HoH weirdness

gabe2068

Reaction score
When I watch movies or tv shows I usually put off the volume and turn on subtitles if possible, its way easier than trying to pay attention and hear every word. Does anyone else do this?

When I watch movies or tv shows I usually put off the volume and turn on subtitles if possible, its way easier than trying to pay attention and hear every word. Does anyone else do this?

Yeah, I do, and for good reason. Highly likely I wouldn't be able to hear the volume with my severe deafness. Subtitles will work just fine.

Yes, but it also takes away from watching the actual movie.

Are you hearing? :roll:

Did you see the title of the thread ? :roll:

Turning up the volume does not always help me, I will still have trouble understanding what is being said. I am also worry it will be too loud for the other people living in my building.

I live with my mom and she allows it until 10pm. I only do it on action movies or show. I need CC for words. There is the t.v device that can connect to the newer hearing aids. I'm hoping to get one soon.

Talk out loud to yourself sometimes?
I do sometimes.
No I don't
Yes you do
No I don't
Yes you do
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I use the subtitles of course, but it doesn't matter volume up or down, I can't understand the words.

OP, I'm hoh and i do that sometimes.
We always have the CC on now, didn't used to.
Hubby doesn't see well enough for them but I use them.

Same here. I prefer to turn the volume off. SO I can hear whats going on in the house with my family. I know I am weird. LOL

I don't mind having the volume on especially when it's music, like a musical. The music in "Frozen" is SOOOO beautiful, but I have to have the subtitles to understand any of it. Otherwise I don't care if the volume is on or not.

I don't mind having the volume on especially when it's music, like a musical. The music in "Frozen" is SOOOO beautiful, but I have to have the subtitles to understand any of it. Otherwise I don't care if the volume is on or not.

Oh yes!!! My girl and I watched the frozen with the volume is on. We loveeeeeee frozen... Let me gooooo.

If its music on tv, then i turn it on and focus on it and ignroe the other sound background in the house.

Same here. I prefer to turn the volume off. SO I can hear whats going on in the house with my family. I know I am weird. LOL

I think that matters more when you have kids at home! :P

(My kids grew up.)

I'm still a kid at heart! Love animated movies. And other Disney movies like Wizard of Oz.

Ditto here. Frozen is the best (recently )so far

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

usually I like to also hear what is going on when I watch TV or movies. There might be days (some weekends) where I don't have my ear devices on when I watch TV, so only have captions to depend on.

Even if you are using SDH(not always available), you would still be missing things you could hear. Captioning is nowhere near accurate, nor complete enough to give you all the a movie presents.

Back