Deaf mom and dad hearing baby

kaywolflover

Reaction score
My baby is hearing we are both deaf what should we do at night or any day really if he cry we won't hear it

- I love zombie -

Simple... just be parents is all you needed. These alert devices... IMHO is waste of money, at least VR paid for ourselves and we end up never use it and it becomes annoying really.

The reason is because each crying is different, its more difficult for Deafies to recognize the types of crying, these alert does not tell you why baby is crying so it is moot point really. Hence why I said just be parents is all needed. Another reason is only need up to 1 year, that is it and after that your kid will come to you whenever they need.

My experience, first son did cry few times during night, and my second son, never cry during night just simply slept though the night without any hitch. Yeah, second son was the easiest baby we had to deal with.

I got two boys, and no more kids for me! Wish you best of luck and I believe you will be doing fine.

Last edited:
Get a hearing dog that trained to alert you when your baby is crying. I tried to get a hearing dog and I was told by the place I called they wanted to give their dogs to deaf and hoh parents that had babies . I was not a mom at the time.

I wish they had had those cry signalers when I had babies. One night my daughter got her leg stuck in the crib bars, and we didn't hear her cry.

Her leg swelled and I took her to the emergency room. She was fine, no lasting damage, but I have always felt really bad about it.

I wish they had had those cry signalers when I had babies. One night my daughter got her leg stuck in the crib bars, and we didn't hear her cry.

Her leg swelled and I took her to the emergency room. She was fine, no lasting damage, but I have always felt really bad about it.

Ditto, Botti....I slept with my baby (hubby worked at night)....and she somehow rolled over between the mattress and the wall and fell in....I did not hear her crying...good thing that I woke up feeling something wasn't right...and found her. Her face was "beet red" from crying...but otherwise, she was unhurt....After that I made sure the mattress was against the wall...

A hearing dog will wake you up a lot faster , there is nothing like having a 50 lbs. dog pushing you with his nose or paw to wake you up . They are trained to jump on your bed too if you want.

I pretended I was deaf when my kids were crying. I could out wait my wife every time. Next day I'd be like "Nope. Never heard them ". I had to get up early for work. Wait. So did she. Oops.

Either a hearing dog or a baby cry signaler would work- depends on your situation- where you live, if anyone is allergic to dogs and if you can afford to have/care for a dog (food, vet etc).

Don't know about the cost of the signaler/alert systems or it 'being a waste of money'- You could always donate it to a deaf organization or something similar or sell it.

In the end it's your choice which to go with and what will work best with your life situation/environment. :)

was hearing when had first child second child I was deaf I was coming to terms with it all so social service gave me help.....that period of life not happy for me but if I could do it you will

Either a hearing dog or a baby cry signaler would work- depends on your situation- where you live, if anyone is allergic to dogs and if you can afford to have/care for a dog (food, vet etc).

Don't know about the cost of the signaler/alert systems or it 'being a waste of money'- You could always donate it to a deaf organization or something similar or sell it.

In the end it's your choice which to go with and what will work best with your life situation/environment. :)

You could get a discount on vet bills with some vets. I did , I went to one vet that had sign up in his office saying he gave discounts to service dogs from NEADS which was where Finlay came from . That vet dies and I found another o another that gave discount too plus my dog had insurance for service dogs and he was a poodle so people that allergic to dogs were OK around him.

you're a teen mom and you have a deaf husband? I thought you were lonely and bullied?

Back