Vertical line on monitor--solution?

Only happen to CRT. Nothing happen with LCD. There is some LCD with built-in speaker and nothing happen.

because that LCD with built-in speaker already has a protection :slap:

No, not that bad. :lol:

So far, it's only one line (or maybe a few skinny lines together), about 1/8-inch thick, on the left side. Similar to that red line on the far left of your image.

Do you still see few skinny lines since boot up? If so then it's bad flex cable from LCD.

Or only happen in Windows? If so then it's bad driver or bad GPU from computer.

Do you still see few skinny lines since boot up? If so then it's bad flex cable from LCD.

Or only happen in Windows? If so then it's bad driver or bad GPU from computer.
The owner turns her computer on in the morning--the line is there. She checks email, makes a couple copies, scans a photo, done. She turns off the computer. She does the same thing later in the afternoon or evening. Line is there. Turns off computer for the night.

She doesn't use her computer often but when she does, the line is there. She says she doesn't notice it unless I mention it. :giggle:

I think it's my fault for pointing it out. :lol:

because that LCD with built-in speaker already has a protection :slap:

Umm no. I apart to LCD with built-in speaker before and there is no protection.

No trolls please.

My father have two big ass speakers between his LCD and nothing happen for over 10 years.

I just googled it for you due your ego problem.

LCDs are not affected by magnetic fields like the old CRT (picture tube) sets were. The magnet in the speaker will not do any harm to an LCD.

If your first set was LCD, any failure in your old set most probably had nothing to do with speaker placement.

I hope this helps. Please return ans select a Best Answer from all of those submitted.
Source(s):
Broadcast Engineer for 30 years.

Can speakers damage LCD TVs? - Yahoo! Answers

My father told me same thing due he is engineer too. :)

The owner turns her computer on in the morning--the line is there. She checks email, makes a couple copies, scans a photo, done. She turns off the computer. She does the same thing later in the afternoon or evening. Line is there. Turns off computer for the night.

She doesn't use her computer often but when she does, the line is there. She says she doesn't notice it unless I mention it. :giggle:

I think it's my fault for pointing it out. :lol:

LOL, No worry about that. Some people have same problem and it's normal and easy to ignored.

Umm no. I apart to LCD with built-in speaker before and there is no protection.
protection may not be needed if the manufacturer found the right speakers with right specification that will not cause interference. That's why most of LCD speakers sound terrible.

No trolls please.

My father have two big ass speakers between his LCD and nothing happen for over 10 years.

I just googled it for you due your ego problem.

Can speakers damage LCD TVs? - Yahoo! Answers

My father told me same thing due he is engineer too. :)

and I just googled it for you due to your stubbornness :slap:

Do LCD TV`s suffer from magnetic interference from Hi - Fi speakers? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers
Do LCD TV`s suffer from magnetic interference from Hi - Fi speakers?

Not as much as CRT TVs, but it can cause patterning.
No as much as it does to the normal CRT. (normal television with a picture tube).
I will all ways advice to keep speakers away from any other electronic Equ. specially if the speaker magnet is not protected, but now days almost all speakers have a protection case in order to avoid spillage of the magnetic field.

you are not an engineer and I went to engineering school for 3 years so yea I do know a thing or two about interference. Again - you never know but things do happen. It's not just a magnetic interference but electrical interference.

and since your father is an engineer... he probably got the speakers with shield.

protection may not be needed if the manufacturer found the right speakers with right specification that will not cause interference. That's why most of LCD speakers sound terrible.

and I just googled it for you due to your stubbornness :slap:

Do LCD TV`s suffer from magnetic interference from Hi - Fi speakers? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

you are not an engineer and I went to engineering school for 3 years so yea I do know a thing or two about interference. Again - you never know but things do happen. It's not just a magnetic interference but electrical interference.

and since your father is an engineer... he probably got the speakers with shield.

It's do nothing with lines problem. The electrical interference cause lines problem? I don't believe it. Should cause LCD screen in "wave" but stuck lines? um no.

The speakers is 15 years old and I don't think it come with shield.

I am not an engineer but I can fixed everything like I used technician from Canon for seven years and I knew what's problem it was and I can fix right away. There was a lot LCDs with lines problem due flex cable plug weak or poor soldering job. So I fixed by re-soldering or replaced a new flex cable.

The engineering school is nothing to me. You are not even engineer experience for real job for over 5 years. I prefer listen real experience over student. That's why most jobs want people with job experience over student.

Again, your link is do nothing with electrical interference but magnetic interference. So you won't admit you was wrong.

