Parent go jail for kid become obese

Here's a good quote:

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

In that case, the mother should be teaching the kids how to make their own food.

That's a good quote.

I agree, the kids should be taught how to make their own food and of course to eat it in a moderation. But, in this case, it is apparent that the mother's lifestyle played a big influence on the kid's eating habit since the article mentioned that the mother had to purchase fast foods between these shifts and she wasn't home a lot.

All the mother had to do was go to Wal-Mart and bought a salad in a bag and when she wasn't working, she could have encouraged the boy to take part in extracurricular activities such as scouting, boys & girls clubs, or sports. Something that would have kept the boy busy as well as keeping him physically active which might have helped him to keep off the weight.

But now the mother is only coming up with excuses instead of real solutions. I understand what it is like to be a single parent and to work multiple jobs, but that doesn't mean my child has to be unhealthy. There are ways to work around that. You just need to be creative and devise ways to keep the children active even while your away working.

Back