VRS interoperabilty for videomail

radioman

Premium Member
Reaction score
With Zvrs pushing for video mail to be enabled NOW to sorenson users, I am surprised no one is making comments or sharing thier thoughts here. It seems to be that other VRS is joining the fight and rallying support for this change, how do you guys feel about it? What do you know why this is an issue ? DO you guys even understand whats its all about?

I do.

I only just started seeing stuff about this over on FB. One of my friends posted an interesting video that showed the difference between ZVRS and Sorenson when it comes to the ability to leave a voice mail with the other (one uses Sorenson the other uses ZVRS and tried a call between them both ways)

Thanks deaf ducky. I'm just surprised that all deaf didn't jump all over this. I been seeing alot of face book videos and comments regarding this but nothing here. A big wow

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Thanks deaf ducky. I'm just surprised that all deaf didn't jump all over this. I been seeing alot of face book videos and comments regarding this but nothing here. A big wow

I saw the video last year or earlier this year, can't remember which, but it was quite a while ago that I saw it on YouTube.

I know for the fact that there is no profit making on these features because they have nothing to do with VRS and nobody but VRS companies pay for them. The truth is, just like any business in technology that develop some software or operatiin system and end users who upgraded these sw, end up seeing some of application quit working, who is responsible for the changes? If you really wanted know if Sorenson does upgrade all the time, you can see for yourself... how? Go to help then about and observe version number, u will notice version number kept rising often.

SOOOOOOOO .. sorenson annouces interoperabilty. Is this a cover up? Theey claimed they been working on it for a year and will announce this feature this dec. Sorenson

SOOOOOOOO .. sorenson annouces interoperabilty. Is this a cover up? Theey claimed they been working on it for a year and will announce this feature this dec. Sorenson

Great!. They better take time to do it!!! No more compliance! Please be patient till December. :)

I do want all VRS providers work together and all VRS consumers can able to leave video messages to each other without any difficulty.

I hope Sorenson is true to their word on interoperability part. Thanks to Sheri Ann Farinha for bringing that issue up quickly. It worked in her favor. I hope Sorenson is seriously taking action on interoperability.

Well, what I dont understand the fuss about vrs interoperablity, dont you guys, even Z people aware that FCC is going to set up neutral platform to solve interoperability issues? This is something that Z really turned me off. Not a chance I would patronize Zvrs, ever, period!

Seems that the companies putting in a fix for the interoperability will happen faster than the neutral platform as putting together something like that will take a while not to mention timeline..

I'd rather get ONE number that I could use on ANY VRS service, not expire and not have to fight with them about porting it all over the place or have to have 5 different numbers that will expire if I don't use it for a period of time.

What's wrong with ZVRS? (I have my own likes/dislikes on at least 3 of the VRSes)

Well, what I dont understand the fuss about vrs interoperablity, dont you guys, even Z people aware that FCC is going to set up neutral platform to solve interoperability issues? This is something that Z really turned me off. Not a chance I would patronize Zvrs, ever, period!

The fuss is that sorenson would NEVER have interoperability with THEIR hardware unless something was done . They wanted to wait long enough until neutral platform was out and use that as a way out. sorry. Z saw something that many of us didnt, including me. There was a few things I didnt like about CSD/Z/whatever but the things they did actually brought good things out later after the fact.

We have come a long way in getting the same functionality like hearing people do, but we are doing it at fcc expense so we need to take a moment and give out blessings to FCC folks as we are not paying directly to VRS's, but rather voicing our frustrations directly to FCC asking them to referee and swallow the full cost of having VRS.

I believe that Neutral Platform take our freedom of choices away from us and put it in the hand of the Government.

I still would like to be able to choose what hardware or software as hearing world could choose what smartphone or computer they want.

Does Verizon smartphone work on AT&T system? NO .....

But you still could call to AT&T folks from Verizon smartphone on Verizon system so it give Verizon the freedom to come whatever platform they want to offer to their customer. Why can't we have the same??......

Isn't that what VRS doing right now offer Deaf people the same choice as hearing people get which is to be able to choose the platform and company they want to call from as long it connect to another competitor system???...

I believe that this so call "Neutral Platform" will put us back into the Black and White world again.

Is Windows or Mac or Linux the same? NO ....

But yet you still can send emails to different platforms from email client you choose freely ....... Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc ......

I don't want a "WinGovernApplement" O/S on my hardware.........

well- the results are sorenson decided to "comply" without intervention from FCC. They decided themselves to have more time to "enable" messages to be turned on later this year. So far I have not heard a large uproar from deaf community over this. I guess we are used to waiting since Sorenson put t out there that it will be done. So NOW its a word of trust. will they? are they going to make it worse or play tricks with taking features away or something? I dont know- All I know is that EVERY feature on sorenson vp is really a reason for making profit.

I have never heard of any company running without profit, if they do, they won't last long. Profit is just a type of income for after working on anything for somebody else. EVEN non-profit organization needs to make some profit to support themselves.

You got job? Your actually making profit, your income is your profit... Whats wrong with that?

I don't give a damn.

I know for the fact that there is no profit making on these features because they have nothing to do with VRS and nobody but VRS companies pay for them. The truth is, just like any business in technology that develop some software or operatiin system and end users who upgraded these sw, end up seeing some of application quit working, who is responsible for the changes? If you really wanted know if Sorenson does upgrade all the time, you can see for yourself... how? Go to help then about and observe version number, u will notice version number kept rising often.

It doesn't matter if there is no profit making on these feature because they have nothing to do with VRS.... well Sorenson make a lot profit back in 2004 where 22 dollars something per minutes. FCC give them a chance to made some develop and service... now they are doing unfair way while FCC did give them oppuranty. Even they rattle some dime in cup and begging the FCC to stop rate down. They have plenty stock food in break room. I am talking about junkie, bonus and so on... so way back then... then what the point to keep going to get bonus then... no budget for feature while Sorenson's number one goal is customer happier... really? I smell something bs

It doesn't matter if there is no profit making on these feature because they have nothing to do with VRS.... well Sorenson make a lot profit back in 2004 where 22 dollars something per minutes. FCC give them a chance to made some develop and service... now they are doing unfair way while FCC did give them oppuranty. Even they rattle some dime in cup and begging the FCC to stop rate down. They have plenty stock food in break room. I am talking about junkie, bonus and so on... so way back then... then what the point to keep going to get bonus then... no budget for feature while Sorenson's number one goal is customer happier... really? I smell something bs

I am curious

Where did you get the 22 dollar something per minutes information from?

Back