The LAST Presidential Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I don't watch the news. I rather read about their voting past.

Obama did a great job getting guns banned in Illinois area. Along with afew other things,

if you want to check some facts This page list afew things he did and voted for, along with the link to the voting record.

Gun BaN Obama

But the president don't do the majority of the bill passing, they just veto what they don't like. Congress and Senate does the real bill passing.

If you refer to Factcheck.org at:

FactCheck.org: NRA Targets Obama

you will see that Obama does not plan on banning firearms.

by following suits of most Republicans...

1. you as Joe the Plumber will get taken advantage of by Joe the Rich Bastard and you pay more taxes than Joe the Rich Bastard
2. You as Joe the Plumber's wife will be denied of personal choices such as abortions.
3. You as Joe the Gay will be denied of legal recognition and equality... worse of all - you will be chastised by the society
4. You as Joe the Plumber's son at school will be taught about Creationism

those are the 4 things that pop in my mind about typical ignorant Republican view aka Fox News Fan Club or Matlock Fan Club.

1. about gun rights - No. Obama will not ban gun ownership. I am a gun owner too and he will not take away my gun.
check previous post
2. about your hobby of racing - didn't you notice Nascar already started using trial-version green-friendly racing cars? It's still fast too. and why would it disappear? that makes no sense
I don't want to convert to another form of energy for racing, I like gasoline and methanol fuel
3. hunting regulation? I don't know what you're talking about but during Clinton Administration - it was fine. it'll be fine under Democratic President again. PETA is a big supporter of no hunting and the way they are attacking it is by banning guns, I know there is archery and other ways of hunting but i prefer shooting a deer 400 yds away as it takes skills to be able to shot that good.
4. high tax? no if you noticed - you're actually paying much more tax than rich people right now. Ever wonder how did AIG pay for $400,000 vacation trip? yea that was from your tax money and my tax money too.
Democrat are big in welfare where people who don't work will get money. I don't support that.

responded

Actually I don't watch the news. I rather read about their voting past.

Obama did a great job getting guns banned in Illinois area. Along with afew other things,

if you want to check some facts This page list afew things he did and voted for, along with the link to the voting record.

Gun BaN Obama

But the president don't do the majority of the bill passing, they just veto what they don't like. Congress and Senate does the real bill passing.

yes i'm aware of his stance on gun issue and I didn't like it at all but are you seriously considering this as your biggest concern? Well I don't know about you but the way it's going right now.... eventually you're not going to be able to afford bullets, guns, etc. In fact - you'll probably have to sell your gun and bullets just to put bread on your table or to buy a medicine for your sick child! I'm sure we can put away gun issue just a bit for 4 years. We need more money in our pockets, not bullets. There are more pressing issues than gun rights.

He's not going to ban guns and it's impossible to do that. Look at Clinton Administration. We still had guns (except assault weapon). I like McCain's view on gun rights very much and he's my man for it but unfortunately - it does not solve our economy crisis, health care crisis, education crisis, etc crisis. For me - gun rights goes to bottom of the list.... as long as I get to keep my gun.

A few family members does and I don't plan on making less then $200,000

OK but either way - you're still making less than $250,000 so you should be fine. You won't get high-taxed. Beside - there are plenty of ways for you to pay less tax even when you're making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Ever wonder how and why rich people are paying less tax than Joe the Plumber? They're still doing it for decades. That BS will end now and it's time they pay their dues.

yes i'm aware of his stance on gun issue and I didn't like it at all but are you seriously considering this as your biggest concern? Well I don't know about you but the way it's going right now.... eventually you're not going to be able to afford bullets, guns, etc. In fact - you'll probably have to sell your gun and bullets just to put bread on your table or to buy a medicine for your sick child! I'm sure we can put away gun issue just a bit for 4 years. We need more money in our pockets, not bullets. There are more pressing issues than gun rights.

He's not going to ban guns and it's impossible to do that. Look at Clinton Administration. We still had guns (except assault weapon). I like McCain's view on gun rights very much and he's my man for it but unfortunately - it does not solve our economy crisis, health care crisis, education crisis, etc crisis. For me - gun rights goes to bottom of the list.... as long as I get to keep my gun.

you almost cornered your self but since you put that getting your child medicine part you got out of it.

I believe the economy is doing it's natural flush and it's currently cleaning out the worthless people who's been raising stock prices.

So if Obama gets in and the economy don't improves what will you do if they did banned guns while no one was looking? Everyone is focusing on the economy and that leaves the door open for bills to be passed without the media covering it. Next thing you know we are a country with a crappy economy and no way of fending for ourself. I rather own my guns and be able to survive then letting them have my guns and I have no way of supporting myself.

OK but either way - you're still making less than $250,000 so you should be fine. You won't get high-taxed. Beside - there are plenty of ways for you to pay less tax even when you're making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Ever wonder how and why rich people are paying less tax than Joe the Plumber? They're still doing it for decades. That BS will end now and it's time they pay their dues.

