How Is Everyone Doing in This Tough Economy?

Doug5

Reaction score
Now that I got my hip replacements, I am planning on going back to work.

I am nervous about this economy and the fact I havent worked in over 4 years. How is everybody doing? :wave:

always look for the coupons, sales, clearance and good deals. Thank you for asking. Im sure that you ll be fine.. hope the hip replacements go so well. My friend had his hip repleacement. All of a sudden, he did lose some weight that he didn't expect to but he knows he walks more than before. :)

always look for the coupons, sales, clearance and good deals. Thank you for asking. Im sure that you ll be fine.. hope the hip replacements go so well. My friend had his hip repleacement. All of a sudden, he did lose some weight that he didn't expect to but he knows he walks more than before. :)

Yeah, I walk with my dog. I cant walk to far, still have arthritis in my knees. Doc sez they should probably be replaced too. I dont feel like going back under the knife. Knee replacements are much more involved than hip replacements

Im doing very good. :ty:

EDIT: Thank goodness I dont have a lot of responsibilities. A big WHEEEEEEWWWW!!!

Had to get a 2nd job due to no raise for 4 years plus salary reduction. This year, the salary reduction should end so if I work 54 hours a month at my 2nd job, I should be able to save money and use only cash which I had been doing since the beginning of the year once my lawyer fees were paid off. However, it sucks that I need a 2nd job to be able to refrain from using credit cards and be able to save. I hope that in the near future I will be able to do that with just one job. In the meantime, I still have my house, my health, my family, and still be able to go on vacations so I am doing pretty good.

We were hit really hard and are still climbing back up. Had to move in with my in-laws which meant a move from Missouri to Florida. Hubby has work, but it pays less than half of what he was making before.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

We were hit hard, like a lot of other people. We're managing to get by but the medical bills are killing us.

I guess everyone is noticing the fast rises in food costs in stores. I hear they will keep climbing.

And for the first time in a long time, my vacation to Phx and Las Vegas was all paid with cash. In the past, I had a bad habit of traveling using credit cards. It was a GREAT feeling. However, the difference was that I had to find ways to make my money last meaning less shows, booze, and shopping. Getting there.

I guess everyone is noticing the fast rises in food costs in stores. I hear they will keep climbing.

Yup, my grocery bill has literally doubled in the last 18 months. Some of that is because I went organic....but not all.

Yup, my grocery bill has literally doubled in the last 18 months. Some of that is because I went organic....but not all.

Right, because of the floods and droughts, and it will continue to have a rippling effect.

$300,000 worth of medical bills, so far, from cancer treatments. I need a sugar daddy. Fast.

I'm doing about as good as can be expected for a single mother with no college degree. It's tough, but it can be doable.

I'm glad that you were able to get the hip replacements and that you are now moving around well and looking for work. Don't be surprised if you have to take part-time work before you can find full-time work. Hopefully things will begin to turn upward for the economy, but at the same time I think it will get worse before it gets better. :(

part time wont do me any good. I need something permanant fulltime with insurance. I can go back to school but, I just want to work and make money.

Back