VP Debate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still :applause: Palin for doin' her good job!

What good job would that be? In the debate?

I didn't get a chance to watch the whole VP debate on the TV. I was in the middle of watching it and had unexpected company to stop by, so I missed the last 1/2 of the VP debate.

Anyway, I found it interesting that Palin was talking about the $5,000 tax credit for the health care. That is where I disagreed on her part.

If I am a person without health insurance for myself and my family, and the low average price of a family health care plan is 12,000 a year, and McCain gives me a 5,000 tax credit (that may or may not result in an actual 5,000 return after taxes) then how in the hell am I supposed to afford a 12,000 health care plan?

The health care system and health care insurance system are not unlike the current market crises. The market is broken (mainly due to the home lending / foreclosure issue and the government is now trying to bail the market out). But people better pay as much attention to the health care system as it to is running amok like the cost of housing and like a runaway freight train. If this issue is not taken just as seriously as the market collapse and corrected just as quickly more and more people are not going to be able to afford health care (even those with insurance that now have high plan deductibles that employers are no longer willing to fund or carry).

The health care problem is just as big as the current market collapse. Yet McCain thinks a 5,000 tax credit will solve the problem. That's like telling Wall Street we will bail you out, we'll give you a 5,000 loan.

I didn't get a chance to watch the whole VP debate on the TV. I was in the middle of watching it and had unexpected company to stop by, so I missed the last 1/2 of the VP debate.

Anyway, I found it interesting that Palin was talking about the $5,000 tax credit for the health care. That is where I disagreed on her part.

If I am a person without health insurance for myself and my family, and the low average price of a family health care plan is 12,000 a year, and McCain gives me a 5,000 tax credit (that may or may not result in an actual 5,000 return after taxes) then how in the hell am I supposed to afford a 12,000 health care plan?

The health care system and health care insurance system are not unlike the current market crises. The market is broken (mainly due to the home lending / foreclosure issue and the government is now trying to bail the market out). But people better pay as much attention to the health care system as it to is running amok like the cost of housing and like a runaway freight train. If this issue is not taken just as seriously as the market collapse and corrected just as quickly more and more people are not going to be able to afford health care (even those with insurance that now have high plan deductibles that employers are no longer willing to fund or carry).

The health care problem is just as big as the current market collapse. Yet McCain thinks a 5,000 tax credit will solve the problem. That's like telling Wall Street we will bail you out, we'll give you a 5,000 loan.

And she failed to mention that the $5000 does not go to the individual, but directly to the insurance companies. That supports the insurance company, not the taxpayer.

And she failed to mention that the $5000 does not go to the individual, but directly to the insurance companies. That supports the insurance company, not the taxpayer.

Yeah, and here I am thinking, the taxpayers has done a lot for this country - This is what we get? It just looks like a major screw-up.

Palin may have held up her end in the debate but it was just not good enough because she kept going back to the energy topic. She did not directly answer the moderator's questions. Granted, She was groomed with a lot of information but in the end, she just could not refute it well enough. There are a lot of things that just did not add up to it.

Yeah, and here I am thinking, the taxpayers has done a lot for this country - This is what we get? It just looks like a major screw-up.

Palin may have held up her end in the debate but it was just not good enough because she kept going back to the energy topic. She did not directly answer the moderator's questions. Granted, She was groomed with a lot of information but in the end, she just could not refute it well enough. There are a lot of things that just did not add up to it.

The way I see it, she didn't do much damage, but she sure didn't do anything to help the campaign, either. And the polls would agree. Not to mention, immediately after the debate, she started throwing around unfounded and false allegations again just to take the attention off the fact that she did not address the issues. Now she's blaming Katie for not asking the right questions in her interview, rather than the fact that she screwed that up too.

She didn't "hold her end". She just repeated all of the crap that the McCain campaign wants her to repeat. Kind of like a parrot.

And her comment about Obama and terrorists? It just proves that she'd be the second coming of Dick Cheney if she became the VP.

I honestly can't see how anyone can stand behind this woman. Period. Are we that blind from 8 years of poor leadership from people like her?

Women Against Sarah Palin

See how many women feel that Sarah Palin makes them embarrassing

Women Against Sarah Palin

More Sarah Palin lies, scandals, and corruption from Alaska

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3iQdGtxBJs

To me what this tells the world that Sarah Palin represents for the women in the US and around the World. It's a sign that tells women can be unprepared for, can lies, can be witch hunt, can kill animals, can exaggerate speech to avoid specific questions, can abuse power while being governor of the state, can keep reciting phrases, and can fake to be a hockey mom.

Let think if Sarah Palin becomes Vice President and is a heart beat away becoming President of US if something ever happened to John McCain. What would the people around the world think of Sarah Palin as Vice President and President of US? Aren't we US suppose to have the intelligence VP and P in US?

This time in history, yes, a woman wanting to be VP and P of US. But do we really want this woman who is incompetent for being VP and P of US? The alternative choice is Hilary Clinton. Hilary Clinton would be a better candidate choice for VP and V of US.

Last edited:
Our society is anti-intellectualism.

Nothing proves this more than the support of the McCain/Palin ticket by some.

She also billed the state for reimbursement for time that she was actually spending in her own home, for travel expenses for her family, and for air fares for her family after she sold the state's plane at a huge loss. I wonder how much her so called budget cuts actually benefited the people of Alaska? It would appear that she cost them more than she saved them.

That seems like what Sarah Palin would do.

Also, I remembered one thing that made me go "HUH?" She mentioned briefly how the Universal Health Care would not work, and she asked if we liked how our government works? I was like, WTF? She is the government herself, doesn't she have any faith in our system? It is so laughable.

The $5,000 dollars credit does go back to the insurance companies. I saw a brief debate about the healthcare system between Democrats and Republicans, and it's from the Republican group that said it will go into insurance companies. No one likes the sound of that.

I saw some jokes about Sarah Palin on MadTV. Senator Obaman ask Sarah Palin how she we can help poverty. She responds that we make Casserole....:laugh2:

I saw some jokes about Sarah Palin on MadTV. Senator Obaman ask Sarah Palin how she we can help poverty. She responds that we make Casserole....:laugh2:

Speaking of that, Did you also see the SNL spoof of the VP Debate with Tina Fey in it? I found it to be quite funny too. :lol:

Speaking of that, Did you also see the SNL spoof of the VP Debate with Tina Fey in it? I found it to be quite funny too. :lol:

No, I wish I did :laugh2:. I keep wanting to watch Tina Fey, I am sure she's funny. I will try to remember to watch it Saturday.

I saw it and thought it was great. One thing I've been told is how closely Tina Fey resembles Sarah Palin in the way she looks. She's also got the voice down pat. I've really enjoyed all of the Sarah Palin impersonations and will be sorry to see them end on November 4th. Speaking of which, have any of you seen Tina Fey's impersonation of Sarah Palin's CBS interview with Katie Couric? Hilarious -- especially given the fact that Tina Fey used Sarah Palin's exact words.

It's funny how y'all would not stand for half the stuff you say about Palin right here on this very board if it was aimed at you and the moderators, too. There'd be temper tantrums all over this board. :lol:

It's funny how y'all would not stand for half the stuff you say about Palin right here on this very board if it was aimed at you and the moderators, too. There'd be temper tantrums all over this board. :lol:

We're not running for the second highest postition in this land.:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back