Alaska Governor Sarah Palin slashed Deaf School funding

I believe what Sunshinelady was saying that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's proposed $4.4. billion cut to education statewide. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger wasn't satisfied with approx. $14.5 billion debt, so He asked all departments to cut down such as letting go school teachers, prison guards, prisoners, closing national parks. Several schools in Los Angeles and Orange County were already closed down due to foreclosure housing this summer.
Here's updates: recently, He was planning to raise 'temporary' one-cent state tax to close budget deficit. I believe the one-cent tax increase would remain in effect for 3-4 years or so. So, He had been saying for years that he vows never raising taxes. ;-P

:ty: for attention, what i said about Arnold Schwarzenegger. I don't know much in background about Arnold Schwarzenegger. But, i did heard from my american friends, they also told me about the government took a money from Deaf school and other school etc, too. Because, Arnold Schwarzenegger has not much responsibility for taxes, so he always did "ops". *shakes head*

I cannot agree with you more. It is unfortunately common for most Deaf people to be naive easily when any Deaf-related issues in politics are affected in negative or positive ways without double and triple checking claims and facts.

I created the FactCheck thread for everybody in the War/Politics subforum because I am getting tired of seeing both sides getting wrong ideas or twisting facts into negative perspectives. The Factcheck.org is very useful to rebuke any claims which are created and twisted by mainstream media, liberal and conservative bloggers and pundits about Obama, McCain, Biden, and/or Palin.

Thank you for your 'thanks'. Yes I saw your post for factcheck.org and it was part of why I started reading that site. I still think they have very small liberal bias from some of stuff I read, but overall I think that is a great site for 'debunking' the BS we see in all politics. Obama keeps saying he'll decrease taxes for 95% of Americans (but no amounts given, and that he will let current tax breaks expire so all taxes will go back up), but I also know that he plans to tax most of businesses so everything we buy will cost more (if businesses pay more, they pass on cost to consumers). Anyways, thanks again, and I just hope people actually research the issues at independant sites, instead of going to CNN, Huffingtonpost, or MSNBC and saying McCain sucks. By the way, it's not only deaf people that don't research on reliable information, it is the whole country (and maybe whole world) because I see people on other forums stating the same incorrect information from outside of the US.

I think much of the time I can tell they are hearing fine. I do not mean offense, but I can tell maybe 75% of the time if someone posting is deaf just because of the time I spend around the Deaf, and I know English is a second language for them. But, like I said, even hearing people are the same way about not researching or looking for the truth. They just see what smooth talker says and believe it. I know too many people hearing and deaf that think Bill Clinton was god, but from experience, he almost destroyed this country (dot.com bust started in about 1999 so I had much trouble to find a job, and military was cut almost 75%), and in Europe everyone laughed at me about being an American because of him in 1999.

Anyways, Factcheck.org is pretty good about checking both sides actual fact, and in post I made earlier in this thread, I posted link from Education Weekly, and if anything, I expected them to be liberal, but they posted facts, so I got respect for them.

Okay, I'm apologize about state "true" on biased news but I only provide link for Grummer because some members requested him to proof of link, I just found from Google but don't realize about factcheck stated it's false and corrected the error statement from liberal, not just for liberal but Fox news made error on patriotism issue and had corrected it.

Please don't blame on me, just all up to thread starter, I'm not create this thread but just helped him to provide an link, also based on AD rule, he is supposed to have link included or Alex or moderators could take very seriously.

Thanks to SimpleMan for explanation of fact based on state budget for deaf school or special needs, Royale, I'm not aware of it but I thought it was true because I can't find more information on factcheck until SimpleMan posted it to make clarity.

I guess this thread is serve on purpose.

Okay, I'm apologize about state "true" on biased news but I only provide link for Grummer because some members requested him to proof of link, I just found from Google but don't realize about factcheck stated it's false and corrected the error statement from liberal, not just for liberal but Fox news made error on patriotism issue and had corrected it.

Please don't blame on me, just all up to thread starter, I'm not create this thread but just helped him to provide an link, also based on AD rule, he is supposed to have link included or Alex or moderators could take very seriously.

Thanks to SimpleMan for explanation of fact based on state budget for deaf school or special needs, Royale, I'm not aware of it but I thought it was true because I can't find more information on factcheck until SimpleMan posted it to make clarity.

I guess this thread is serve on purpose.

It's okay. We don't blame on you.

Sarah Palin not capable for being Governor, VP, President

I think Sarah Palin is not capable for being Governor of Alaska, Vice President, and President of US.

She had an abuse of power as Governor in Alaska. Check Google and find out about her on the firing of Alaska's State Commissioner for not fire her brother in-law, State Trooper, who divorced her sister.

Also check this youtube video about her incomplete sentences and repeating cites. Her answers to Katie Couric's interview questions are not directly.

YouTube - Sarah Palin's Interview - Listen to Palin's Last Statment Ouch

I think Sarah Palin is incapable of leading our country on economy, war, health care, environment, and poverty.

Also John McCain has the history of voting against woman's choices.

John McCain on the Issues

I think Sarah Palin is not capable for being Governor of Alaska, Vice President, and President of US.

hmm.... odd.... with approval rating of 87% by her fellow Alaskans... :dunno:

Back