What is your favorite recreation activities?

Chrysanthe

Reaction score
I am majoring in outdoor recreation. I am just curious what is your favorite activities?

Skiing

Hiking

Swimming

Scuba diving...

... Mine are scuba diving, camping, hiking, mountain bicyling, and would love to learn to do fly casting!! I tried rock climbing.... but I hate getting my hands all crumbled. And I am afraid to fall down!!

Swimming
Camping (no more from Lion Camp)
Fishing Boat (live far from my parent who live out of state)
Biking with children's trailer
Walking
Playground with Children

Want to Try-Out
Skydiving
Scuba Diving
Hiking on Mountain

Mommyof3

Too many...

Camping, Skydiving, Surfing, Snowboarding, Cross Country Skiing, Swimming, Beach Volleyball, Scuba diving, Rockclimbing, Mountain Cycling, Hiking, Martial Art, Baseball, Basketball, Weightlifting (H.I.T. method only), 100 meter sprint, Boxing, Kayaking, Rowboating, Rafting, Paragliding, Canoeing, Horse Riding, and Swordplay.

I soon will take the courses in tracking plus survival... I cannot wait to add that to my list because tracking and survival training are the most difficult recreation activities ever in human history. Anyway, I am very outdoor person so I love these activities to keep my body in shape, 'be one with nature' or keep myself busy.

Oh yes, I probably take the courses in Fencing as well... I dunno if I should or not. I will see how it is in the future.

too many to list.. i'm very outdoor person

scuba diving, snorkling, rock climbing, canoeing, kyakeing, downhill skiing, hiking, hunting, ATVing.

most of all my favorite activies is scuba diving

i want to try these following things...
sky diving
snowmobiling
mountain climber

DeafSCUBA98 said:
mag-
i never knew u go scuba diving.. u never told me :squint:
You didn't ask me :P

Just kidding... Yeah I did few times but not in training... that was quite dangerous for me to do that. I plan to take the offical courses or training lessons in scuba driving. My date, Nas' uncle is a retired navy seal and he knows how to scuba diving so he teached me how and such...

Edit: I remember my first panic when I was scuba diving...

Magatsu said:
You didn't ask me :P

Just kidding... Yeah I did few times but not in training... that was quite dangerous for me to do that. I plan to take the offical courses or training lessons in scuba driving. My date, Nas' uncle is a retired navy seal and he knows how to scuba diving so he teached me how and such...

Edit: I remember my first panic when I was scuba diving...
LOL yeah there's always a panic on the first few dives.. pretty creepy isn't it?

I just love it cuz its a whole different world under there.

hiking, camping, swimming, horseback riding, walking, biking

wanna try .....

skiing or/and snowboarding, scuba diving, canoeing.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
LOL yeah there's always a panic on the first few dives.. pretty creepy isn't it?

I just love it cuz its a whole different world under there.
Yep. Pretty creepy and I am not used to that kind of 'breathing'. Nas' uncle laughed so hard but he said it happened to him in his first try.

Yeah about different world, that is completely different world and fascinating to boot. Curious, how deep can you go?

Edit: Oh yes, I forget to add one more to the list! It is rollerblading!

have my limits up to 100 feet. if i go over 100 feet i'll probally end up underwater forever :-x since going over 100 feet deep ur brain is like u're HIGH.

Oh really? I just learned another new thing about scuba diving. I may want to try it out for drug-free 'high'. lol naw j/k...

Magatsu said:
Too many...

Camping, Skydiving, Surfing, Snowboarding, Cross Country Skiing, Swimming, Beach Volleyball, Scuba diving, Rockclimbing, Mountain Cycling, Hiking, Martial Art, Baseball, Basketball, Weightlifting (H.I.T. method only), 100 meter sprint, Boxing, Kayaking, Rowboating, Rafting, Paragliding, Canoeing, Horse Riding, and Swordplay.

Wow.... you beat me... of course I would love to try skydiving, kayaking.... about kayaking... kind of freak me out... I would rather to go on scuba diving. I had some training but kayaking... what if I can't get up from the water? aiee aiee..... Canoeing is FUN. I would have to say Rafting rocks! I went on rafting on Colorado River from Co to Utah. Wow. It rocks!!!

Also I love jet skiing. But I always hit on the water when i swerved. I guess i was too daring going too fast. hehe but it s not fun when your neck is very sore!

I like going for really long hikes, like 7 to 8 hours long up a mountain and down. I love being on the top of a summit and looking around for miles and miles.

Bewitched, you know these places which I have ascended. Have you ascended these places as well?