It's do nothing with lines problem. The electrical interference cause lines problem? I don't believe it. Should cause LCD screen in "wave" but stuck lines? um no.

The speakers is 15 years old and I don't think it come with shield.

I am not an engineer but I can fixed everything like I used technician from Canon for seven years and I knew what's problem it was and I can fix right away. There was a lot LCDs with lines problem due flex cable plug weak or poor soldering job. So I fixed by re-soldering or replaced a new flex cable.

The engineering school is nothing to me. You are not even engineer experience for real job for over 5 years. I prefer listen real experience over student. That's why most jobs want people with job experience over student.

Again, your link is do nothing with electrical interference but magnetic interference. So you won't admit you was wrong.

bop bop bop! :cool2:

btw - I did engineering jobs at university's Aerospace & Ocean engineering lab, satellite, and manufacturing shop :wave:

Experience doesn't mean shit to me if they cannot explain the technical reason of any problem. "oh yea that causes this... but I dunno exactly why but all I gotta do is put the tape on it and it works just fine." rrrriiigghhhttttt :thumb: There's a reason why some people are called technicians and some are called engineers.

a good engineer always check out everything even a very unlikely issue. if it ain't magnetic or electrical interference for sure.. then cross it off the list. simple as that. that's a good example of being thorough.

bop bop bop! :cool2:

btw - I did engineering jobs at university's Aerospace & Ocean engineering lab, satellite, and manufacturing shop :wave:

Experience doesn't mean shit to me if they cannot explain the technical reason of any problem. "oh yea that causes this... but I dunno exactly why but all I gotta do is put the tape on it and it works just fine." rrrriiigghhhttttt :thumb: There's a reason why some people are called technicians and some are called engineers.

a good engineer always check out everything even a very unlikely issue. if it ain't magnetic or electrical interference for sure.. then cross it off the list. simple as that. that's a good example of being thorough.

And your engineering is do nothing with LCD. You barking at wrong tree. I already know what's reason and causes problem. Again, I already explained. Thanks you so much.

Only bad engineer thought speakers cause LCD lines problem. :lol: due no experience but just guess.

And your engineering is do nothing with LCD.
neither do you. oh wait - you were never in engineering school nor have any formal engineering background.

You barking at wrong tree. I already know what's reason and causes problem. Again, I already explained. Thanks you so much.
no you didn't explain. Yahoo Group did :lol:

and beside... if you already know cause, then why isn't it fixed? :hmm:

Only bad engineer thought speakers cause LCD lines problem. :lol: due no experience but just guess.
Look back and you'll see that I listed several culprits.

oh well. have a good day! :wave:

neither do you. oh wait - you were never in engineering school nor have any formal engineering background.

Umm, That's stupid ever I read. The technician don't need engineering background even technician do know how to solved a problem. So you have no technician background and you don't know what you talk about.

no you didn't explain. Yahoo Group did :lol:

and beside... if you already know cause, then why isn't it fixed? :hmm:

There was a lot LCDs with lines problem due flex cable plug weak or poor soldering job. So I fixed by re-soldering or replaced a new flex cable.

Re-read again.

Look back and you'll see that I listed several culprits.

Again, Only bad engineer thought speakers cause LCD lines problem because of electrical interference?

Highlander - I know the difference between CRT and LCD monitors. I myself have a CRT and not really interested in LCD. At my old job in Missouri, there were a few desks with LCD monitors and the cell phones still made the screen jump and have wavy lines go across. I am of the opinion, "if it ain't broke, don't fix or replace it". My monitor was still in very good condition when I got the new CPU, so I did not replace the monitor. When the monitor does decide to quit, then I will see what my options are at the time.

Highlander - I know the difference between CRT and LCD monitors. I myself have a CRT and not really interested in LCD. At my old job in Missouri, there were a few desks with LCD monitors and the cell phones still made the screen jump and have wavy lines go across. I am of the opinion, "if it ain't broke, don't fix or replace it". My monitor was still in very good condition when I got the new CPU, so I did not replace the monitor. When the monitor does decide to quit, then I will see what my options are at the time.

I understand. My family and I had to replaced all CRTS to LCDs for their business and home in 2000 after we learned that CRT can damaging to the eyes due low refresh rates and other.

So I am very happy with my LCD since 2000 and no worry about my eyes health. :) Also, LCD is low power consumption than CRT.

Oohhh!! I love the ol' technician vs engineer bash....

:lol: I knew you'd chime in

A plus for being deaf: I automatically earn the respect of technicians. I've already seen how they treat other engineers, especially if the engineers are young and most especially if they are women! (Unless the technician is a woman herself, but that's quite rare.)

Back