Why? If the governments wants to put the loop holes in the tax system why not work it to your advantage?

I'm just saying Taxing someone more just cause they make more money then you is not right.

You assume I will be making less then $250,000

When the time comes that you're earning more than $250,000, then you can complain to me all you want about Obama's tax plan (although I won't feel sorry for you). Before you start complaining though, I'd worry about *getting* a job that pays six figures first.

I'm not into politics, although I did watch the final debate, but I gotta admit the only thing I like about Mr. McCain, is his taste in women. :naughty:

:lol: I am positive sure that you have your taste in women, too.

When the time comes that you're earning more than $250,000, then you can complain to me all you want about Obama's tax plan (although I won't feel sorry for you). Before you start complaining though, I'd worry about *getting* a job that pays six figures first.

No worries here. Start January.

No worries here. Start January.

Off-topic...

What is your profession? If you don't want to mention it here, feel free to send me a PM. If you'd rather not mention it at all, that's fine too.

In my opinion, those who can afford to pay higher taxes should pay them. It's about time the middle class get a break. It's been a LONG 8 years and it's time for change (Sorry, McCain. That was Obama's original campaign slogan -- not yours.).

Why? If the governments wants to put the loop holes in the tax system why not work it to your advantage?

I'm just saying Taxing someone more just cause they make more money then you is not right.
Agreed. When Obama says he'll give tax cuts to 95% of working families, that makes no sense because nearly 40% of them don't have to pay taxes to begin with. What he calls a tax cut is really welfare. I don't want to live in a welfare state. Let people earn their own money.

OK, I am going to share my thoughts... as a woman (Christain at that) ok,,, first of all, do we really know how healthy McCain is? He will be the first oldest president ever and back in 2000 he had skin cancer (removed and seems to be doing fine) How Healthy Is John McCain? - TIME .. he is age and how he appears on TV during the debates (angry) kind of frightens me - hoping he is not stressing himself too much (if our future president)....Then, I feel he picked Pailin for show.... cuz many wanted Clinton..... then also Palin,,, well, to me, she is not a good example for a woman in politics for me - Clinton was, all her childern were over 18 ... Sarah has 5 kids and the baby has down syndrome,, whos taking care of her kids? She's an example to women by showing...... that they can have a bunch of kids and run the United States? Why not have Angelia Jolie run for vice president then? I feel - Palin..should be taking care of these children, especailly a special needs child...then to say she may become President of the US if something happens to McCain? Oh Lord!
Obama, he is calm and cool about what he wants changed in America... I used to be Republican, however after being educated on issues in the United Staes, I know we can not stick to Rebulican strictness and need a lot of open mindness to make changes happen....did u notice how Obama said more than twice "we all need ot work together" in the debate last night? Thats what I want and feel we need to make changes in the US...

If you refer to Factcheck.org at:

FactCheck.org: NRA Targets Obama

you will see that Obama does not plan on banning firearms.

Great source, I agree with you. :)

Views of gun rights for Obama is better than Hillary Clinton.

I live in IL and we are legal to own guns at home but concealed carry is illegal in IL and it was very old law before Obama became senator, in around 1970's or 1980's.

I had noticed some people are CCW but hidden in somewhere.

here is a good read, you can check the facts yourself as which I did also.(it wasn't written by me but I do support it)

Madison, You are entitled to your opinion but If you are to provide information regarding to this, Please provide a source (if you were copying and pasting from a website) thus the copyright infringement.

Yup, look in Europe, they are much higher tax than America does, usually for people with high income, is it make life so fair? not really...

Most Europeans are enjoy on high standard of living, high tax isn't really matters and it has been for very long time.

I believe that more than $250,000 would be around 35% to 40%.

Life is life.

National debt is serious issue and need find way to pay off.

Off-topic...

What is your profession? If you don't want to mention it here, feel free to send me a PM. If you'd rather not mention it at all, that's fine too.

In my opinion, those who can afford to pay higher taxes should pay them. It's about time the middle class get a break. It's been a LONG 8 years and it's time for change (Sorry, McCain. That was Obama's original campaign slogan -- not yours.).

I agree..my husband and I are middle class and we are suffering financially..have to keep borrowing from my daughter's college savings to pay for bills.

It is time for us to get a break.

I agree..my husband and I are middle class and we are suffering financially..have to keep borrowing from my daughter's college savings to pay for bills.

It is time for us to get a break.

My sister is doing the same thing for her daughter. In fact, last night she and I had a conversation about how difficult it is to be middle class. She told me how lucky I was (however, not in an insulting way) to be receiving disability payments until I finish my Bachelor's degree. She also told me how she lost $20,000 in her 401(k) because of the current poor state of the economy. Now she needs to find a way to recover that money. The only way she can do it is by dipping into her daughter's college fund. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back