Mt. Timp., Mt. Olympus, Deseret Peak, Lake Blanche, Gobbler's Knob, Mt Baldy (near Mirror Lake), etc... I hiked so much last year, and really look forward to this spring to start hiking again, especially in the Unitas. I would love to go backpacking for like 2 to 3 days in the High Unitas, and perhaps ascend King's Peak, the highest mountain of Utah. I just love camping, hiking, and photographing whilst taking in the beautiful scenery.

I have not really done much outdoor recreations besides camping, beaches, hiking, rock climbing and skiing. I love doing these things, and would also love to do more if opportunities permit me to. I would like to learn how to do real rock climbing though, with ropes and all, and also to hike up a mountain covered in snow using carabiners, axes, icepicks, etc... I just need to meet the right people to take advantage of their knowledge and learn from them! LOL

Bewitched said:
Wow.... you beat me... of course I would love to try skydiving, kayaking.... about kayaking... kind of freak me out... I would rather to go on scuba diving. I had some training but kayaking... what if I can't get up from the water? aiee aiee..... Canoeing is FUN. I would have to say Rafting rocks! I went on rafting on Colorado River from Co to Utah. Wow. It rocks!!!

Also I love jet skiing. But I always hit on the water when i swerved. I guess i was too daring going too fast. hehe but it s not fun when your neck is very sore!
It is easy to balance out the kayak when it rolls underneath. Get your fiance or your good friend that you would invest your trust in them with you to the low-speed river or pool and practice. It is easy actually.. I can understand your fear, I thought that I will be stuck in underwater if the kayak rolls underneath but I found I can roll it upright with little or no problem after several practices. There is very good instruction for you to look through and practice if you still want to learn how to kayaking: http://www.wetdawg.com/pages/tour_tips_display.php?t=90&c=20

Yes definitely about rafting! It is blastin' fun. Whoevers try the rafting and tend to be hooked to it completely.

Come to skiing or any sport that related to skiing, I chickened out... Anyway, time for bedtime heh ;)

Magatsu said:
It is easy to balance out the kayak when it rolls underneath. Get your fiance or your good friend that you would invest your trust in them with you to the low-speed river or pool and practice. It is easy actually.. I can understand your fear, I thought that I will be stuck in underwater if the kayak rolls underneath but I found I can roll it upright with little or no problem after several practices. There is very good instruction for you to look through and practice if you still want to learn how to kayaking: http://www.wetdawg.com/pages/tour_tips_display.php?t=90&c=20

Yes definitely about rafting! It is blastin' fun. Whoevers try the rafting and tend to be hooked to it completely.

Come to skiing or any sport that related to skiing, I chickened out... Anyway, time for bedtime heh ;)

thanks for the tip Mag. I will try to find my courage to do the kayaking. I am in an area where they are many outdoor activities. maybe I shall try this one in this summertime. :)

Ha. Ski? Ski is one of these least favorite activites. I hate to ski on the icy snow.. and it freaks me out. I dig water and ocean... and AIR. not snow. *aiee aiee*

kuifje75 said:
I like going for really long hikes, like 7 to 8 hours long up a mountain and down. I love being on the top of a summit and looking around for miles and miles.

Bewitched, you know these places which I have ascended. Have you ascended these places as well?

Mt. Timp., Mt. Olympus, Deseret Peak, Lake Blanche, Gobbler's Knob, Mt Baldy (near Mirror Lake), etc... I hiked so much last year, and really look forward to this spring to start hiking again, especially in the Unitas. I would love to go backpacking for like 2 to 3 days in the High Unitas, and perhaps ascend King's Peak, the highest mountain of Utah. I just love camping, hiking, and photographing whilst taking in the beautiful scenery.

I have not really done much outdoor recreations besides camping, beaches, hiking, rock climbing and skiing. I love doing these things, and would also love to do more if opportunities permit me to. I would like to learn how to do real rock climbing though, with ropes and all, and also to hike up a mountain covered in snow using carabiners, axes, icepicks, etc... I just need to meet the right people to take advantage of their knowledge and learn from them! LOL

I haven't really gone much in that area. I have hiked in Mt Baldy when I took mountaineering class. but my knee got damaged when I was on mt baldy. I couldn't hike much as I used to. Hopefully i will get to go more this spring which Im taking backpacking class. Yipee!!!

You should try to camp on the beach. It is nice... especially smell the ocean. Ah... it s very relaxing. You d feel like you re in heaven. :)

Ice climbing is very difficlt. you could ask deaf climber. i m sure he knows more than I do. I m not a snow fanatic. Aieeee

Back