Reorganize my desk again

SneakerNet

Retired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally got my request to order rotating (swivel) Arm for TV so that way I can put stuff under my VP TV. Before I have no place to put Kleenex, pen/pencil cup and tools cup etc. Now I can!!

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 25
Man I'm absolutely jealous of your space! The cubes I've worked in were small though I think a standalone nTouch (or other) device could have fit (but only one PC and one monitor (I wasn't one of the lucky ones to get a 2nd monitor in my time at my last job- I should have gotten one...)

Sneakernet, that looks very nice and organized!
The amount of space and devices reminds me of my hub's previous office at work and also his new cubicle at his new work location.
He has several screens of things and other item as well. He is VERY techie!

:thumb: congrats on your space/arrangment!

Sneakernet, that looks very nice and organized!
The amount of space and devices reminds me of my hub's previous office at work and also his new cubicle at his new work location.
He has several screens of things and other item as well. He is VERY techie!

:thumb: congrats on your space/arrangment!

Thanks, it just cramping my style. Before I have no place to put Kleenex (I'm a nose sufferer) and 3 cups of pens/pencil/markers/mini tools etc. So I knew that VP TV take up so much space and don't use keyboard. So, raising it above and I can place thing under.

Man I'm absolutely jealous of your space! The cubes I've worked in were small though I think a standalone nTouch (or other) device could have fit (but only one PC and one monitor (I wasn't one of the lucky ones to get a 2nd monitor in my time at my last job- I should have gotten one...)

I need all three OS'es, Linux, Mac, and Windows. You know running all in VM (Virtual Machine) will be a space saver. As you saw in pix, the one with 27" iMac and that run on VM, switching between iOS and Windows 10.
So, later I'm planning to consolidate all in one box.

I need all three OS'es, Linux, Mac, and Windows. You know running all in VM (Virtual Machine) will be a space saver. As you saw in pix, the one with 27" iMac and that run on VM, switching between iOS and Windows 10.
So, later I'm planning to consolidate all in one box.
ahh that makes sense. Where I was before they were starting to add a 2nd monitor for a lot of testers (mostly automated testers) to be able to have the tests running on one monitor while recording the results and other duties on the other. Easier than flipping back and forth on one monitor. I didn't mind as I was a manual tester testing mainframe but would have been nice to have that 2nd monitor when I ran the VBA macros for mainframe testing.

I was trying to decide if I should set up 27" iMac with 27" Thunderbolt to replace the Windows 7 box and 2 19" monitors... but combining two 27" is heck of space to take up! So, thought showing you a video running VM Windows 10 and switching task bar at the bottom between the two screens.

[yt]6LwsuQKdCuw[/yt]

Very nice set-up. What're you doing that requires a lot of virtualization for you?

Very nice set-up. What're you doing that requires a lot of virtualization for you?

Thanks, I only have one VM running which is on iMac running Windows 10 (testing purpose before corporate wide upgrade, not going to happen till next year or more). That is all.

Thanks, I only have one VM running which is on iMac running Windows 10 (testing purpose before corporate wide upgrade, not going to happen till next year or more). That is all.

Nice. I'm planning on migrating my current virtualization solution here at home from Virtualbox to straight KVM. Means a lot of reworking of stuff, though. But that's okay, as it lets me test things in stages so they don't break, for my company.

Back