detox then was fine after that, didn't crave coffee anymore.

the problem with quitting coffee suddenly is that you will get a big coffee withdrawal headache (caffeine opens up your capillaries, which is why it's recommended for asthma attack as an emergency procedure). But this will only last a couple of days as your body re-adjusts.

I dont drink coffee. However, I drank pop,Mt. Dew for over 20 yrs. I quit cold turkey over a yr ago and lemme tell ya, I feel much better and my sleep is better than ever.

Caffeine withdrawal last 3 days. I mean, it is really easy to quit. Those 3 nights, I just crashed when I went to bed. :lol: I was just tired for 3 straight days.

When I wake up in mornings, takes me forever to wake up. when you drink caffeine soda or coffee in mornin', you awake in 10 minutes. :lol:

Today, with my meals, I drink water. At fast food restaurants, I drink sprite. (Well, most of time. :giggle:)

I think caffeine is just bad as cocaine.

Wirelessly posted

DeafTim said:

I dont drink coffee. However, I drank pop,Mt. Dew for over 20 yrs. I quit cold turkey over a yr ago and lemme tell ya, I feel much better and my sleep is better than ever.

Caffeine withdrawal last 3 days. I mean, it is really easy to quit. Those 3 nights, I just crashed when I went to bed. :lol: I was just tired for 3 straight days.

When I wake up in mornings, takes me forever to wake up. when you drink caffeine soda or coffee in mornin', you awake in 10 minutes. :lol:

Today, with my meals, I drink water. At fast food restaurants, I drink sprite. (Well, most of time. :giggle:)

I think caffeine is just bad as cocaine.

That's awesome! Glad you kicked the caffeine habit and you feel better. I am addicted to coffee lol

Doesn't sound like your doctor is too concerned about the coffee. It would be best to taper down slowly, adding more decaf each morning. You can quit cold turkey but you'll have a headache and be cranky. lol Let us know how it goes.

I am quit on coffee cause your hyper serious not good health your high on your too much sugar and addiction sugar bad your health habit,!

Doesn't sound like your doctor is too concerned about the coffee. It would be best to taper down slowly, adding more decaf each morning. You can quit cold turkey but you'll have a headache and be cranky. lol Let us know how it goes.

I said this too. you will save $$$ too! The cost of coffee is getting really high!

Back