25 uncommon dog breeds

:wave::ty: for posting Derek!

I thought it was fascinating too. I know of most of them but there are many I rarely see. A few I never heard of.
We have a few people with the little Valhunds coming into the store; they are becoming more common in my area.
At the Nat. Rottie Specialty last year <it happened to be very close to where we live>, one of the people showing or handling also had with her one of the Peruvian Hairless dogs, a bitch. We got to pet her, very interesting skin!

The Swissy <Swiss Mountain> and the Dutchie <Dutch Shepherd> are two breeds I'm personally interested in - you may know too that the Swissy and the Rottie are similar in temperament and purpose.

Some guy has a Berger Picard , I see them walking around the duck pond .
I did not know what kind of dog it was , but I do now.

So far I've only seen those in shows.

I admit that when I see that breed name I think of Patrick Stewart....<Captain Picard> hehe...

The person who created this slideshow is an absolute idiot.

2 of the "so called dogs"

Are not freaking dogs! Hyena and African Wild Dog are no where near the

Dog we know

Canis lupus familiaris AKA the domestic dog.

hyenas are not even in the genus canis. Theyre more related to felines believe it or not

African wild dogs are also in different category! Lycaon pictus

Totally lost my seal of approval.

True, I saw that about Hyena are not domesticated dogs at all. I thought that was strange there but the others are actual breeds and overall I thought some of the information on -those - was interesting.

True, I saw that about Hyena are not domesticated dogs at all. I thought that was strange there but the others are actual breeds and overall I thought some of the information on -those - was interesting.

Dont forget the 2nd error besides the hyena

African wild dog is not domesticated dog or in the dog category in scientific classification. The dog is more related to the wolves. That african wild dog is in a different category away from the wolves

yeah, true, Kai Orca-

caz, wish I could offer sugestions to help, I'm not technical at all...or did you get it to work now?

Caz it spammed my ipad/froze it up but when I used librarys computer it went fine. Try a different platform

Even though hyenas aren't dogs, I find it interesting that they have a 25 year lifespan in the wild.

:wave:Botti!

i didn't know this, wow!
i did read somewhere that both males and females have *****es.

Back