• Will get one someday

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Not interest

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

IcedTeaRulz

Reaction score
I'm curious about VP...

Hey, I have two! Recently I called a shop. Arranged for the work order, then drove down there. When I walked in the shop, and trying to tell the guy about my parts needs to be work on. He immediately gave me the note which he already wrote while waiting for me to arrive his shop. He said, Man! this video relay service is damn better than typing relay service, and LOVE IT! I just smiled back at him, and said yea.

Those who not interested, I highly encourage you to give a try, what you got to lose? Its completely free, and if you don't like it, just send it back. What you got to lose? 2 years ago, I was NOT that interested and literally refused to apply for one cause I thought I type very fast, and should be sufficient. But after my friend told me to get one, nothing to lose? So for his sake, I go ahead. The first minute I use the VRS, its OVER! I love it! I now don't want go back to TTY relay service at all, but will IF really NEED TO or HAVE TO.

diehardbiker65 said:
this video relay service is damn better than typing relay service, and LOVE IT!

I agree! I noticed that Video Relay Service (VRS) is much better than type to relay service, hard for deaf people what to say or how to descibe (sp?) with words but use VRS MUCH easier!

yes, but I mean hearing people seems to PREFER VRS much more than TRS!!!
Yes your right, much easier and less misunderstand with VRS than TRS. I was surprised that I don't have to repeat too often like TRS does. urgh!

IcedTeaRulz said:
I agree! I noticed that Video Relay Service (VRS) is much better than type to relay service, hard for deaf people what to say or how to descibe (sp?) with words but use VRS MUCH easier!

diehardbiker65 said:
Those who not interested, I highly encourage you to give a try, what you got to lose? Its completely free, and if you don't like it, just send it back. What you got to lose? 2 years ago, I was NOT that interested and literally refused to apply for one cause I thought I type very fast, and should be sufficient. But after my friend told me to get one, nothing to lose? So for his sake, I go ahead. The first minute I use the VRS, its OVER! I love it! I now don't want go back to TTY relay service at all, but will IF really NEED TO or HAVE TO.

I think you misunderstood. Read carefully the question of Poll.

I do have Dlink VP. See pix below...

VP-100 is much more advanced than I2EYES. Missed calls, Ready-to-dial VRS, Redial features. Of course, lot more people have VP-100 than others combined.

lovesorenson said:
VP-100 is much more advanced than I2EYES. Missed calls, Ready-to-dial VRS, Redial features. Of course, lot more people have VP-100 than others combined.

I do have VRS services via I2EYES VP:
1. CSD
2. Sprint
3. On Hands
4. Federal VRS
5. IP (MCI)
6. Hamilton
7. ATT
8. ........

How many does VRS service offer for VP-100?
1. just one: Sorenson.

lovesorenson said:

Yeah, Sorenson VP have caller id, redial, speed dial., vrs, etc. It is neat to see the name & ph nbr appear on it if missed when they call us.

D-Link from C-S-D.

Our VP-100 stays in its box until we have access to services of our choice.

Steve

So, what's the question?

For many of us who have good English, we were happy with regular Relay Service. However ALOT of our friends do not have passable English, we have to think of them.

I have a Sorenson but have never used the Relay part of it. ASL was not my first language, English was. That is the difference.

Whatever you are comfortable with -- it is amazing that we actually have a choice!

:ty:

Lantana said:
So, what's the question?

For many of us who have good English, we were happy with regular Relay Service. However ALOT of our friends do not have passable English, we have to think of them.

I have a Sorenson but have never used the Relay part of it. ASL was not my first language, English was. That is the difference.

Whatever you are comfortable with -- it is amazing that we actually have a choice!

:ty:

SEE? Or speaking as a deaf oralist? or Mime?

(nosy) Thanks for the comparation of your poll... :dance:

take a look at my Poll so you will understand better...

BTW, I drink iced tea (no sweet)...

I have vp-100 and Dlink.. I like VP-100 better.. like most said, have missed call, auto dial for vrs etc..

Back