Bad News:

Cheri
it is good big road to recovery for your dad and closer to you :)

Wonderful news indeed, Cheri... let's hope your dad can bounce back to normal in no time!!! Indeed wonderful to know he gonna recover well.. but he will have some challenges, which I am sure he will do better on these challenges to improve himself more...

Cheri, that is a great news to hear. It will takes time as your dad do have a lot of things to relearn. :)

Yesterday they removed his tracheostomy tube, it's a tube that goes inside his neck. He had that tube in since he was in ICU at Reno hospital.

Here is the picture what a tracheostomy tube looks like:
t-5270-3761.jpeg
That's exactly what my dad had. :)

Hi Cheri

I'am very happy to hears that your dad made it okay, whew, thats great hes still alive, he will get thru this with all the helps he can get from you, your family and the people at the hospital. I just notice this today and was going to post something, Prayer to you, your father, your family all in my heart. Thankfully hes doing good, be there for him and he'll be okay. Love to you, your father and your family. Hugs & Kisses XOXOXOX :)

This is what I've been waiting for-- good news and yea, it's probably time for a new thread. ;)

It hasn't been easy watching my dad constantly going up and down, left and right for 2 months. The most disturbing part was when my dad went into labored, rapid breathing during his stay in ICU when fluid was build up in his lungs. It was heartbreaking because I just didn't know how to help, just being there for him is all I could do.

im sorry to hear that.. i hope your dad will be better soon. my friend kristen who had stroke she was only 24 and has a daughter named ashlynn this year.

Yesterday they removed his tracheostomy tube, it's a tube that goes inside his neck. He had that tube in since he was in ICU at Reno hospital.

Here is the picture what a tracheostomy tube looks like:
t-5270-3761.jpeg
That's exactly what my dad had. :)

oh yeah i saw some people have that but no laugh!!

During the rehab stage of my dad's journey

My dad will be receiving Physical, Occupational and Speech/Language Therapies-- Monday to Friday. Weekends off to relax..He likes that. ;)

From what we've been told, My dad's language is not completely gone, he just couldn't access it, He knew what he wanted to say but couldn't find the right words and he also had trouble putting the right words together to form sentences. He can be able to speak loud and clearly, but he's still struggling a little to regain the use of language.

They've helped my dad to stand from his bed to his wheelchair, when he learned to stand on his own, he'll be able to move from wheelchair to walker. He also been practicing baby steps on the bars (of course with help).

He also has two bacterial infections into his large intestine and stomach and his feeding tube came out, nobody knows how it got out. They have to re-insert another feeding tube once again. (Oh boy)

Step by step he will get better. It sounds like really good news, although he must do a lot of hard work.

Glad to know that your dad is doing better. Sounds like he will have to work hard on the road to recovery. He is blessed to have his family there for him.

My dad's heart has taken a turn for the worst because the doctor had took him off the drugs that were supposed to control his heart, help lower his blood pressure, help get rid excess fluids that put a strain on his heart. I don't even know why the doctor did what he did, but it had made my dad's condition worse.

Cheri, I will continue with the prayers. Keep your chin up. Hugs to you and the family.

My dad's heart has taken a turn for the worst because the doctor had took him off the drugs that were supposed to control his heart, help lower his blood pressure, help get rid excess fluids that put a strain on his heart. I don't even know why the doctor did what he did, but it had made my dad's condition worse.

oh no!!

my dad have heart valet surgery in June 2004 and he never have heart attack after his operation but he really trooper..

Cheri, I am very sorry about your dad. I want to give you big hug. I hope that his health will improve.

How's your dad doing now?

His heart is steady, but a little bit too high. He had expressed so much frustration during his rehabilitation process., It sounds like he's on an emotional roller coaster. he pulled his IV out, his feeding tube, he tried to get himself out of bed on his own. He's having a real hard time dealing with his one side paralyzed. We have been trying to keep him calm and letting him know that the they will fix him up good as new and that he'll be okay. I believe he's better off with someone within the family being there with him at all times, but it's hard for one of us to be there during the day when all of us work. But, we gonna have to work on a schedule so that someone can be there for dad, and not having dad being left alone part of the day.

that is good to hear that your dad's doing better now.

Back