Jehovah’s Witnesses focus on needs of deaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had some fun with them too.... they mean well, but man, oh, man, are they fun to mess with. Here's one story:

While sharing a house with a few of my fraternity brothers in college, we noticed a pair of them working our street. My roomies and I acted fast, and set up a cutting board, a few knives, and a plate of salt on a new age- looking blanket on the floor.

At the knock, my roommate threw the door open in breathless anticipation and asked "Did you bring the sacrifice? No? Well, where is it?" Looking past the speaker to his partner, she said "Oh, all right, you'll do." And pulled the dumbfounded person into our house. "Hey Laura-- Which God are we sacrificing to this week?"

"Baal," I replied coming out of the kitchen with another knife. "By the way, where did you put the bucket? I want to be sure to catch all the blood this time."

With that, the JW wrenched his hand free from my friend's grasp, and the two of them bolted. The next day, the police visited our place and looked around. However, the JWs stayed away from our house for a very long time.

:giggle:

Laura

I've had some fun with them too.... they mean well, but man, oh, man, are they fun to mess with. Here's one story:

While sharing a house with a few of my fraternity brothers in college, we noticed a pair of them working our street. My roomies and I acted fast, and set up a cutting board, a few knives, and a plate of salt on a new age- looking blanket on the floor.

At the knock, my roommate threw the door open in breathless anticipation and asked "Did you bring the sacrifice? No? Well, where is it?" Looking past the speaker to his partner, she said "Oh, all right, you'll do." And pulled the dumbfounded person into our house. "Hey Laura-- Which God are we sacrificing to this week?"

"Baal," I replied coming out of the kitchen with another knife. "By the way, where did you put the bucket? I want to be sure to catch all the blood this time."

With that, the JW wrenched his hand free from my friend's grasp, and the two of them bolted. The next day, the police visited our place and looked around. However, the JWs stayed away from our house for a very long time.

Laura

:laugh2::laugh2: Epic!

I feel lucky...

I know a few Jehovah's Witnesses as clients and as friends... they've never tried to convert me or invite me to their events.

I feel lucky...

I know a few Jehovah's Witnesses as clients and as friends... they've never tried to convert me or invite me to their events.

Same here.

I have a few good friends who are JWs. I told them not to try to convert me into JW as long as we valued our friendship greatly.

Laura

You are a lady and you mentioned my fraternity brothers in your post. :hmm:

You are a lady and you mentioned my fraternity brothers in your post. :hmm:

oops... sorry - I was a member of Alpha Phi Omega in college - a co-ed service/volunteer fraternity. Everyone, male or female was called a "brother"

didn't even think to clarify that - sorry!

Laura

I was visited by them before. They all signed and were very polite. They even knew my full name, where I worked, who my father was, etc. etc. etc.

Like I said, they were very polite ..... but knew way too much about me. They even talked/signed to me as if they knew me for years.

Creepy ....

You may wanna find out how they know you so much, because from the looks of things, they're violating your right to privacy. I am guessing there's a JW that so happens to be a friend of yours (or that you once knew) that is a member of the same congregation that they're from.

Yiz

Really? Do they have a sizable Blind population too?

UGH yeah!!!! They gave me a card saying they had Bible Studies and stuff like that in ASL. I have NO beef with Bible Studies. But when they're not straightforward about their beliefs.....Even Bill Rice Ranch is very "out there" that they are evalingcial. They don't pretend that they are general libral leaning Christians.
I do think they try to target us b/c in general JWs are dying, and they want to revitalize the masses.

You are quite correct in that regard. The Internet is becoming a major threat to their so called "religion" basically because there's so much information that shows they've done false prophecies in the past 100 years (last one was 1975) and they keep changing their doctrines that they call it, "new light", explaining away their constant doctrinal flip flops over the years.

A couple of good books to read would be Ray Franz who was a former member of the Governing Body, a small body of men who sit down and discuss doctrinal issues for their upcoming Watchtower and Awake! magazines as well as many other issues. He wrote two books entitled, "Crisis of Conscience" and "In Search of Christian Freedom" Ray outlines alot of scandals that took place since the beginning and why he got kicked out from the "religion". It's a real eye opener to this organization.

Ray passed away last month and for many ex-JWs who knew him and read his books, he will be sorely missed from their ex-JW community.

Yiz

oops... sorry - I was a member of Alpha Phi Omega in college - a co-ed service/volunteer fraternity. Everyone, male or female was called a "brother"

didn't even think to clarify that - sorry!

Laura

No worries! :) Thanks for your explanation. :)

I was visited by them before. They all signed and were very polite. They even knew my full name, where I worked, who my father was, etc. etc. etc.

Like I said, they were very polite ..... but knew way too much about me. They even talked/signed to me as if they knew me for years.

Creepy ....

Did you find out how they knew your name etc? were the JW stalking you or something! I would had call the cops if that happen to me that too creepy!

Mormons also have everything (bibles, Book of Mormons, church stories), including meetings, in ASL. If you don't like the JWs you can join us instead!

Mormons also have everything (bibles, Book of Mormons, church stories), including meetings, in ASL. If you don't like the JWs you can join us instead!

:lol: I couldn't live without caffeine!

No thanks, Like JW, Mormon is work-based salvation.

My dad is a mormon. It once taught that the Native Americans is the lost Jewish tribe from what I understand. Probably why his knit tight family were attracted to it.

I once had a couple of them knock on my dood. The first thing they said was, "Have you found God?" I replied, "No, did you lose him." They never came back.

Did you find out how they knew your name etc? were the JW stalking you or something! I would had call the cops if that happen to me that too creepy!

Lots of organizations have people in well-trenched jobs.

That's how I found out about why the Hell's Angels knew so much about me one time. :roll: Some of them have high-ranking government positions...

Mormons also has Elders, Judicial Committees, disfellowshipping and false prophecies as well. The book of Mormon has never been historically nor archeologically proven. Whereas the Bible does.

And no, I don't want to be a god nor wear secret magical underwear.

Sorry....

Yiz

No thanks, Like JW, Mormon is work-based salvation.

My dad is a Mormon. It once taught that the Native Americans is the lost Jewish tribe from what I understand. Probably why his knit tight family were attracted to it.

Exactly... unfortunately, I have two scriptures that can dispel the work based salvation notion and I'm not allowed to quote scriptures on AD.

As for the Native Americans being the lost Jewish Tribe, that's never been proven either.

Yiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back