Pinball machines

Grummer

Reaction score
Hi there,
I am fairly keen to start on a new hobby, to hunt and restore pinball machines.

Have anyone in here has any experience in this?

I do know some of which games are sought afterb, but im not that fussy and the same time i am aware of some 'traps' which can lead to selling 'unfinished projects' sort fo same thing happens in the Hot Rod scenes....

but at this stage im only exploring what's could be out there, mind you, im from New Zealand, so machines are not a plenty...and would be hidenously expensive to import from the states. I hope that if anyone who has experiences on dismantling, repairing, fixing, paintwork restoration (that will be the most interesting part) and mechanical/electronic maze, could share it or at least give me some good leading points to begin with so i can study it, prepare myself with the right tools, or whatever.

anyway be good to know of any of you who has tried, done, or what..
in restoring pinballs, im not after to make a quick buck *(be nice but thats nto my intention)... I just play a lot of pinball on the pc so i want to get the real thing, not just for playing but also to understand the yesteryear's gaming technology...

:)

A friend of mine used to work at a place that repair/distribute arcade machines. So, I asked him if he repairs/distributes pinball machines. He told me that pinball machines are too hard to maintain, because the break often. Anyway, don't take my word for it. :)

You would probably find better answers if you asked in a forum that deals with pinball machines, such as VPForums.org Home Page

PS: I think owning a pinball machines would be awesome! They seem to be a dying breed though.

Back