If you had the money would you open an Papa Johns?

The Joker

Reaction score
Here's how much it costs to open a Papa John's restaurant

It has never been cheaper to open a Papa John's restaurant.
The company is going through a period of massive growth and plans to open roughly 200 restaurants annually for the next several years, according to a recent investor presentation.

Now Papa John's is trying to recruit franchisees to open those restaurants, so it's offering huge discounts to potential operators in the US.

The cost of franchising a Papa John's restaurant is already relatively cheap, compared to other fast food restaurants like McDonald's or Taco Bell.

The company says operators can open a unit with an investment of less than $250,000. By comparison, McDonald's requires at least $955,000 in startup costs and Taco Bell requires a minimum investment of $1.2 million.

But Papa John's restaurants generate less revenue per unit than most top fast food brands.

The pizza restaurants generate an average of $837,000 in sales per unit annually, according to QSR Magazine. The company ranks 40th for its sales per unit in the magazine's list of the top 50 fast-food chains.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-much-costs-open-papa-132737092.html

Papa johns is for ether carryout or delivery. You cant eat inside. If i opened a papa johns i gotta hire an home delivery guy what means i gotta pay for extra thats insurance. Insurance companies are Americas biggest rip offs. I rather open this pizza place

ls.jpg

Upper-Crust-Pizza-Patio-Lounge-and-Wine-Bar-beer-full-bar-restaurant-Italian-sports-bar-college-bar-open-late-late-night.jpg

Thats what i like to own

I wouldn't like to own either one. Or any other franchise.

I'm not a business savvy person nor 'manager/management' material.

Plus I've seen what a self owned business can do to a person (sometimes good sometimes bad).

Last edited:
That's why Quiznos is failing. When you're a franchisee, you have to buy your food from only the places that the company allows and usually through the company itself. Quiznos overcharged for food and the stores couldn't make a profit. When sales fell the stores started closing. To get sales up, Quiznos offered coupons and discounts which only made the stores fall faster. When stores started closing everywhere, it gave people a negative view of what was happening and discouraged them from going to the stores that remain.

Upper-Crust-Pizza-Patio-Lounge-and-Wine-Bar-beer-full-bar-restaurant-Italian-sports-bar-college-bar-open-late-late-night.jpg

Thats what i like to own

good luck. that's gonna cost you at least $800,000 and good luck making "steady" profit everyday for years cuz it's not going to happen. and plus working every single day for very long hours with only one day off a week (or not).

I have several friends in restaurant business and they do rake in upward to millions of dollars a year but they're not living a millionaire lifestyle. they work 7 days a week, ~12 hours a day. if you plan on

No, uh-uh, I would not. I would use the money to get out of the western business environment and use the money to change society from within. It's happening, whether anyone realizes it or not. The money would just help speed things up a tiny bit. See ya on the flip-side.

if i owned that, i have to have back up business to keep eyes my new business and make sure they won't fluctuating.

Heh I'd open it and offer discounts to all LBGT folks and offer to make pizza for their weddings. That company is as bad as hobby lobby.

Also, big difference between gross income and net profit

No, I don't want deal with state health department. Their regulations can be insanely strict which cost money, especially the start up.

Pizza taste great when you order it in restaurant. When you have a take out and take it home by the time you get to your house pizza will be warm not hot and you'll lose all that original flavor taste when you order inside. I truly believe that.

I just had Papa John's the other night on my shift. Picked it up and drove a few blocks to inhale it. That f ing thing was so hot it burned me and my co-worker. I actually like pizza warm instead of hot but we were starving. It was really good though. Free too. :D

No, I don't want deal with state health department. Their regulations can be insanely strict which cost money, especially the start up.

Yike, I'm sure that he will create a thread and told that he's fined $300,000 for regulation violation on this forum. :eek3:

Owning a restaurant?....hard work. I do love those small Italian restaurants tho'...love Italian food. But owning one? No thank you....don't have time for that....and it's a 7 day operation...too much involved.

Joker-- what you may find good, delicious and 'yummy', others may not so Foxrac is not wrong in expressing his opinion. He might have tasted it before, he might have heard about it..or the fact that it's simply from WalFart...err WalMart is enough.

Back